FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

PMs with your draft order has now been sent to the current 11 tuners. I just made half of you very happy and the other half :grumpy:

I have given tuner 1 until Sept 12 to make their selection. If they choose to submit early, we can move on to #2 if ready, then #3 if ready, etc.

Remember, do not post your selection on the site. Just PM it to me.

Ok Hami , i just don't see written anywhere about how many cars we can choose and send you back by PM as a wish list ??

Hello all

Can I be a tuna :D
Look like it will be the most FUN shootout from FITT . Very good Sir Hami 👍

ND

Last edited:
@NEWDRIVER2 - added. I will send you a PM.

@all tuners - Tuner 1 has made their selection. Updated in post #2. The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08 is now selected and not available to any other tuners.

@NEWDRIVER2 - added. I will send you a PM.

@all tuners - Tuner 1 has made their selection. Updated in post #2. The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08 is now selected and not available to any other tuners.
Each tuner will only enter one car. Sending a wish list to me is ok. I will be listing what cars have been selected here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...11#post8785111 but without tuner name listed.

Tuner 1 picked - Aston Martin xxx

I will also send you a PM when it is your turn to select.

not understand

Each tuner will only enter one car. Sending a wish list to me is ok. I will be listing what cars have been selected here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...11#post8785111 but without tuner name listed.

Tuner 1 picked - Aston Martin xxx

I will also send you a PM when it is your turn to select.

not understand

Tuner 1 picked Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08. This car becomes not available for you to pick. I sent PM to tuner #2. Waiting for tuner #2 pick.

Tuner #2 has made their draft selection. The two cars listed below are now taken. No other tuners can select these cars.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe ’07
Tuner 3
Tuner 4
Tuner 5
Tuner 6
Tuner 7
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12

Tuner #3 has made their draft selection. The cars listed below are now taken. No other tuners can select these cars.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 3 - Viper GTS ’02 or Viper GTS ’99
Tuner 4
Tuner 5
Tuner 6
Tuner 7
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12

Mainscreen1.jpg

Why not edit the first post with a strikethrough of the cars that are taken so we know which ones are left?

Tuner 4 has selected.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6 (C6) '06 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’04 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’00
Tuner 5
Tuner 6
Tuner 7
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12

Blame it on the cars...it's never the driver!:lol: I've tested all of the cars on the list for track time references and they all had pros and cons. Some handled like dumptrucks and couldn't take even the simple turns, but made up for it in other areas.

Blame it on the cars...it's never the driver!:lol: I've tested all of the cars on the list for track time references and they all had pros and cons. Some handled like dumptrucks and couldn't take even the simple turns, but made up for it in other areas.

I tested about 20 cars and have 15 of them within tenths of each other. This should be a close shootout.

I can't figure out whether I have a setup problem or if it's just me trying and failing to nail the corners.

Just a suggestion. In past tuning competitions where we had a track that I hate (Nurburgring) I did most of my tuning on a track with similar characteristics (like Trial Mt.) then did a few final runs on the event track. Grand Valley East Reverse has some similar characteristics to Rome.

Rome has a few tricky areas, but the track has such a nice flow and rhythm. 1. I like the first sweeping right hand double corner. Your car needs to make time through that section to get a good lap.
2. The next tricky bit is the super slow, 2nd gear right hand corner. I brake early, right at the curbing on the left. Back to the throttle before the apex is really important. Most people will way overshoot this corner and kill their lap time. The
3. Probably the most difficult corner on the track is the down hill slight left then right at the end of that next straight. When I do it wrong: Touching the curbing on the left in any way seems to upset the car just enough to make things go bad for the right hander. Also, too high of an entry speed and I just slide right into the wall on the left side at exit. When I do it right: The trick is to get the braking done early, in a straight line, without touching the curbing on the left. I do clip the inside curbing, but If I've done everything correctly to this point, the car can rotate before the curb, then I just power through it.
4. The last important section are the last double left/double right corners. You can't drift wide on entry to the first left or you're sunk. Your car needs to turn in well there with lots of speed. The first corner and the last corner in this string of four are the most important. Don't miss the apex on the first left and don't overshoot the apex in the last right.

Tuner 5 has made their selection.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6 (C6) '06 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’04 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’00
Tuner 5 - Mercedes C63 AMG ’08
Tuner 6
Tuner 7
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12

I tested about 20 cars and have 15 of them within tenths of each other. This should be a close shootout.

It will be a good shootout with your choice of cars...just hoping I can keep up. Your notes and braking points are exactly what I use for this track, even the detail about the curbs on the backstretch left and right hander. One of these days, we gotta get in the same race.👍

Rome is a wondefull track. You've explained very well the tricky places. I'm sure that all the cars even the "not so good or a bit unstable" will perform very well due to the 500PP over the Sport soft tires.
The first Rome in GT2 also was fantastic, i remember a licence test with the Alfa Touring car , i hope to see it again in the future game... Who know .

Just a suggestion. In past tuning competitions where we had a track that I hate (Nurburgring) I did most of my tuning on a track with similar characteristics (like Trial Mt.) then did a few final runs on the event track. Grand Valley East Reverse has some similar characteristics to Rome.

I've been running back to back sessions on GVS and Rome and I'm mostly happy with how it handles on GVS... I don't know Rome all that well though. Think I have the most of it down, just that last double right hander. Gonna go crazy if I have to run that section a few more times. :crazy:

Last edited:
Just got your PMs Hami, sorry, I've been off the grid for a while. I'm more than happy to test drive. Most of my favourite tuners are there, so it won't be a hardship 👍

{Cy}

Thank you kindly, Sir. I've no preference over cars, but if you could arrange for it to not be the Premium XKR Jag (already submitted one of those for Despy's Tonnes of Fun Shootout) that'd be cool 👍

{Cy}

Tuner #6 has made their draft choice. Tuner #7 is up.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 6 - Camaro SS ’10
Tuner 7
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12
Tuner 13

Tuner 7 has selected. Time for tuner 8. Send me a PM.

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 6 - Camaro SS ’10
Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08 or BMW M5 '05
Tuner 8
Tuner 9
Tuner 10
Tuner 11
Tuner 12
Tuner 13

Hi guys! I'd like to be a test driver if it's OK.

Also (at least) for future events I propose that additionally to the current "unknown tuner" system, a tuner should not test drive. ;)

Hi guys! I'd like to be a test driver if it's OK.

Also (at least) for future events I propose that additionally to the current "unknown tuner" system, a tuner should not test drive. ;)

I will add you as a tester.

We would love to have enough test drivers to run these competitions without asking any of the tuners to do it. There just aren't enough people out there willing to test drive 13 vehicles for 5 to 10 laps each. We need help recruiting people like that.

Thanks for signing up.

OK, thank you! And for this too 👍 :

Rome has a few tricky areas, but the track has such a nice flow and rhythm.

1. I like the first sweeping right hand double corner. Your car needs to make time through that section to get a good lap.

2. The next tricky bit is the super slow, 2nd gear right hand corner. I brake early, right at the curbing on the left. Back to the throttle before the apex is really important. Most people will way overshoot this corner and kill their lap time. The

3. Probably the most difficult corner on the track is the down hill slight left then right at the end of that next straight.
When I do it wrong: Touching the curbing on the left in any way seems to upset the car just enough to make things go bad for the right hander. Also, too high of an entry speed and I just slide right into the wall on the left side at exit.
When I do it right: The trick is to get the braking done early, in a straight line, without touching the curbing on the left. I do clip the inside curbing, but If I've done everything correctly to this point, the car can rotate before the curb, then I just power through it.

4. The last important section are the last double left/double right corners. You can't drift wide on entry to the first left or you're sunk. Your car needs to turn in well there with lots of speed. The first corner and the last corner in this string of four are the most important. Don't miss the apex on the first left and don't overshoot the apex in the last right.

And this should be updated ;) :

Car Sharing:
All Tuners are responsible for placing their car on share as written up in their tune, or making arrangements with one of the F.I.T.T. car hosts to place it on share. Friend requests are the responsibility of the tuners.

Back