You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
Ford Mustang FR500

Ford-Mustang_FR500_2000_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg
Ford-Mustang_FR500_2000_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg

Ford Focus FR200

untitled.png
Focus_FR200.jpg

2001 Ford FR100

8480.jpg
2002%20Ford%20FR100%20Concept_1.jpg

It had 415 horsepower and could out accelerate and outhandle the Corvette of it's day. It was pretty much all bolt on parts though.

gambar-ford-mustang-eleanorterbaru2014.jpg

factory-effort-photo-8365-s-429x262.jpg

fr500.jpg

I've never been an X pipe, H pipe, or Y pipe fan. I'll take em straight.
Yep it had a SLA front suspension with a longer wheelbase. Spray bore 5.0 Modular with a dual throttle body intake. It was some high tech stuff for sure. I still have all the Magazines about this car in storage. Your crazy, it is all about x pipes everything else sounds like firecrackers in a garbage can. JK LOL

Yep it had a SLA front suspension with a longer wheelbase. Spray bore 5.0 Modular with a dual throttle body intake. It was some high tech stuff for sure. I still have all the Magazines about this car in storage. Your crazy, it is all about x pipes everything else sounds like firecrackers in a garbage can. JK LOL

I actually cannot stand the sound of an X pipe. Most mufflers sound like ass too, they make the engine sound like it's whistling, and I hate it. I love the sound of a straight motor, ain't nothing like it.

Perfect example:

^^^Fox sounds terrible

Much prefer the cheapies, but there are better ones that are cleaner than that, those aren't too great. Of course, open headers sound the best:

Last edited:
In Indonesia, there was a local car company called Timor. It didn't really "make" or design cars, only producing re-badged versions of the first-generation Kia Sephias. These Timor cars came in a few number of variants: S515 (SOHC carburetted), S515i (DOHC, fuel injected), and S516i LE. (limited edition variant, licensed by Prodrive) I had been seeing plenty of them, so they don't really belong in this thread.

What I recently knew, was that Timor made a station wagon variant of the re-badged Sephia. For around eighteen years, I lived in my home country and I had never even seen one of them. Apparently, they turned out to be pretty rare.

timor_swagon-00.jpg

BCATMEyCIAEaa3r.jpg:large

The station wagon project was codenamed SW516i.

DIM_652.jpg

DIM 652 from Greece.

Last edited:
Most of you are probably somewhat familiar with the weird retro creations of Mitsuoka, but who knew they built a small number of Messerschmitt-like microcars as well? Called the K-2, and there's currently one for sale.

1010069A20121110W00304.jpg

1010069A20121110W00305.jpg

I can't help but wonder who exactly that's for.

A one-seater Microcar that's probably not much smaller than...well...a bigger car. Styling is half vintage, half single-seat racer. This is just filling me with unprecedented levels of wat.

Checked the other Mitsuoka cars on sale. Found the lovechild of a Citroën H Van and a golf cart.
70008028742013041500100.jpg

I can't help but wonder who exactly that's for.

A one-seater Microcar that's probably not much smaller than...well...a bigger car. Styling is half vintage, half single-seat racer. This is just filling me with unprecedented levels of wat.

It's clocked 2km in 16 years. More of a whacky furniture piece than an impractical way to get around.

Considering they made more than one though, there's probably a few Japanese individuals making use of the others. Quintessential Japan.

Last edited:
In Indonesia, there was a local car company called Timor. It didn't really "make" or design cars, only producing re-badged versions of the first-generation Kia Sephias. These Timor cars came in a few number of variants: S515 (SOHC carburetted), S515i (DOHC, fuel injected), and S516i LE. (limited edition variant, licensed by Prodrive) I had been seeing plenty of them, so they don't really belong in this thread.

What I recently knew, was that Timor made a station wagon variant of the re-badged Sephia. For around eighteen years, I lived in my home country and I had never even seen one of them. Apparently, they turned out to be pretty rare.

timor_swagon-00.jpg

BCATMEyCIAEaa3r.jpg:large

The station wagon project was codenamed SW516i.

DIM_652.jpg

DIM 652 from Greece.
I've never seen those station wagon Timors ! Where did you find these ? Jakarta ?

I've never seen them myself as well, as I stated. I got the pictures from the Internet. I couldn't clearly see the initial letter of the first car's license plate, but as you can see, the second car's license plate starts with a B, so...well, yes, looks like it's a Jakarta car.

More info on the car here, along with two other obscure Timor models that I didn't decide to post previously: http://s515i.com/timor-limited-edition/

The article's in Indonesian though, so most people here probably can't understand what it says.

Here's a review of the car with a little bit of sarcasm in the intro, by a Kinja user: http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/timor-1498512748

I believe most of us do. Here's the road-going GT-R LM made to homologate the racing version's eligibility, for those who don't know:

RP-032_1K0E_0.jpg

c0131888_2018507.jpg

It's my favorite of all the Skyline GT-Rs.

Yeah. That car is so freaking awesome! I think they should include the competition version in GT6, don't you?

It's the Ferrari Testa D'Oro...

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

It was a Testarossa built by German company Lotec and designed by Luigi Colani (look him up), intended to be a land-speed car. A handy pair of turbos boosted the power to 750bhp, and it became the fastest car with a catalytic converter by going 211mph in 1991, then 218mph in 1992.

It then got rebodied in 1993, but from what I gather was never run again.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Well this is interesting and sad in equal measure. Ferrari FX:

1996_Ferrari_FX_-_dk_blu_met_-_fvl_%284653162375%29.jpg

Another rebodied Testarossa, this time with a seven-speed sequential Williams F1 gearbox. Only seven were made, six of which went to the Brunei royal family where they are presumably gathering dust like all their other exotics. Car number four (this one) was cancelled by the Sultan and is now in a museum in California.

Well this is interesting and sad in equal measure. Ferrari FX:

1996_Ferrari_FX_-_dk_blu_met_-_fvl_%284653162375%29.jpg

Another rebodied Testarossa, this time with a seven-speed sequential Williams F1 gearbox. Only seven were made, six of which went to the Brunei royal family where they are presumably gathering dust like all their other exotics. Car number four (this one) was cancelled by the Sultan and is now in a museum in California.

Looks like a Saturn.

image.jpg

Back