Autodromo Monza endurance 20/1 - Super cars

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 59 comments

Jawehawk

Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Yohansen_92
Get ready for an intense 30 lap high speed race with some of the fastest super cars on the market.

Info: The race will be held on janurary the 20th. The lobby will be opened at 18.30 GMT, and the race will begin at 19.30 GMT. Damage and tire/fuel wear will be set to max, however rain will be OFF. The event is expected to be aproximately 2 hours long. Should you wish to participate in the event, you have to sign up in this thread, or by PM to me. Furthermore you have to attend at least one practice session, in order to prove yourself capable of driving clean and fair. There will be plenty of practice sessions of join.

If you sign up, I expect you to be commited. Should something prevent you from joining, you need to PM me as soon as possible. Furthermore, I expect participants to stay up to date on rules, and to not quit the race under any circumstances.

Restrictions:

This event is exclusive to super cars hovering between 550-570PP. We're still testing cars, but so far the list of cars that are allowed are as follows.

- Ferrari 458 Italia '09
- Mercedes SLS AMG '10
- Ford GT '06
- McLaren MP4-12C '10
- Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6

- Lexus LFA

All cars are to remain completely stock, with oil change being the only modification allowed. All aids except ABS are disabled. Those who choose not to use ABS, are allowed to change brake bias. Participants are allowed to choose freely between all Sports tires.

Participants:

GTP/PSN nick: Jawehawk/Andy-Macnab

GTP/PSN nick: m8h3r/m8h3r

GTP/PSN nick: MattieM/MattieM

GTP/PSN nick: John Wells/John Wells

GTP/PSN nick: tuner307/tuner307

GTP/PSN nick: cobrius/cobrius

GTP/PSN nick: EliteDreamer/daibaspeed

GTP/PSN nick: RIP_Welsh_Don/GTP_Welsh-Bain

Last edited:
You can defiantly count me in for this one. Great deal of fun with the last endurance race, now to pick the car.....

I will join this one too. Most of the races i participate in on line are these sort of races. I might have joined your other enduro as well, but it's the no ABS restriction which keeps me preventing to join that one.

I will join this one too. Most of the races i participate in on line are these sort of races. I might have joined your other enduro as well, but it's the no ABS restriction which keeps me preventing to join that one.

Good to hear mate. But seriously, you don't need ABS for the RM Golf. Try it out for yourself and see. FF cars usually don't spin out from heavy braking, and you can just turn the brakes slightly down if you experience any problems. I'm telling ya, you don't need 'em :).

Good to hear mate. But seriously, you don't need ABS for the RM Golf. Try it out for yourself and see. FF cars usually don't spin out from heavy braking, and you can just turn the brakes slightly down if you experience any problems. I'm telling ya, you don't need 'em :).

I'm not concerned about losing control of the car, it's the tyre wear that worries me. But i'll try it and see how it goes.

Would love to join this race as well, the racing last time out was fair and yet competitive. Still have to think about which car to use though.

Are we doing any practice, or are we leaving it till the online problems are fixed??

I'm just about to go on and have a quick practise online. Give me a couple of minutes to open up the room and I will post the room number up in this post as an edit.

Rooms up: 1472-6681-3415-7078-3055

Thanks to the GTP admins, I haven't been able to update the thread since last saturday, hence the complete lack of practice sessions.

I'll be hosting a practice session tommorow at 13.00 GMT. Hope to see some of you there.
btw. What is this online bug people are talking about?

Last edited:
I think I'll join in. Though, wait a few days as to my 'official' sign-up as the race is on Friday, is an iffy day. But surely, I could make the time and everything. Just gotta go over some things here. I'll also see if I can jump in your practice room tomorrow. :)

Thanks to the GTP admins, I haven't been able to update the thread since last saturday, hence the complete lack of practice sessions.

I'll be hosting a practice session tommorow at 14.00 GMT. Hope to see some of you there.
btw. What is this online bug people are talking about?

Yay!! Jawehawks back :)

Ill be happy to join in on the practise session tomorrow, need to do some practise considering it is next friday.

Yay!! Jawehawks back :)

Ill be happy to join in on the practise session tomorrow, need to do some practise considering it is next friday.

Good to hear :).

I've been doing a fair amount of practising by my self, and with MattieM. I haven't been able to match his best time of 1.54(best I know off), though I can do consistant laps of 1.58/59. I don't think I'll ever get below 1.57, as there's little or no more time to gain from the corners. I'm loosing a good amount of time when braking for turns, as I drive without ABS. I think I've come up with a decent driving technique that should make the tires last at least as long as everyone else.

Time for practise session tommrow has been changed to 13.00 GMT.

Last edited:
Good to hear :).

I've been doing a fair amount of practising by my self, and with MattieM. I haven't been able to match his best time of 1.54(best I know off), though I can do consistant laps of 1.58/59. I don't think I'll ever get below 1.57, as there's little or no more time to gain from the corners. I'm loosing a good amount of time when braking for turns, as I drive without ABS. I think I've come up with a decent driving technique that should make the tires last at least as long as everyone else.

Time for practise session tommrow has been changed to 13.00 GMT.

I dont think the R8 will be good enough to be entered in this race. I did about 7 laps pushing as hard as i could and could only manage a 1.58, I then changed to a MP4-12c and did a 1.56.5 straight of the bat.

I dont think the R8 will be good enough to be entered in this race. I did about 7 laps pushing as hard as i could and could only manage a 1.58, I then changed to a MP4-12c and did a 1.56.5 straight of the bat.

It's not the fastest, but it might perform very well in terms of tire wear. It's also one of the easiest cars to drive.

Not an awful lot joined todays practice session, but we managed to get a few races in. I'll host again on monday and wednsday at 18.00 GMT.

Will the Aventador and/or V12 Vantage be included? 💡

Well I can't answer that until I've had a chance to try them out, now can I :D. Can't friggin wait. You joining in on the practice session wednsday?

Opening room now.

After a little bit of practising, I've come to the conclusion that the Lamborghini Aventador is too good to participate. It's just so damn stable. The Aston Vantage doesn't have the power to compete.
However, Cobrius have tested the LFA, and it has been added to the line up.

There might be another practice session tommorow, should anyone be interested in such a thing.

Last edited:
GTP/PSN nick: EliteDreamer/daibaspeed

Do I need to send a friend request ? Or do I just wait for a room number?

Also, will the Aventador and/or V12 Vantage be added? I really want to drive that Vantage. :D

Back