GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DC'd :grumpy:

On the bright side I can get the start of the CL final now. 👍

Was running good for 4th IMO.

Not the best race, but a decent result. I think Red Bull has an issue with a certain driver, though…

Thunder Test Session in my room.

5 guys in already.

Some fun races @ Daytona and places.

1472 - 4710 - 9995 - 5395 - 4028

Ignore the Lobby title. :)

Sorry I missed the race. I was sleeping in.

I'll try to get to the race next weekend. No promises, though.

If there's any NW awards, I vote for the battle of 2nd place as the best battle of the season. Completely worn out tires, the lapped car of Mule scrambling it a bit, and going to the edges of the rules. That was some real racing!

MÜLE_9242;7107497
Not the best race, but a decent result. I think Red Bull has an issue with a certain driver, though…

I was trying to get on at my friends house but the internet is not working right, but I just got on.

Very clean race. Unfortunately standings won't be up until after the next race but you all can essentially add up your points for this weekend and work it out for yourselves. The reason being study commitments as my final major exam is on Monday and the tables and checking for lead laps take a long time to do.

Sorry all but very happy with the cleaniness of the race. Apologies to Carbonox for nudging him the tunnel and ruining his battle with TRYNOR, although he did end up second.

Cool fact: With the result of today last weekend, if the 2 worst results are now dropped from everyone, I would actually be tied with Joe at 112 points. Meaning that even if he were eligible for points, it could still get close. ;)

Thinking ahead to S2, I'd like to propose a new Nationwide Team Ownership structure to Drop.

I'm thinking about giving the chance of ownership to drivers who:

- Competed full-time in the Nascar Nationwide S1
- Will compete full-time in the Nascar Sprint Cup S4 or Nascar Nationwide S2.

The opportunities to become owner are in order of the final S1 Championship points.

Of course, this depends on what the big man thinks but I'd like to reward many of you S1 drivers who have driven so many races this year and it doesn't seem right that Sprint Cup has all the privileges when drivers such as Carb have driven more races than them.

This new Ownership system will give owners who have Nationwide experience the opportunity to own a Nationwide team and share setups, strategies with drivers and have first-hand experience of doing it. It also gives a sense of loyalty to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series and even if you are running in the Sprint Cup, your Nationwide races and experience will not go to waste as it were.

Just looking at what you guys think of this. Of course, its totally optional if you wish to become a team owner of a Nationwide team for S2 and the series host, Chqr (myself) cannot be host for obvious reasons.

I'll be there for the next race at HSR to start my GTP NASCAR career. If anybody has an empty spot for Saturday I will be pleased to fill in, just remind me before Saturday, thanks.

Thinking ahead to S2, I'd like to propose a new Nationwide Team Ownership structure to Drop.

I'm thinking about giving the chance of ownership to drivers who:

- Competed full-time in the Nascar Nationwide S1
- Will compete full-time in the Nascar Sprint Cup S4 or Nascar Nationwide S2.

The opportunities to become owner are in order of the final S1 Championship points.

Of course, this depends on what the big man thinks but I'd like to reward many of you S1 drivers who have driven so many races this year and it doesn't seem right that Sprint Cup has all the privileges when drivers such as Carb have driven more races than them.

This new Ownership system will give owners who have Nationwide experience the opportunity to own a Nationwide team and share setups, strategies with drivers and have first-hand experience of doing it. It also gives a sense of loyalty to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series and even if you are running in the Sprint Cup, your Nationwide races and experience will not go to waste as it were.

Just looking at what you guys think of this. Of course, its totally optional if you wish to become a team owner of a Nationwide team for S2 and the series host, Chqr (myself) cannot be host for obvious reasons.

I'm completely open for ideas and discussion here. I originally assumed Sprint Cup owners wouldn't also want to take on the task of owning/operating their respective Nationwide programs. I was completely wrong, and the excitement from the Sprint Cup owners towards running their Nationwide programs was great to see. I feel like it really legitimized the Nationwide Series and put a huge spark into it to start the season.

However, at this juncture in time, we have no idea which drivers will be Sprint Cup owners for Season 4. We also don't know which series most drivers will be participating in for next season. Will the top 5 NW drivers be in NW or SC? Would we want the 12th place NW driver owning a team in NW next season? Would a SC driver that is planning to go to running Nationwide for Season 2 like Crazy_Bassist have a pick before or after the 6th place NW finisher? Will SC owners want to run NW teams or not? Until we have the people in place in their respective divisions for SC S4 (owners and drivers) and NW S2 (registered/interested drivers), I don't think we can realistically answer these questions.

As Drop said really.

As a potential SC Owner next season, I really couldn't tell you if I would want to take the responsibility of owning the NW team as well. It's really to early to tell.

There's a lot of things that need to take shape first.

I love owning a nationwide team. Really, just a single hassle that I brought upon myself.

Speaking of that hassle, expect an announcement today.

MÜLE_9242
I love owning a nationwide team. Really, just a single hassle that I brought upon myself.

Speaking of that hassle, expect an announcement today.

Curious. Spill the beans dude.

A few weeks ago, I told Jakob that if he no-showed a race without first telling me, he would be off the team.

Saturday, he no-showed, and I didn't find out about it until I went into the room to watch. So I had to drive with very limited practice.

So today, I gave him his pink slip. There's someone who may be available as a replacement, but I want to look at all my options before making a decision.

Coutos to you Mule for giving him the opportunity. Looks like he didn't manage to learn his lessons from what I've heard on the grapevine.

MÜLE_9242
A few weeks ago, I told Jakob that if he no-showed a race without first telling me, he would be off the team.

Saturday, he no-showed, and I didn't find out about it until I went into the room to watch. So I had to drive with very limited practice.

So today, I gave him his pink slip. There's someone who may be available as a replacement, but I want to look at all my options before making a decision.

I would offer my services but I'm taken in the #18.

If you need a full time SC driver though I can give you my CV?

This is the first time I see my name on the title of a gtp thread. Much appreciated 👍

I apologise for being slack with previews, reports and standings but all will be resolved this Sunday when I finish my exams this Friday.

Good Luck to everyone who's got them. 👍

Really looking forward to HSR, will be good fun. Oh and the Nascar Thunder test immediately follows it so feel free to tag along to that.

Last edited:
It's been a while since we've had a NW/Cup weekend at the same track, this should be a blast.

I can confirm that TaylorCNascar24 will be in the 3rd Red Bull this Saturday.

Wow!. Its been awhile since I've seen everyone. I'm looking forward to the Thunder series, along with the possibility of having a SC next season. Also I'm sup excited to say this is the last saturday I will have to work. So hopefully you'll me piloting the #11 for the last 3 races..

Back