GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
I saw you lag once Matty but that's it.
Also watching the replay, there is just no one to blame for the Hendrick wreck. After watching the replay, Mule and Spurgy tangled a bit, then tapped into Knelly, then Knelly tapped into me and in my best efforts to not get knocked off my line, got back into Knelly, who then got back into Matty and than Matty got knocked back into Knelly, and then Knelly got into Niop's rear and the rest was history. I know it seems complicated:dunce: but just watch the replay, lap 82 I believe.

Anyway: with one final race remaining, I believe it is time we look back to around Page 15 and see our predictions. When I took a look, no one is really even remotely close to having the correct predictions. A lot of people we predicted have quit though.
Here's what I predicted, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7495176#post7495176

Last edited:
Are Carb and Drop racing next week? If so, wild card may be up for grabs, all Akmuq has to do is make sure neither of em win. Also Furi doesn't do Grand Slams so he might be out of the Chase.

Whats complex? Top 2 per team score? (I think)

I know, I'm just saying that me and Matty are having a great season and we are still behind you.. -.-

RedPartyhat
Are Carb and Drop racing next week? If so, wild card may be up for grabs, all Akmuq has to do is make sure neither of em win. Also Furi doesn't do Grand Slams so he might be out of the Chase.

I might have to do this one....

Home Depot 150 Official Results:

1. #83 MattyMc1996(6 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2. #43 MULE_9242(21 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #83 RedPartyHat(Pole Postion, 30 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
4. #11 Mustardaddict(6 laps led) - 14 points, + 1 bonus point
5. #42 Spurgy777(3 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #20 Carbonox - 11 points
7. #43 JoeOfTheFire(2 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #24 Knelly(29 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #88 RFLX_Niop(3 laps led) - 8 points, +1 bonus point
10. #99 D4LVY - 7 points
11. #14 Furinkazen - 6 points
12. #48 Akmuq - 5 points

iK4NS.jpg

An uphill struggle, not impossible.

Well it's not totally impossible, easiest way is if you finish 3rd and Joe finishes 6th or worse or Knelly finishes 8th or worse. But it's basically You and Spurgy vs. The World.
However, Ford may also be wanting to push Drop to a win to get him in the Chase. At the same time, Hendricks will be probably pushing Tom for the win, not too sure if they plan on booting Akmuq out of this current Wild Card position to get Tom in. And I'm sure Carb will also be sniffing around but he will need to fill those seats and get all the help he can get (Neljack!)

Two weeks to prepare for all this.

Niop. Spurgy, RPH, Matty, and MULE are all locked.
And hell I'd like just one win this season. XD

I saw that wreck towards the end..pretty silly way to get put out of it. I took emergency evasive maneuvers & got around.

Sad I went from 2nd to 4th in less than the blink of an eye on the finish line. :( Shouldn't have worked with mule then it might have ended better for me. I was kind of mean to Spurgy for banging by him but that's nascar. :sly:

Less than a tenth of Red in quali.

One lap led less than Red to share most laps points.

Then the incident which in part involved Red.

You just about had my number last night :(

Bottom line, just have to finish above Furi at Indy to secure a Chase spot!

Idiosyncracy: Matty has won twice but has led only 10 laps, whilst RPH has 180 laps led without a win.

However, Ford may also be wanting to push Drop to a win to get him in the Chase. At the same time, Hendricks will be probably pushing Tom for the win, not too sure if they plan on booting Akmuq out of this current Wild Card position to get Tom in.

If I were to start the race, I would merely need to finish ahead of Akmuq. We both have one win, and the same number of points. If I finish ahead, I get the Wild Card spot, with no win required. Of course, should Tom enter and win, he would get in over either of us, as his two wins would put him ahead of myself and Akmuq, regardless of point totals.

Well the second scenario won't happen since I won't be able to make any of the races from now on. Was nice racing with you all and getting my win finally but I'm too busy and can't commit anymore, good luck with this in the future.

Take it easy lads.

Well the second scenario won't happen since I won't be able to make any of the races from now on. Was nice racing with you all and getting my win finally but I'm too busy and can't commit anymore, good luck with this in the future.

Take it easy lads.

Bye from GTP Tom, been a great time racing, take it easy yourself 👍 :)

If I were to start the race, I would merely need to finish ahead of Akmuq. We both have one win, and the same number of points. If I finish ahead, I get the Wild Card spot, with no win required. Of course, should Tom enter and win, he would get in over either of us, as his two wins would put him ahead of myself and Akmuq, regardless of point totals.

Please do come back Drop, even I did :(

Come back in 3 weeks Drop.:sly:

Whats complex? Top 2 per team score? (I think)

I know, I'm just saying that me and Matty are having a great season and we are still behind you.. -.-

We are having a great season of late. Not essentially overall as our start was terrible but our results have been very good ever since.

Take it easy lads.

Good luck Tom, stick around on GTP. Always nice to see names that don't race pitch in every now and then.

Well, GTP can be a surprising place still. Unexpectedly received a strong message of support from a rival driver. Already formulating a plan or two anyway. SGR team announcement and statement from me due tonight or tomorrow night.

Furinkazen
Well, GTP can be a surprising place still. Unexpectedly received a strong message of support from a rival driver. Already formulating a plan or two anyway. SGR team announcement and statement from me due tonight or tomorrow night.

Do it now, I'm bored. 👍

SGR Official Statement

The 4th season of Sprint Cup on GTP is hotting up with the final race before the chase, the Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis. Recently team owner Alex Coady (Furinkazen) was struck down by illness and his last race was a lacklustre finish at Motegi. However he is convinced he will still be able to get a chase spot, and had the following news:

"I can confirm I will be in the #14 Office Depot Chevrolet for the Brickyard 400, and I intend to run as much of the race is possible. I'm still not 100% fit but I am positive I can run for all 400miles to get myself a spot in the Chase For The Sprint Cup".

Also there had been recent speculation that this would be his last season in Sprint Cup, on that he had to say "It could be my last as a team owner but it will not be my last Sprint Cup season. I am trying to work on a deal for next season and if that does not come off, then I will make myself available for either a Sprint Cup team or I may do a part-time Nationwide program".

He also added that "significant" changes where to be made to the #14 for Indianapolis and that he was "fully committed" to running Team RPM in the NASCAR Truck Series.

Latest Posts

Back