Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I mean as I said when it comes to the past games in the series (i've played 5, 6, and Sport) the main draw for me has been progressing through all the different races and series. Getting all the cars and all never really mattered to me. I understand that for people who DO care about that this is a big issue. I'm just saying for me personally it doesn't seem like one.
Thing to note about 7 is that there is a bigger emphasis on car collecting now. In fact the whole campaign, or menu books as they're called, is about collecting cars. There is even a collection book in the game, so if one wants to 100 percent this game they're most likely at some point going to need to get all 424 cars.

I wonder how you get 2million credits per hour in Sport? My biggest payout was 405k for 22 minutes.
I'm just interested to know.
The three quickest earners in Sport were an "easy" method that would earn you 375k every 11'40 (a bit less if you powered through the menus and had a PS5), running Blue Moon Bay in Premium Sports Lounge with an N300 car, and two harder ones due to the sensitivity of the track limits and the Clean Race Bonus at Circuit de la Sarthe, in the X2019 Championship and in Nostalgic 1979. Though you also needed a 15m credit car to win that second one.

@Samus, while I "like" your post, Gran Turismo has always altered its DNA over the course of its lifetime. Supposedly, every GT since 4 has signed its own death warrant.

So, for someone like me, what are the alternatives?
  • Forza - err... no, I've had my fill, thank you
  • Assetto Corsa - it's very cool, but Kunos has my ire for its own car and track add-ons which really don't offer much, haven't even bothered to play it versus Fallout 4, No Man's Sky and GT Sport
  • RaceRoom - that's another winner, which I've sunk a wad of cash into, but getting the PC set up for it when I can have a blast playing GT7 - sorry, Sport right now, yeah... why not just play a prettier game with similar-ish physics, AND a livery editor?
  • rFactor 2, Automodelista - ohh... why not just give R3E and AC some more cash instead?
  • iRenting - no, just no. And you people complain about microtransactions??
So, what's a racing fan to do? Sorry to only shower on the picnic lightly, but gotta be honest.

Last edited:
Boy do I have bad news for you. GT7 currently has less racing events than GT Sport did at the end of its life.
Yikes. That's not good.

And that brings me to another point. Honestly the thing that frustrates me more about not just this game but other recent ones is all the updates. Just because I feel like if you're buying a GT game, all the cars, tracks, etc. should already be there. You shouldn't have to wait months after getting it.

Last edited:
Imagine if it somehow deleted ALL saves? PD would be doomed 😧
This is what I fear too.. but I just wanted to stay with only some save files.. not all.
Additionaly reducing the payouts..
The game would be dead immediately for a lot of users.. including me

Pretty discussed with this game and this update is actually a downdate. So pissed I don't even want to play it right now. Epic BS. If I could get my money back I would. I wish Forza was available on PlayStation. Im sure to prevent players from staying on Sport they will shut the servers down as fast as they can like they did with GT5 and GT6. Very disappointed.

I bet my left butt cheek that it's the outrage due to the new race "payouts".

I'm pretty sure PD's doing damage control.

And it has nothing to do with the earthquake.
I don't think it was up and running long enough for PD to need to do any damage control, and the likelihood of an earthquake upsetting millions of dollars of sensitive servers and affecting the lives of the people that work for PD has a much higher probability of being the issue.

There are real people affected by this quake today, so lets not downplay that to be butthurt about game updates.

I'm actually now curious what issue they found that it forced the servers to be shut down for so many hours.

Maybe the bug removed the microtransactions? 🤣
Their system detected potential fun in the latest patch, and had to shut it down. ;)

Seriously though, another post here mentioned that some players had their progress corrupted in the update to 1.06; if that's true, I'm guessing it's more of the same - and possibly on a much wider level.

It wouldn't be so much of an issue if they gave players the ability to backup and restore their data, or even a way to reset their progress. Outlandish, I know.

I bet my left butt cheek that it's the outrage due to the new race "payouts".

I'm pretty sure PD's doing damage control.

And it has nothing to do with the earthquake.
You very well may be right but I have a hard time believing that PD would react that quickly.

TBH, I don't think PD ever expected anyone to go for the mult-million dollar cars as soon as possible. Just seems like a ridiculously unrealistic goal to hit right out the gate.
What? Beceause the Legendary Car dealership isn't a thing and hasn't only had...what? Two cars that were less than 1 million credits? And they've had stuff like the F40 and F50...and the Porsche GT1....

If that were the case (regarding the earthquake) they would’ve made a statement about it. The only thing we have is Kaz tweeting gomennasai.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not bothered about mt's because I'd never buy them anyway and the lesser credits sucks but hey people power will probably get that reverted(maybe) , all I'm miffed about is it is still down.

By the way, does anybody have a list of the full credit changes?
I believe this post has them.

I don't think it was up and running long enough for PD to need to do any damage control
The list of the new payouts was.
and the likelihood of an earthquake upsetting millions of dollars of sensitive servers and affecting the lives of the people that work for PD has a much higher probability of being the issue.

There are real people affected by this quake today, so lets not downplay that to be butthurt about game updates.
Kaz himself wrote everything was ok at the headquarters.

So happy I am currently playing a racing game that has all content available offline, has a good economy system, great AI, variation and is actually fun. Of course it can't match GT7 graphics but hey at least I can play the game.

Last edited:
I don't think it was up and running long enough for PD to need to do any damage control, and the likelihood of an earthquake upsetting millions of dollars of sensitive servers and affecting the lives of the people that work for PD has a much higher probability of being the issue.

But don’t you think they would’ve mentioned the earthquake though? All we have to go on is Kaz saying sorry.

I believe if that was the case, they would have said so and most of us would understand.

Latest Posts

Back