You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
That roadgoing Harrier LS9 looks like a 1989 concept car. Where can one purchase one...?

I don't know much info on the car itself, other than the fact that many of the racing versions used to compete in the British GT Championship.

You may be right. According to the info in the following link, that road-going model was a concept car: http://www.madle.org/eharrier.htm

I'm guessing the racing LR9s were UK-exclusive only, but it's just my guess and I haven't found more details on that.

Another picture - an open-top racing LR9 that competed in the 1994 24 Hours of Le Mans:

WM_Le_Mans-1994-06-19-063.jpg

-> ...

^ I spot either Alfa 155 or Subaru SVX tail lights/lamps. :dopey:
Alfa Romeo 164 I think.

Interestingly, according to the link I posted, the road-going model was powered by an Alfa Romeo engine.

EDIT: http://www.caterhamf1.com/team/management/john-iley Apparently, the current performance director of Caterham F1 Team, John Iley, used to work on the car.

Last edited:
Chrysler Firepower Concept. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually somewhat well known, but I've never heard of it so I'll post it here.

Chrysler_Firepower_Concept_-_fvl.jpg

Picturefirepower_195.jpg

Supposedly, it was Viper based, with a 6.1L Hemi and obvious styling cues from the Crossfire. While not perfect, I think it looks fantastic, especially considering its ~10 years old.

Want a Lancia Delta Integrale but worry that it's too big, too good-looking and handles too well? Fear not!

yunque_ghk_7071_wow.jpg

yunque.jpg

Yunque GHK 7071

Is that a Non US market car?

Both E36 and E90 M3 were available in the US with 4 doors. E30 and E46 M3 did not came in 4 doors.

Production M3 body style availability:

E30: Coupe, convertible
E36: Coupe, sedan, convertible
E46: Coupe, convertible
E90: Sedan
E92: Coupe
E93: Convertible

Note E90-E93 are the same generation of the 3 series, but BMW started breaking out the different body styles into their own chassis code, while previously different body styles within the same generation shared the same chassis code.

Cool thanks I was mistaking the current cars for the E46. I need to get my eyes checked. Shame about the E46s those are IMHO the best looking M3s.

Chrysler Firepower Concept. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually somewhat well known, but I've never heard of it so I'll post it here.

Chrysler_Firepower_Concept_-_fvl.jpg

Picturefirepower_195.jpg

Supposedly, it was Viper based, with a 6.1L Hemi and obvious styling cues from the Crossfire. While not perfect, I think it looks fantastic, especially considering its ~10 years old.

I really wanted that when I was a wee lad. And you are right, it still looks damn good. That was during the Mercedes era, and all those wonderful concepts and prototypes never came out because stupid is stupid.

I really wanted that when I was a wee lad. And you are right, it still looks damn good. That was during the Mercedes era, and all those wonderful concepts and prototypes never came out because stupid is stupid.

Daimler did their best to send Chrysler to the dungeon after their 1998 marriage. Nice concepts, but few came to fruition.

Another one-off variant of the Koenigsegg Agera, the Koenigsegg Agera HH:

ggg.jpg

koenigsegg-agera-hh-at-mulholland-drive-02.jpg

I read about it a few weeks ago on GTspirit.com.

Apparently it's owned by Danish programmer and racing driver David Heinemeier Hansson, (also known as DHH) the same person who owns the Pagani Zonda HH. He's the creator of the Ruby on Rails web development framework.
Currently, he's racing in the United SportsCar Championship, driving the #09 RSR Racing Oreca FLM09, under LMPC class.

Do SEMA show cars count? Just discovered this while googling "custom viper".

0608tr_01_z+2003_custom_dodge_caravan+front_angle.jpg

The APC Dodge Grand Caravan Extreme is a Viper-inspired minivan that combines the performance of a 3.8-liter Vortech supercharged engine with the cargo carrying capability of the original minivan. The APC Minivan Extreme features Viper Red paint with silver Viper-style racing stripes from front to back, vented and louvered hood with functional ram air intake, Viper-style splitter on the lower front fascia and Viper seats on the custom trimmed interior. A profile view highlights unique 19-inch RO-JA wheels and performance tires, PTP dual side exit stainless exhaust and lowered height due to reduced springs and side skirts with integrated side exit exhaust.

The vehicle's factory ostrich-egg stance has been sexed up and slammed thanks to an airbag suspension dampened by Bilstein shocks. Tucked underneath is a set of 19-inch Ro_Ja wheels wrapped in Yokohama racing rubber. Take note of the wide lip on those rear wheels. The minivan was configured by the factory for front-wheel drive, but APC converted it to rear-wheel drive; hence the offset on the rear tires. APC left those wheels on there when they converted the minivan back to front-wheel drive, keeping the meaty, aggressive RWD look.

It's pretty cool...or something. I don't get it thought. It apparently had a V8 at one point, but then they took that out and put a supercharged V6 in, which is fine, but I don't get why they converted it from FWD to RWD and then back to FWD. Interesting car van but the people who designed it really need to make their minds up.

@Slash (fan) :P

Not a fan of the slammed look but that's pretty sweet. I have the slightly smaller version of the 3.8L, the 3.3L. Pretty reliable actually. Never had a single engine issue in 200k.

It's pretty cool...or something. I don't get it thought. It apparently had a V8 at one point, but then they took that out and put a supercharged V6 in, which is fine, but I don't get why they converted it from FWD to RWD and then back to FWD. Interesting car van but the people who designed it really need to make their minds up.

The Plymouth Howler made it pretty clear that Dodge didn't really have a RWD drivetrain package that would work well for anything that wasn't the Viper or a truck, so they were probably fishing to get a bunch of parts together that they could actually sell. Remember how every few years the actual car manufacturers (meaning usually GM) throw together concepts based on cars no one cares about that they would/could never make but pretend could be just around the corner; and everyone completely ignores them as a result?

Same thing.

Last edited:
Remember how every few years the actual car manufacturers (meaning usually GM) throw together concepts based on cars no one cares about that they would/could never make but pretend could be just around the corner; and everyone completely ignores them as a result?

Same thing.

Hey, a lot of people cared about GTOs!

They just didn't buy them. :D

Why isn't this in GT?
Probably the same reason why there's no Skyline R33 Autech GT-R (4-door sedan. BTW, it was in GT2).
I'd like them in the game, but... are they worth spending time and funds for them instead of more desireable cars (like "give us the BMW E30 goddammit!!111") if we already have normal Evo IX and R33 GT-R?

Back