Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,665 comments
The unfortunate thing is that this list only features old cars. If this list is true, where are the race cars, super cars and modern cars from the last few seasons? The game could be called Old Turismo, The Real Vintage Collector Simulator.
We don’t know if the list is accurate or comprehensive. Current cars could still be subject to licensing negotiations. I’m sure there’s at least one current Toyota or Porsche coming due to the marketing deal.

Why? The MP4/4 came to Forza Motorsport, no reason why it can't make it to Gran Turismo. They already hold the McLaren license so, wouldn't be too difficult to imagine.

Because it’s a random one off for McLaren F1 cars under a different license that PD probably doesn’t have,

Secondly previous data mines of GT games have not had such a comprehensive list of unreleased cars, actually not even half the amount of this list,

Thirdly, out of all the dataminers out there this seems to be the only source of this list, "I was just told on the fly in a friend's Discord server." is not enough to get excited about.

Last edited:
Because it’s a random one off for McLaren F1 cars under a different license that PD probably doesn’t have,

Secondly previous data mines of GT games have not had such a comprehensive list of unreleased cars, actually not even half the amount of this list,

Thirdly, out of all the dataminers out there this seems to be the only source of this list, "I was just told on the fly in a friend's Discord server." is not enough to get excited about.

The list is legit. That is, if you choose to believe Nenkai who actually is a dataminer and knows where it originated:

But I won't stop you if you choose to continue not to believe in it. The only way to know for sure is with time.

Call it "Kaz's Prophecy" if you will. lol

Well, if it wasn't, they wouldn't have said it's up to PD as well as calling out the YouTuber (HSG Automotive, btw) for watermarking it as their own.

So at the very least, it's an implication that it's real... -shrug-
I'm not sure if @AlexWilmot is questioning it as confirmation that the cars will appear as opposed to the validity that it's datamined from GT7.

I agree with you regarding the source, there's no reason to doubt it's legit and the work that @Nenkai and others are doing with datamining Gran Turismo titles and modding them is absolutely fantastic. Though I still need to buy myself a new PS3 so I can get modding GT6 myself. But back to the list, the fact it's legitimately from GT7's files doesn't mean these cars will be appearing in GT7, it could just as well be legacy data.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if @AlexWilmot is questioning it as confirmation that the cars will appear as opposed to the validity that it's datamined from GT7.

I agree with you regarding the source, there's no reason to doubt it's legit and the work that @Nenkai and others are doing with datamining Gran Turismo titles and modding them is absolutely fantastic. Though I still need to buy myself a new PS3 so I can get modding GT6 myself. But back to the list, the fact it's legiticamtely from GT7's files doesn't mean these cars will be appearing in GT7, it could just as well be legacy data.
Yes, I've already repeated that myself both here and on Twitter, that it's not a guarantee.

Again, only time will tell if "Kaz's Prophecy" will come true. And yes, I made up that term in reference to the Nvidia leak that some people are calling "Jensen's Prophecy." lol

That photo was taken at Tokyo Motor Show '99.

There are no other photos of the car in the last 20+ years so it's either sat hidden away somewhere or doesn't exist any more.
The '93 Cultus, however, is alive and well:

It would be a nice tribute to have it as a replacement.

cultus-pikes-peak.jpg

Last edited:
The unfortunate thing is that this list only features old cars. If this list is true, where are the race cars, super cars and modern cars from the last few seasons? The game could be called Old Turismo, The Real Vintage Collector Simulator.

I think that any newer car, especially something not released, would probably never have any data that can leak available until its added.

So little excitement about 3 other classics in the list?
Maserati Merak SS, finally a vintage Maserati, surprisingly not the stronger Bora, although I was hoping even more for their succesfull 250F
maserati-marak-ss-02-659b93c5.jpg

Porsche 904 Carrera GTS (this will be one for the Hagerty shop :boggled:)
bd7e23f203a3d8d100c0072ebd3316bc236a065f.jpg

Skyline Supersilhouette, which will hopefully get the company of more Group 5 and IMSA GTO rockets!
e5f197d2-4c61-403f-b759-a7c29ea53755.jpeg

Agreed, I’d rather modern race cars too. Ones that will actually get used in Sport Mode.

Taking this with a grain of salt. I highly doubt over half of these cars will even make it to the game, but we will see. The Alphard alone convinces me that this is likely fake.

Last edited:
Someone said a while back that the car doesn't exist any more, and they seem to be right, but I think there should be enough reference material for PD to create it fairly accurately. They have whatever data they still have from GT6, which looked solid enough in terms of the shape/mesh. Just needed re-building with more polygons and generally improving. Then there is a fair bit of reference imagery of the real thing to get the finer details right, including interior shots. They wouldn't have to get it totally accurate, if the real thing doesn't exist it only needs to look accurate to the best reference images. Plus who knows what Suzuki themselves could provide.

suzuki_v6_escudo_pikes_peak_special__98_by_gt6_garage_d70lvn7-fullview.jpg
PD could possibly still make this car even if the exact trim no longer exists as apparently the R34 GT500 we have ingame no longer exists IRL. Though I imagine Nissan gave PD a ton of reference images to work with, Suzuki would more than likely do the same.

Taking this with a grain of salt. I highly doubt over half of these cars will even make it to the game, but we will see. The Alphard alone convinces me that this is likely fake.
The list itself isn't fake, it's a list of car names pulled out of GT7's files. However, it should not be taken as evidence that all or any of these cars will be appearing in GT7.

It's quite common for there to be legacy files from earlier games/builds that were just never removed, files created for content that could have possibly appeared at one point in this game or previous games development that were never removed or files associated with assets used purely during testing that were not fully removed.

GT2 for example had a lot (and i mean a lot) of GT300 and GT500 cars that never made it into the game including Porsche's, Ferrari's etc. that exist in the games code as just file names. GT3 had a Porchse that you could actually drive using hacks as well as several cars that existed only as file names and it's a similar story for other titles.

So the list itself is legit, but what it means for content coming to GT7 is not very much.

Last edited:
These in-game cars names don't mean cars coming in the game. In the history of Gran Turismo, we saw a lot of it, the infamous Porsche in GT3 or 4, or Lotus in GTS (license issue).

• In this case, Lotus and Volvo will not appaear in GT7, due to license issue.
  • I also have a big doubt concerning the Escudo Pikes Peak. Nobody really knows where the car is today, we have some other Escudo versions travelling in some museums, but not the red one. Not easy to scan a ghost.

PD could possibly still make this car even if the exact trim no longer exists as apparently the R34 GT500 we have ingame no longer exists IRL. Though I imagine Nissan gave PD a ton of reference images to work with, Suzuki would more than likely do the same.
To be fair, in the case of the Pennzoil R34 GTR, they could easily scan any GTR GT500 out there from 1999 and just change the livery digitally. In fact, Polyphony would've likely just scanned the "Pennzoil GTR" that we often seen at Nismo Festival, which apparently believed to be a resprayed Calsonic R34 GTR.

64944054_1335299299958822_8445898740560035840_n.jpg
Nissan_PENNZOIL_Nismo_GT-R_'99_(GT7).jpg

Of course, they could still recreate the Pikes Peak car if Suzuki provided them with CAD files and reference photos just like what they did with that old Isuzu concept car. Just that it might not be that "easy"

Last edited:
Like I said, the old tarted up standard model is pretty solid. Nothing about it looks out of proportion, it could easily have been used as a base for a new, high detail model. The rest can be achieved from photos and anything Suzuki can provide. It won't be 100% accurate to the original but if the original doesn't exist, nobody can say it's wrong. As long as it matches all the reference images we've got, it's fine.

Last edited:
Now you mentioned that, there's no mention of the Gr.3 variant of the Suzuki VGT. I am convinced that could an unleaked car though.
It isn't a list of cars planned to come to GT7, it's just a list of file names of cars found within GT7. The two are not one and the same, hence the reason the few cars we knew were coming are not on that list.

Ok, so just a list of cars and no promise of whatever. But regarding this list, what about a poll, which of them we all would love to see ingame the most? Is it possible to create an poll with 85+ options?

The MP4/4 doesn’t explicitly state McLaren. So it could be a Formula Gran Turismo based on this model. In previous GT’s all of the FGT’s where based on real cars. I’m fairly certain the current FGT turbo car is also a reworking of the ‘85/‘86 Lotus after they lost the license.

Does anyone have the name data for the existing FGT? Could give some clues.

lol actually its weird there is only Alphard and no other modern japanese MPV, compact, sedan etc. it does make list less believable. maybe they got confused and put 190E, Sierra, Evo8, LFA and so on lol

lol actually its weird there is only Alphard and no other modern japanese MPV, compact, sedan etc. it does make list less believable. maybe they got confused and put 190E, Sierra, Evo8, LFA and so on lol
It's not unusual for GT to include very few, or just one model of a whole category as a novelty. The Honda Element in GT4 had essentially no contemporaries, GT6's Range Rover Evoque is the only Premium SUV they've yet introduced, and the Daihatsu Midget is the only Keitora they've ever featured, no Subaru Sambar in sight. I can see the Alphard being added as an everyday oddity wildcard just like the Toyota Crown was.

Back