GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MÜLE_9242;7132643
Matty wasn't driving a Red Bull car. It's not his fault. He was driving a Gibbs car, filling in for fastfox. If he was in a Red Bull, I wouldn't have raced. Simple.

It was just a misunderstanding, you've made it clear there was a mistake and Chqr has waived any penalties anyhow. Done and dusted 👍

MÜLE_9242;7132643
Matty wasn't driving a Red Bull car. It's not his fault. He was driving a Gibbs car, filling in for fastfox. If he was in a Red Bull, I wouldn't have raced. Simple.

No issue. 👎

Chqr
I've just realised that Red Bull ran 4 cars at Grand Valley. That is against Nationwide rules. You may only run 3 cars in a team in a race.

This rule was implemented to stop teams hoarding positions and fielding 6 cars.

I apologise I didn't check but in future teams will be penalised.

Name the four drivers. I wasn't in anyway involved anyway as I was in the #18..

I only thought MULE, Carb and Litchi were in them.

EDIT: that was Suzuka sorry.

Since I'm missing WTCC tomorrow I may as well race this, any positions open?

Ford's only consistent full time entry has been Racefan, normally with me and/or Joe driving for team points. I'm sure you could drive for us tomorrow?

EDIT: We've covered it Matty, it was a mistake.

Name the four drivers. I wasn't in anyway involved anyway as I was in the #18..

I only thought MULE, Carb and Litchi were in them.

Umm, no, I was only Red Bull at the last Sprint Cup season. :D

TomMcD
Ford's only consistent full time entry has been Racefan, normally with me and/or Joe driving for team points. I'm sure you could drive for us tomorrow?

EDIT: We've covered it Matty, it was a mistake.

Yeah, I opened up this and didn't realise there was another page :lol:

TomMcD
Idiot :P Hope you're hitting 1:04's for Indy by now, R&D objective for this week is 5th ;)

I am, and just got a pole, 3rd and win in the Suzuki Swifts series at SSR5 :D

I am, and just got a pole, 3rd and win in the Suzuki Swifts series at SSR5 :D

Not-like-a-boss.jpg

Shame it's round 3 though, was my first race today and I got the most points out of it :dopey:

EDIT: Anyway we're way off topic, sorry.

*. Thunder Test Session: 26/05/12
2cpp72h.png

2:45 EST (7:45pm BST)
Short fun races and testing on many calendar tracks decided by lobby vote.
Immediately follows the ending of the Nationwide race. All Nationwide, IndyCar, Sprint Cup and Thunder drivers may attend.

Fastest Laps in Practice

0:45:899 - amp_88_jr @ Daytona Oval
0:45:975 - Nater_racing21 @ Daytona Oval
0:46:078 - Chqr @ Daytona Oval

1:41:532 - Furinkazen @ Laguna Seca
1:41:784 - Tom_97_COD @ Laguna Seca
1:43:210 - Chqr @ Laguna Seca

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253281

Any picture complaints are to be directed at TomMcD

Standings being posted in literally a few minutes.

Race Results @ 40 At the Valley

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

xkxhrm.png

Drivers' Championship
Your worst two points finishes excluding the season finale are dropped.

b7mhwy.png

Owners' Championship

2q00epz.png

HSR 100 Race Preview

So there were three. Its a three-horse race for the inaugural GTP Nationwide Series as we head into our final three races of the season. Carbonox leads the RCR charge with a tidy 9 net point advantage over the Canadian, TRYNOR who has similarly been very consistent throughout this season. Smuffy is a mere three points behind TRYNOR and is also a strong favourite for this year's championship.

Its no surprise that Richard Childress Racing leads the Owners' Championship with two hot young drivers working extremely well given the competition from not only the Nationwide folk but the Sprint Cup heavyweights too. Tremendous praise must be given to Richard Childress Racing, who have used 3/3 Nationwide drivers for its team on all but 2 races. Whereas Rick Ware Racing have yet to field a 3/3 Nationwide line-up for a single race all season. Spells of unreliability may have hampered their chance at a 2nd place finish with Red Bull stringing two big points races in as many weeks. Special mention must be given to GTP_Litchi who has only driven for four races this season and has finished on the podium three times out of four races he's done. Red Bull and MULE have surely found a real superstar in Litchi and one can only help but wonder what the Championship would have looked like if he was around earlier. JR Motorsports has been a rocky road but since the depature of Chqr, it seems things have improved and like Red Bull have had a couple of strong points finishes. Joe Gibbs Racing unfortunately has suffered quite heavy points damages in the Owners' Championship but still remain in contention.

The fight for the fourth and fifth places in the standings is only heating up and with the possibility of team ownership coming for S2 from these positions, Nater, Litchi, Cowboys and Dave are all lining up with only twelve points between them.

With S1 coming to its closing stages, we look ahead to S2. A minor teaser was released by Nascar Nationwide Officials yesterday.

Nascar Nationwide S1 has been a huge success with massive turnouts, exemplary driving from the rookies and veterans and consistently clean racing. S2 will look at maintaing such success by reverting to a shorter 10 race calendar, removing Madrid, Darlington and two other races and replacing them with two or maybe not so new tracks and race lengths. Officials are exploring the possibility of an earlier start-up time and making race lengths as consistent as possible with an average of 40minute to 1hour races. Given issues with bonus points, drivers charging to the front to lead a lap and PD not pulling their weight, we may remove lead lap and most led lap bonus points. This is subject to further evaluation. As stated earlier, the Team Ownership system may undergo changes. We may also see the introduction of Motegi Oval too.

Race Director, Chqr looks forward to welcoming you back.

Remember to tune in for the race, live and uninterrupted on Reflex TV from 18:00 BST, never miss a lap!

Chqr – Nationwide Series Co-Race Director

It's looking cool...

If I can get a somewhat good and strong result from HSR, I should be set for the last couple o' races. Basically my target is to beat both my rivals so I wouldn't gain unnecessarily high pressure. ;)

Wow, thanks for the kind words chqr. Much appreciated 👍

And I can see that RBR is now 2nd on the team championship. ;)

Did I actually come last in both races? Thought I did alright in Suzuka and in GVE..

EDIT: Realised I got DC'd in GVE..

Rules and Regulations

1. Any NASCAR race car in GT5 is allowed to participate, 2010 and 2011 models are both legal, GameStop Camry included.
2. Power is restricted to 453 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
3. A Ballast of 35KG must be added to car's weight bringing the weight to 1600KG.
4. Only Racing Medium tires will be permitted, no other compounds may be used, harder or softer.
5. All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
6. Mechanical Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
7. Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
8. Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
9. Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
10. Slipstream is set to WEAK.
11. Boost is OFF.
12. Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
13. NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

a) Race Clean - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.

b) While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

c) Drivers are not permitted to use the Series' Livestream Service mid-race. Anyone that is caught can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

d) Drivers are advised to exit the pit lane with caution. Anyone that is caught blocking or deliberately causing an accident can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

Points System

You may drop one race from Races 1 - 10 from your overall points standings.

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points

+1 point for leading a lap
+1 point for leading the most laps
+1 point for Pole Position

If you are a full-time and registered driver in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Series, you will not be eligible for points towards the Drivers' Championship.
At the end of the ten race season, the driver with the highest point total will be crowned our GTP NASCAR Nationwide Champion for this inaugural season.

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Ownership System

Every driver will be part of a team for the whole season. There are five team owners, determined by the GTP Sprint Cup Series last season's points standings. The five team owners are:

Richard Childress Racing: (CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83)
Joe Gibbs Racing: (M-Stall41)
Rick Ware Racing: (JoeOfTheFire)
Red Bull Racing: (FunkyDucks)
JR Motorsports: (RFLX_Niop)

It is the responsibility of the team owners to fill the seats on their team with full-time drivers, in order to compete for the season-long Team Owner's Championship. The available cars for each team are:

Richard Childress Racing - #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing - #11, #18, #20
Rick Ware Racing - #43, #99
Red Bull Racing - #83, #83
JR Motorsports - #14, #42

That gives us 12 cars to choose from five different teams for this season. Dependent on lag and turnouts, we may allow for Red Bull Racing, Rick Ware Racing and JR Motorsports to run a 3rd car.

The top two finishing cars from each team will earn points for their respective team owners. Points for poles and laps led are not accumulated here, only the finishing position points count. The team with the most total points at the end of the season wins the Owner's Championship. Ties will be broken with most total wins, etc.​

I have a question here. Why do we keep running with mechanical damage on light when in the regulations say it is supposed to be off? Just curious. I'm fine with it either way.

I also noticed that on the GVE race... But since I run a lot of series with heavy damages, the difference between light and none isn't a big deal for me. This is why i said nothing on the race day.

I ran in 3 leagues that were heavy damage before I joined this series so it doesn't bother me either way. Its just nice to have uniformity between what the series regulations are supposed to be and what they actually are during a race.

I have a question here. Why do we keep running with mechanical damage on light when in the regulations say it is supposed to be off? Just curious. I'm fine with it either way.

It was originally set to light when the series started, but then was decided against. I'm fairly certain all the races I've hosted have had damage turned off.

This isn't really a big deal, but you have me and Tom's numbers mixed up in the GVE results. Really looking foreward to HSR tomorrow!

This isn't really a big deal, but you have me and Tom's numbers mixed up in the GVE results. Really looking foreward to HSR tomorrow!

I believe what was wrong was fixed in my spreadsheet just now.

Revised standings coming after this race.

Tonight's Schedule.

Lobby Opens normal time. I am host!
Lag test race at HSR at 30 minutes past.
Qualifying opens quarter to.
Race starts normally.

Now, I believe we have to take a parade lap for HSR so another lap is added.

I have upgraded my internet to 100MB with o2 and have successfully port forwarded after an hour of fiddling with it and finally getting it to work.

So, hopefully, connection permitting, we'll be back to just having one host and all settings will be consistent.

Looking forward to this race tonight. Thankfully these cars don't need engine stages or anything of the sort.

In the Suzuki Swifts last night I had a great day including a pole, win and 3rd + fastest lap in both races and it turned out my car was illegal.. 👎

Looking forward to this race tonight. Thankfully these cars don't need engine stages or anything of the sort.

In the Suzuki Swifts last night I had a great day including a pole, win and 3rd + fastest lap in both races and it turned out my car was illegal.. 👎

So am I mate. Realy looking forward to tonight.

My connection is really holding up well with a solid Nat 2 and hig hconecction

Will be racing on my favourite track.:D

Better not DC this time..

Back