Your Assessment of Spec 2.0

• Thread starter YellowG1
  • 125 comments

Now that we know what's in Spec 2.0, what's your assessment?

• Much more than I expected

Votes: 103 31.8%
  • A little more than I expected

Votes: 85 26.2%
  • About what I expected

Votes: 81 25.0%
  • Less than what I expected

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • A lot less than what I expected

Votes: 13 4.0%

• Total voters
FactoryDriver
Now that we know what Spec 2.0 will contain:

• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
• User control of the weather change feature.
• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
• New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
• Improved UI response and usability.
• Replay forward/rewind.
• Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
• Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
• Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
• Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.

What's your impression? Was the above what you expected, more than you expected, or about what you would expect?

I honestly thought there would be more. THere might be, I have a feeling theres more coming.

I am perfectly happy with whats coming. To me, its almost like getting a new game. My favorite parts of the updates are:
1. Updating the NASCAR cars
2. Full G27 support
3. Tuning sheet
The rest of the update is cool also, those are just my 3 favorite parts. Overall, very good update in my opinion.

• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars. [Don't really care.]
• User control of the weather change feature. [Meh.]
• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings. [YAY!!]
• New Spec 2.0 opening movie. [Don't care.]
• Improved UI response and usability. [Huh?]
• Replay forward/rewind. [Handy.]
• Mid-race save feature for endurance races. [That's awesome!]
• Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).[Don't care]
• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar). [REALLY don't care]
• Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel. [Really REALLY don't care]
• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models. [snore...]
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours). [What? Another GT-R? Really? I'm overwhelmed. Oh, wait - no I'm not. Let's say I'm *whelmed*.]
• Improved physics and artificial intelligence. [We'll see.]
• Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel. [That would be great, if I had one of those, or planned on getting one.]

In summary, there's a lot that I don't care about or won't really notice in the new update, but there's a couple things that I think will really improve the game and playability. In-race saves for enduros will allow me to maybe finally finish those last couple 24-hour races, and saving different setups will be handy as heck.

It's not perfect, but it just got a few steps closer.

It's a very awesome update. I appreciate PD for working on these updates. Especially with the endurance race saves with DLC coming soon

If there's going to be a spec III (which I'm sure is going to be the finale before GT6 comes) I think these features should be added:

1. Some standard cars to be upgraded to premiums for free like GT prologue
2. Drive in Convertibles like GT4
3. Leaderboards
4. Day/Night on more tracks
5. Weather on more tracks
5. Photomode interior views
6. More aerodynamics
7. Flag system
8. Ability to choose different interior colors for the premium cars
9. Qualifications (for championships)
10. Free run (with a.i cars cruising around tracks just like in the previous GT's)
11. start grids or roll grids for the selection menu
12. tweak all of the premiums to have working clocks and gas fuel's, and mileage

This would be nice to see in spec III

I am super pumped about the press release. I would have been doing cartwheels over replay controls alone!

Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
- Meh. I drive bumper cam. Good for those who drive interior view though.
User control of the weather change feature.
- Very cool. We can actually have wet races in our online series now instead of just random weather (which has never given me more than a light sprinkle).
Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
- OMG yes! I could have used this a while ago. I have settings one my phone, scrap pieces of paper, and text files on my pc. Never bothered saving so many settings that I should have.
New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
Improved UI response and usability.
- Looking forward to ANY improvements to the UI. To say it's not friendly is being generous.
Replay forward/rewind.
YES!!!! YES. YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS! I have had to sit through +1 hour replays several time IN A ROW to capture multiple angles of an incident on the last lap of an gtplanet online series. I won't miss doing that.
Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
- This is a good addition. Not sure I'll ever get to level 35 or 40 though.
Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
Expanded Photo Travel features
Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport
Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
- I'm withholding judgement on this until the update is out. Improved AI is badly needed in my opinion. I have no interest whatsoever in playing against the AI unless I turn ABS off, then it can be a bit of a challenge.
Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
- Sweet. My wheel has been crippled for far too long. I almost forgot that it has buttons on it.

This brought everything that I would have been disappointed about if it was absent and several extras that I wasn't expecting.

I am super pumped about the press release. I would have been doing cartwheels over replay controls alone!

This brought everything that I would have been disappointed about if it was absent and several extras that I wasn't expecting.

OHHH yeah. 👍 about both

I think it's a little more than what I expected or the same, because I'm a bit shocked that about a few of them.

Physics and AI improvement being one of them.

This is more then i expected, the only thing's i don's see on the list are giving standard cars the ability to have high beams and online Leaderboards like in GT5P

Yes Nastra! I'm glad this got you pumped too!

The best part I always like to assess after a new big update's out for GT is that there's always a lot more unlisted changes that every one keeps discovering for weeks after the initial release of the patch. Hoping for lots more than what's been listed so-far (although I won't be disappointed if it's just this) because that's how it's been in the past. Full details of the patch will only be realized, like I said, way after the release of Spec 2.0.

• User control of the weather change feature.
• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
• Replay forward/rewind.
• Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.

These were of most interest to me. Hoping that the weather change feature extends to offline adjustment including time change.. Doubt it somehow.

This one made me laugh though..
• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.

Well hot dang! Lemme go grab muh Hacksaw Jim Duggan tank top!

Ya Pops
These were of most interest to me. Hoping that the weather change feature extends to offline adjustment including time change.. Doubt it somehow.

Pretty sure there's a photo of weather adjustment at High Speed Ring floating around GTPlanet somewhere; check the news article?

I expected primarily a couple of free tracks (or weather/time changes on more of the existing ones), some free street cars and an overhaul of the tuning system and A/B spec modes.

Is just a bit of breathing room for PD to keep our minds off the DLC.
More (different) cars and tracks is all that matters with this game now.

I'm excited to see what it brings, as looking at the picture with the GT-R, you can see new RM'ed cars behind it. I don't think they've revealed everything yet, and I'm looking forward to DLC. One thing that bothers me is that it appears there still are no Dodge NASCARs for some reason.

Hey guys! My first post in the GT section of the forum in awhile, but I needed to help show support for all of what Kaz and PD are doing. I haven't picked up GT5 in awhile, due to school, but this update has me so excited I don't exactly know how to deal with the time for 6 days. The thing that has me really jumpy are the "racing car" and "course" packs. It seems like it will give me the opportunity to learn about new cars again, the thing that made me fall in love with GT 11 years ago. Thank you Kaz for doing your best to keep my favorite game fresh and show us it still is your pride and joy, just like we all hope and want it to be. 👍

Back