You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
Nissan Altima Coupe. Never knew it until I played CSR Racing. :lol:
Nissan_Altima_coupe.jpg

autowp.ru_nissan_altima_coupe_21.jpg

I know it was available in the US only, but it's still strange that I've never seen it in my area (even a gray import). I see some USDM Japanese coupes, like Mitsubishi Eclipse (USDM version), Honda Accord Coupe, Ford Probe (which is 60% Mazda MX-6), Eagle Talon, etc.

But Altima Coupe... I can't even find a photo of one in RF. It's sweet (apparently not worse than an Eclipse or a Celica), and the version with a VQ35DE 3.5 L V6 engine (270 hp) is just sweet. What, Russian gray car dealers don't know this car, too? This can't be.

Yup, I have a friend that owns an Altima Coupe, it's not a half bad looking car and I find it a great alternative to the Ford Fusion.

Yup, I have a friend that owns an Altima Coupe, it's not a half bad looking car and I find it a great alternative to the Ford Fusion.
I didn't realize there was anything other than the coupe until he posted that.

Recently, I found out that an Indian company called Sipani saw chance to somehow evolve the Reliant Kitten into a five door hatchback:

sipani-montana-02.jpg

montana0002.jpg

Later on, it became available with a 20 hp diesel engine.

I must say I am really interested in all those obscure brands/models, so absolutely loving this thread! Some more oddballs:

Grancar Futura (a Brasilian Renault Espace copy)

574_brasileiros_abre.jpg

574_brasileiros_01.jpg

574_brasileiros_02.jpg

Monteverdi Macho (a large hatchback using Ford Granada parts, never went into production)

309hcfc.jpg

Toyota Monteverdi Super-Ace (luxurious version of the Hiace)

hiace%20monteverdi%201.jpg

AMC Borgward Isabella (basically a rebadged Hornet, only sold in Germany in very small numbers)

288um3d.jpg

Tommykaira M19 & M30E (Tommykaira originally was a tuner of Mercedes-Benz models, and the M19 was their first project)

tommy_kaira_m19-6.jpg

M30E_2.JPG

Hyundai Stellar Wagon (was only available in South-Korea, I believe)

[image removed, malware warning - Jordan]

Silver Slipper (one-off with unique v6 engine, built in 1912)

10243129235_404c497bc6_z.jpg

Early (1978) Renault R9 design proposals.

9414837893_c7a5f082b8_z.jpg

Edit: just added some more oddities...

Last edited by a moderator:
-> That Grancar Futura looks pretty damn good for an Espace copy! It looks way superior compared to the Xerox-copies from China today!

I honestly only recently learned about this Alpina B6's existance.
I just don't know much about Alpina other than the fact they modfiy BMWs.

Alpina-B6-35-06.jpg

-> That Grancar Futura looks pretty damn good for an Espace copy! It looks way superior compared to the Xerox-copies from China today!

I agree, most copies of well known models just look like a cheap rip off, but overall this one doesn't look bad imo. Build quality seemed to be ok as well.

Some more weird stuff:

SH7181 (MPV developed by Shanghai Auto)

volkswagen-santana-mpv-china-6-458x252.jpg

Hongqi CH750F (Dodge 600 built in China)

hongqi-ca750f-china-1-458x257.jpg

Nyayo Pioneer (a Kenyan governement project: designing an affordable car. Five different prototypes were built)

Kamnyayo.jpg

Rapport Ritz (modified Honda Accord)

Petite-Prestige-Rapport-Ritz.jpg

Ford Mustang Country Squire (Dutch estate conversion)

5466222434_23755e0048_z.jpg

Spiess TC 522 (a 1992 German supercar, allegedly capable of doing 211 mph)

1992_Spiess_TC_522_01.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 190E Schulz City (a W201 turned into a hatchback)

mercedes-benz190E26citySchulz1.jpg

They did a convertible version too...

W201%20190E%20City%20Fun%20von%20SGS.JPG

While it does look pretty stupid, it is actually pretty clever. It's an economy car and minivan in one that can be separated when you just want the economy part.

Ah, I remember reading about the Voyeger III concept once in a car book I looked at when I was little.

Anyway, I just learned about the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, I kinda want to know more about it.
Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I.jpg

Mitsubishi #2 I've learned about: the Eclipse Ralliart, the apparently had 400hp and there was only 1 made.
10852d1296676661-new-chevy-cruze-ss-concepts-1.jpg

They should have built it. Fascinating...

And to commemorate great engines in ecoboxes, I give you a V6 Sentra:

Anyway, I just learned about the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, I kinda want to know more about it.

Mad. Three-door homologation special built for the Dakar Rally. 3.5 liter V6 with variable valve timing and "276" horsepower, sports suspension and underbody armor as stock. No-nonsense cars, very prized around here... much more so than Lancer Evolutions, actually... since they're pretty rare.

Mad. Three-door homologation special built for the Dakar Rally. 3.5 liter V6 with variable valve timing and "276" horsepower, sports suspension and underbody armor as stock. No-nonsense cars, very prized around here... much more so than Lancer Evolutions, actually... since they're pretty rare.
:drool: That sounds awesome!

Also, I just heard of the new Viper GT Package
2014-SRT-Viper-Stryker-Green-front-side-view.jpg

Last edited:
I knew about this a year or so ago but forgot about it..

The 1971 Shelby Maverick.

Yes, you read that right.

shelbydemexico2.jpg

shelbydemexico4.jpg
mexautoshow2.jpg

Built only in Mexico, only 300 were built, all of them V8 cars. 100 of them were beefed up 302's (5.0), the other 200 were 302 horsepower 351W V8's.

My dad had a Maverick :) Love it!!!

Back