GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

I used it for the BOP Radical time trial a couple of months back. There was a thing about shifting from 4th straight upto 6th on the straight and I wanted to see if it was correct. Turns out it was correct as the gearing was very short from 5th to 6th so it made more sense to shift up early… the Tractive force graph showed this accurately.

Last edited:
Hello, unless I'm mistaken, there is a bug on the new 2.6 calculator. I haven't tested on other cars but there is a problem with the gearbox of the R32 '94. I indicated 5 reports but in the graph I see only 4 reports. The figures indicated in the gearbox ratio are completely fanciful. I wanted to give you feedback so you could correct it. If that's a misuse on my part, I'm sorry.

Hello, unless I'm mistaken, there is a bug on the new 2.6 calculator. I haven't tested on other cars but there is a problem with the gearbox of the R32 '94. I indicated 5 reports but in the graph I see only 4 reports. The figures indicated in the gearbox ratio are completely fanciful. I wanted to give you feedback so you could correct it. If that's a misuse on my part, I'm sorry.
Thank you. I will check it out, could you send me some screenshots please.

Is this the lite or expert version?
As agreed, here are screenshots. The first two photos are from the Lite version, they show that I indicated 280 kms/h, but in the graph there are only 4 reports. When I look at the numbers, I think the 5th report is very far to the right, outside the graph. The other photos are from the expert version. I have all 5 reports, but the numbers are inconsistent. Thank you.

Attachments

• Lite (1).png
    Lite (1).png
    19.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Lite (2).png
    Lite (2).png
    24.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Expert.jpg
    Expert.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Expert.png
    Expert.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Expert (1).png
    Expert (1).png
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Expert (2).png
    Expert (2).png
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
As agreed, here are screenshots. The first two photos are from the Lite version, they show that I indicated 280 kms/h, but in the graph there are only 4 reports. When I look at the numbers, I think the 5th report is very far to the right, outside the graph. The other photos are from the expert version. I have all 5 reports, but the numbers are inconsistent. Thank you.
Try this:

Go down to the table below the graphs and double click on where it says Torque then hit enter. Then recalculate, this should fix this issue.

Unfortunately, this does not work. When I have time, I'll try to test with another car, maybe it's me not doing it right.
If this is the newest version, you need to input the first sheet Tyre Size Calculator first, then take the correct tyre size and put that into the calculator. Sorry for the confusion.

I’m not sure if it is just me, however i have noticed with the latest version that tightening or loosening the diff, or changing the torque bias doesn’t change the values for the Differential

Attachments

• IMG_1009.png
    IMG_1009.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1008.png
    IMG_1008.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1007.png
    IMG_1007.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 17
I’m not sure if it is just me, however i have noticed with the latest version that tightening or loosening the diff, or changing the torque bias doesn’t change the values for the Differential
Have you tried to recalculate? The gearing looks a tad off…

Last edited:
It is the lite version - don't see a recalculate option - this was the Willys and gears worked ok (the ratios); however graph was messed up for every car. Just tried on laptop and Excel appears ok, deleted and loaded on iPad again and the problem appears solved. Will see how it goes for my next tune tomorrow.

It is the lite version - don't see a recalculate option - this was the Willys and gears worked ok (the ratios); however graph was messed up for every car. Just tried on laptop and Excel appears ok, deleted and loaded on iPad again and the problem appears solved. Will see how it goes for my next tune tomorrow.
Oh okay very odd indeed

Bit of an update, I am trying to get the new excel sheet done as soon as possible. However changing it so that it saves setups to a new workbook is a lot more complicated than I expected. At the moment it just doesn’t work. Even Chat GPT is no help! Lol

Peut-être vouloir trop améliorer, cela fait plus de mal que de bien. Personnellement, une version plus simple mais qui fonctionne bien tout le temps me semble plus utile, lol

It appears that changing the speed units from mph to kmh messes the rpm / speed graph on the lite version. Aso the "Trye Size" tab doesn't have a drop down to change the units. need to type "kmh"
Ahh okay, the second issue must be causing the first issue. I’ll get this rejigged.

Ahh okay, the second issue must be causing the first issue. I’ll get this rejigged.

It’s done! ready for download.

New lite version with kmh selector working now.
New expert version with save and load setups working all saved setups will be stored in a separate excel sheet which will be saved to your computer in the same place as the calculator. Make sure you don’t delete it or move it. Keep them both together.

Just wanted to leave a quick comment to say thanks, I've been trying this recently and have found it really helpful for suspension tuning, it gives me a strong basis from which I can tweak/experiment to get the car where I want it, and this is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about tuning. It's nice to feel like I am making my own tunes rather than just copying someone else's, even if the calculator is doing a lot of heavy lifting!

Must admit that I've not really figured out the gearing part though. Often it seems to suggest ratios that are impossible and I'm not sure what to do with them, so I leave it.

Just wanted to leave a quick comment to say thanks, I've been trying this recently and have found it really helpful for suspension tuning, it gives me a strong basis from which I can tweak/experiment to get the car where I want it, and this is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about tuning. It's nice to feel like I am making my own tunes rather than just copying someone else's, even if the calculator is doing a lot of heavy lifting!

Must admit that I've not really figured out the gearing part though. Often it seems to suggest ratios that are impossible and I'm not sure what to do with them, so I leave it.
Thank you for the feedback. This is what the calculator is all about, it’s a tool to help people understand the basics of setting their car up.

What havn’t you been able to figure out on the gearing? I am always here to assist.

Thank you for the feedback. This is what the calculator is all about, it’s a tool to help people understand the basics of setting their car up.

What havn’t you been able to figure out on the gearing? I am always here to assist.
With gearing it's simply that when I follow the steps and hit calculate, in most cases I get ratios that aren't possible to match (i.e. the number is too high / low for the slider in the game). This is with final drive set to calc, I'm sure it's to do with my inputs but I don't know what to adjust. I don't have any recent examples for you I'm afraid because I decided to focus on suspension given the (minor) faff of uploading ECU screenshots. Maybe I'll try again later so that I can be more specific, though if you have any general advice then that would also be appreciated.

Agree its super helpful for a novice like me who doesn't have the time, energy, inclination to learn how everything interacts.

If I'm honest, the only thing my slight ocd still overthinks is downforce imputs. Ie should I leave as default or add more wings, stuff and how far should I increase it with those extra parts.

But I assume its difficult to get the calc to make recommendations for various reasons?

With gearing it's simply that when I follow the steps and hit calculate, in most cases I get ratios that aren't possible to match (i.e. the number is too high / low for the slider in the game). This is with final drive set to calc, I'm sure it's to do with my inputs but I don't know what to adjust. I don't have any recent examples for you I'm afraid because I decided to focus on suspension given the (minor) faff of uploading ECU screenshots. Maybe I'll try again later so that I can be more specific, though if you have any general advice then that would also be appreciated.

I have noticed that sometimes you have to calculate a couple of times before it gives you the correct numbers. I need to look at it really.

If do the steps then after the first calculate, double click the torque cell and hit enter. Then calculate again. It should give you correct numbers.

B80
Agree its super helpful for a novice like me who doesn't have the time, energy, inclination to learn how everything interacts.

If I'm honest, the only thing my slight ocd still overthinks is downforce imputs. Ie should I leave as default or add more wings, stuff and how far should I increase it with those extra parts.

But I assume its difficult to get the calc to make recommendations for various reasons?

I have been working on a downforce calculation actually. Still work in progress though. I have also put a new feature in which will be for damper adjustment. This works really well!

I have been working on a downforce calculation actually. Still work in progress though. I have also put a new feature in which will be for damper adjustment. This works really well!

Superb mate, that will put my mind at ease :D

Thanks for doing all this stuff with the app/xls.

Would definitely be good to have both user input and calculated values as separate options for downforce. Like what's been done with the final drive in the calculator.

Back