2017 F1 Pre SeasonFormula 1 

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 386 comments
Reminder :

Barcelona Racetrack record (new layout, 2007)

Lap record during a race : 1’21.670 (Kimi Raikkonen, 2008)
Fastest lap lap : 1’19.954 (Rubens Barrichello, 2009,)

According to Sky Sports the fastest lap ever recorded around the circuit was Fernando Alonso in 2008 at 1:18.483

Williams' day is over after Lance Stroll's spin earlier this morning. Just the remember the money....
I believe It's way too early to bring kids at 18, 19 years old to F1. Not due lack of skills, but I think these guys need to be "mentally" more mature before coming to F1.

According to Sky Sports the fastest lap ever recorded around the circuit was Fernando Alonso in 2008 at 1:18.483

Mines come from F1 fanatic but I see that the time you mentioned was done during winter testing, maybe they didnt look at that. Or maybe it was still the old layout used, Ill try to find some information.

Did I hear one of the web guys say that the teams have access to four engines this year as opposed to five or some such?

Did I hear one of the web guys say that the teams have access to four engines this year as opposed to five or some such?

That's correct, four engines for the season before you're hit with a penalty for changing out components. It's been the plan since the engine rules came out in 2014

At that rate, they will escape any punishment at Australian Grand Prix (but won't finish) and will then receive a grid penalty every session! :lol:

I believe It's way too early to bring kids at 18, 19 years old to F1. Not due lack of skills, but I think these guys need to be "mentally" more mature before coming to F1.

True, that Belgian lad was crap last year, wasn't he?

Lap record during a race : 1’21.670 (Kimi Raikkonen, 2008)
Fastest lap lap : 1’19.954 (Rubens Barrichello, 2009,)

I had the quali times;

The fastest F1 lap there is, I think, Raikkonnen's mid 1:20.xxx in Q1 2008, the fastest quali lap of last year was Hamilton's 1:22.000 and the fastest race lap was Daniil "Something To Prove" Kvyat with a 1:26.943.

Clearly Barichello went somewhat faster in practice... iirc Quali in those days was on full fuel? Those are definitely all new-layout times though... and I still think we'll see 1:17s easily by race day, maybe even a nibble at the 16s?

EDK
I think you are mixing up some countries of origin.

I'd say you were mixing up a country of origin. Both Vandoorne and Verstappen originate from Belgium.

EDK
Verstappen is decidedly Dutch, while Vandoorne is the Belgian.

As you point out, a decision was made to declare Verstappen as Dutch. It's something I've ribbed those darned Dutchies about for some time, clearly in this case the ground was stony. Apologies, mijnheers.

I think the only thing you can take from the pre-season testing sessions, is whether a car's going to be awful.

Looking back at last February's session times the only thing consistent with how the 2016 season panned out, was that McLaren had a stinker of a car. Rosberg and Hamilton only posted the 8th and 12th fastest laps, where as Force India were the 2nd and 5th fastest.
I would say if you follow something like http://ticker.auto-motor-und-sport.de/ and keep track of the entire stint times (race simulations, 2nd week, same time), you do get an idea, because they do those with similar fuel levels. But individual lap times are pointless, due to different grip levels (time of day) and fuel levels, engine settings, etc.

you point out, a decision was made to declare Verstappen as Dutch. It's something I've ribbed those darned Dutchies about for some time, clearly in this case the ground was stony. Apologies, mijnheers.

It's ok, you're getting old as you were around when Belgium seceded from the Netherlands.

:P

Btt: palmer stopped at turn 3 already...

Permanently? I hope so :D

Exactly, people should be more tolerant of someone's national identity. he identifies as Dutch! Deal with it. I think he is a stunning beautiful Dutchman.

He still has to use the Belgian toilets though, iirc.

In other news... this BBC live feed is (reasonably) useful for those looking for updates on-the-move, it runs a lot lighter than some other feeds. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/39047917.

@prisonermonkeys
3e4abd1a-f3ba-40b4-863f-215835b458b4_800.jpg

Latest Posts

Back