GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DaveMay96
EXCUSE ME!!!! :grumpy: I apologise for anybody that was affected by the accidents when my tyres went off and the car slid out of control but OTHER ACCIDENTS was misjudgements by other people. And deliberate ramming by Cowboy is not a good way to resolve this. I tried to race cleanly, however one of my pitstops (when my tyres had worn) didn't register and I had to struggle a whole lap with no grip, And people accusing me because they messed up by cutting me.

I enjoyed the race, had great drafting partners, hope to see you all at indy for the next round :)

Deliberate ramming? :lol:

I'm dying :lol:
I was trying to pass with my partner and you didn't let us pass, you were a few laps down, and should've let us by.

The other "ramming"... Droptop saw :lol:

EXCUSE ME!!!! :grumpy: I apologise for anybody that was affected by the accidents when my tyres went off and the car slid out of control but OTHER ACCIDENTS was misjudgements by other people. And deliberate ramming by Cowboy is not a good way to resolve this. I tried to race cleanly, however one of my pitstops (when my tyres had worn) didn't register and I had to struggle a whole lap with no grip, And people accusing me because they messed up by cutting me.

I enjoyed the race, had great drafting partners, hope to see you all at indy for the next round :)

Misjudgement by yourself. Every time someone was on the highside you would try to block an drive them in to the wall.

Wow you guys think your all elite and give no one a break. This is NW, not the SC. EXPECT crap like this to happen in this sub league, have fun and let it go

Race Report @ DRIVE4COPD 300

MULE_9242 takes the win at Daytona Superspeedway with an 18 second lead over smuffyatfcp. The beginning of the Nationwide Season was marred by several incidents which definitely overruled proceedings tonight. Nonetheless, three teams, Red Bull Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing, Rick Ware Racing and Richard Childress Racing ran riot whilst unfortunate JR Motorsports suffered three disconnections. Joe took pole in an exciting and frantic pole shootout where he set the blistering lap of 50.435.

The race began awkwardly with fastfox seemingly suffering a penalty before crossing the start finish line. On the first lap, harrypayne spun out very freakily on the outside with no contact with other drivers, just the wall.

Unfortunately, jazza96uk also suffered a disconnection on lap 8 but for the remaing 112 laps, DaveMay96 appeared to cause every driver apart from those at Richard Childress Racing to wreck. With no evident lag, drivers became fearful of the looming 48 running more than one lap down and in the final laps caused the leading drivers from Joe Gibbs and Rick Ware, Tom and Cowboys to both crash.

Despite the twenty incidents recorded by Chqr whilst sitting on the sidelines, particular teammwork was seen in the remaining Ford drivers, Tom and Joe who were glued to each other for much of the race.

As a result of today's race, the following changes have been made:

1. Driver, DaveMay96 is parked for the rest of the Nationwide season.
2. Owner & Driver, Ken and Dave are under investigation for suspected deliberate dirty driving to all other teams in this series.
3. Driver, Harrypayne is parked for the next race.
4. The room will be moved back into a Private Lobby.
5. The room MAY BE MOVED to Tom_97_COD's Private Lobby but run in that lobby by Chqr. Future announcements will clarify this.
6. Mics are compulsory for future Daytona races.
7. Drivers are permitted to drop any race 1-10 from their final points standings
8. A discussion between stewards to going to be held on whether or not we should award points to Sprint Cup drivers, whether or not we should introduce lag cautions.
9. Drivers, if disconnected are advised to not reenter the lobby under race conditions to avoid lag and kicking out teammates and other drivers.
10. Mechanical Damage will be turned off for future races because of its effect in causing lag when an accident takes place.

*investigations and discussions will be discussed among the Series' stewards

Chqr

This is why I'm telling you guys that you should handle this via PM with the league host.

(for fastfox400) I am new and inexperienced, I tried to keep out of it all but ended up slowly going high. Some misjudged so hit my left front, because they tried to go in front.

(For Cowboys965) I was on the inside and people would go dead in front of me and split second later I would have someone in a spin. They obviously wanted me to help them but they misjudged so hit my left front.

AFAIK, I can only set the volume of my own speech, not the others'...

Also it's rather painful to wear a mic for a long time, so I'll prefer racing without one any day.

I didn't say anything about this before because I didn't feel it would be fair but...
I raced with Dave a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I was not impressed by his driving. When I heard he had joined this league, I nearly 🤬 myself. If he had joined my team, I would have immediately told my team owner that there is no way I'd be racing with him but seeing as he joined a different team I only thought it was fair to let it go. Well... there we go.

I realise you guys have made up your mind :guilty:

Can you please just remove me from the series, due to the fact Kenkwilinski did nothing wrong, he just gave me a chance. Can you please remove me so I can be replaced and Kenkwilinski can have a chance with 3 drivers not 2.

It's now confirmed that I can't turn down the volume of other people speaking to me, so no mic for me in future races.

Carbonox
It's now confirmed that I can't turn down the volume of other people speaking to me, so no mic for me in future races.

In the XMB menu if you go to accessory settings and into microphone settings you can change output device so that you hear people through your telly 👍

Race Report @ DRIVE4COPD 300

MULE_9242 takes the win at Daytona Superspeedway with an 18 second lead over smuffyatfcp. The beginning of the Nationwide Season was marred by several incidents which definitely overruled proceedings tonight. Nonetheless, three teams, Red Bull Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing, Rick Ware Racing and Richard Childress Racing ran riot whilst unfortunate JR Motorsports suffered three disconnections. Joe took pole in an exciting and frantic pole shootout where he set the blistering lap of 50.435.

The race began awkwardly with fastfox seemingly suffering a penalty before crossing the start finish line. On the first lap, harrypayne spun out very freakily on the outside with no contact with other drivers, just the wall.

Unfortunately, jazza96uk also suffered a disconnection on lap 8 but for the remaing 112 laps, DaveMay96 appeared to cause every driver apart from those at Richard Childress Racing to wreck. With no evident lag, drivers became fearful of the looming 48 running more than one lap down and in the final laps caused the leading drivers from Joe Gibbs and Rick Ware, Tom and Cowboys to both crash.

Despite the twenty incidents recorded by Chqr whilst sitting on the sidelines, particular teammwork was seen in the remaining Ford drivers, Tom and Joe who were glued to each other for much of the race.

2. Owner & Driver, Ken and Dave are under investigation for suspected deliberate dirty driving to all other teams in this series.
5. The room MAY BE MOVED to Tom_97_COD's Private Lobby but run in that lobby by Chqr. Future announcements will clarify this.
7. Drivers are permitted to drop any race 1-10 from their final points standings
8. A discussion between stewards to going to be held on whether or not we should award points to Sprint Cup drivers, whether or not we should introduce lag cautions.
9. Drivers, if disconnected are advised to not reenter the lobby under race conditions to avoid lag and kicking out teammates and other drivers.
10. Mechanical Damage will be turned off for future races because of its effect in causing lag when an accident takes place.

Chqr

This looks like F1 so many rules :(

Good. Get him out of here.
I don't think Crazy would tell his driver to do that, but if he did, then wow....
I'd probably talk to him first before you slap this on him. He might have had controller issues.
Please don't. see below.
See below.
Might work, but not every driver that didn't have a mic caused problems. Carbonox was fine, and jazza was fine, and they don't have mics.
Good.
not up to me i guess LOL
:indiff:
imokaywiththis

Chqr

[/center]

The way to solve the hosting issues is something that Drop suggested during the race.

Let Niop host the room, since he's not racing anyway. He can kick out any randoms or any driver causing trouble (ie Dave)

Just my two cents.

MÜLE_9242;6818820
Alright, I've been informed of some new details about Jakob that I wasn't previously aware of. This has led to some minor changes.

Jakob, as of right now will not be racing at Daytona or SSRX. I will be taking over in those races. Jakob will still race at the other tracks, but will be on a very short leash. On the other hand, if he improves, I'll allow him back at the drafty tracks, pending a team test.

I think this is fair for everyone.

What a decision that turned out to be.:sly:

Congrats Mule, and sorry for last night.:guilty:

MÜLE_9242;6837916
The way to solve the hosting issues is something that Drop suggested during the race.

Let Niop host the room, since he's not racing anyway. He can kick out any randoms or any driver causing trouble (ie Dave)

Just my two cents.

Bang on, Niop should be hosting in a public lobby 👍

As for lag cautions, I'm reluctant to say yes as it can sometimes be hard to determine whether an incident was caused by lag. Also reluctant to award points to Sprint Cup drivers as it goes against the rules IRL, I'd discuss that point with Drop if I were you mate.

EDIT: Anyone sure of the finishing order yet? I've got...

1st - Mule
2nd - Smuffy
3rd - Joe
4th - Carbonox
5th - Tom
6th - Cowboys
7th - Drop
8th - Dave (Irrelevant really)
9th - Fastfox

DC's included: Jazza, Trynor, Chqr, Filipe. (Did I miss anyone? This is off the top of my head)

We just need to know in which order the guys disconnected 👍

Last edited:
Jazza was first then Chqr, Trynor, and then filipe

Sounds about right , so...

1st - Mule
2nd - Smuffy
3rd - Joe
4th - Carbonox
5th - Tom
6th - Cowboys
7th - Drop
8th - Fastfox
9th - Filipe
10th - Trynor
11th - Chqr
12th - Jazza

This is assuming Dave's points are disregarded.

If Indy drives anything like it does in the sprint cup races, we'll be looking at a 1 stop race. For a proper test session under race conditions, 4+ cars will be needed, so I don't think we'll really have an idea how tyres will be until during the actual race.

If Indy drives anything like it does in the sprint cup races, we'll be looking at a 1 stop race. For a proper test session under race conditions, 4+ cars will be needed, so I don't think we'll really have an idea how tyres will be until during the actual race.

Well it's only 40 laps right? I think tires can last 20 laps fairly easily, could be wrong.

There is a few ways to estimate. PWR and mapping a tire model. Then applying that to our specs, good luck if you figure out the code. I have it already ;)

After two hours of playing around with the replay, I have finally managed to download it properly and I will clarify any issues after race results are posted.

Thank you Tom for the replay 👍

The main concern for me when I was disconnected was that will everyone else be disconnected? I want to make sure that in future, like yesterday, if I DC, everyone else can still race. Somehow, I think that we should move lobby to either Niop or Tom for a trial. Private or public, we shall see.

Race Results @ DRIVE4COPD300

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

34oownr.png

Drivers' Championship

6zn4mh.png

Owners' Championship

jif891.png

As per Nascar procedure, parked drivers still qualify for the points' championship but are disqualified from the announced races.

I have included the Sprint Cup Drivers and Nationwide Drivers in the Drivers' Championship standings for reference purposes. They are still illegible for points in this Championship.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back