You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
Probably the same reason why there's no Skyline R33 Autech GT-R (4-door sedan. BTW, it was in GT2).
I'd like them in the game, but... are they worth spending time and funds for them instead of more desireable cars (like "give us the BMW E30 goddammit!!111") if we already have normal Evo IX and R33 GT-R?
I'd rather have a 4WD rallywagon over a silly M3.

I'd rather have a 4WD rallywagon over a silly M3.

e39.png

I believe most of us do. Here's the road-going GT-R LM made to homologate the racing version's eligibility, for those who don't know:

RP-032_1K0E_0.jpg

c0131888_2018507.jpg

It's my favorite of all the Skyline GT-Rs.

BMW X5 LM

1322156309-BMW-X5.jpg

pic-5466259598242679987.jpeg

One-off to tackle the 'Ring. (Why do so many manufacturers forego the chance to build a limited run of extreme, track-oriented versions of their cars? When they do, they almost always sell like crazy).

The more I see these functional prototype and concept supercars, the more I lament the companies' decisions to not produce them. So much potential to wow more people already. Most of them probably had good reasons though.

Now, something that is quite the opposite of the previous car posted:
112_0901_32z%2Bporsche_museum%2B1994_porsche_C88_concept.jpg

porsche_c88_3_94.jpg

1994_porsche_c88_concept_011.jpg

This is the Porsche C88 in the Porsche Museum, a prototype family car. It's designed for the Chinese market in response to the Chinese government's invitation. Completed in just three and a half months, it was eventually displayed at the 1994 Beijing Auto Show. Porsche Museum director Dieter Landenberger said, "The Chinese government said thank you very much and took the ideas for free, and if you look at Chinese cars now, you can see many details of our C88 in them."

Anyone know if this is related to the first gen Insight at all?

Easy to pick out the similarities. Given the lack of info on it, I'd say there's a chance it provided some design ideas for the Insight. Though much of the car evolved from the J-VX concept.

While I'm on the subject, take a look at the J-VX and you'll notice it bear more than a passing resemblance to the Honda CR-Z. This was revealed well over a decade before Honda applied the design to a full production model.

jvx%20rear.jpg

Last edited:
Back