GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

• None - just ovals.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrMulsanne
Proposal - how about 80 laps (200 miles) of Daytona as a season finale?

Could we skip the q-race and start the main race at 7:30pm BST instead of 8pm?

I'll be there if get daughter to bed and settled in time. If not, sorry (but will give me time for suzuka tuning later) ;)

Yeah, I'll be in, trying to go with Bassist's tune because I've got annoyed with tyre wear in the past rounds...

Yeah, I'll be in, trying to go with Bassist's tune because I've got annoyed with tyre wear in the past rounds...

Don't use all the grip you can when behind somebody, just draft them, I was taking corners at less then 140 MPH(225 KPH) at Indy and my tyres just kept lasting while furi was wrecking his.:D

I was wrecking mine too, it was terrible :ouch: But I think you won't get through it with just 1 stop, it's 50 laps after all :)

Now it looks like network trouble city...

I was wrecking mine too, it was terrible :ouch: But I think you won't get through it with just 1 stop, it's 50 laps after all :)

Network Incompatability, why is this happening? And my NAT 3 will not reset, spent hours trying to do it...

As I said, make someone else host, then everyone could join through Furi or some other friend?

My tyres could last 25 laps, I had plenty of grip when I pitted on 20 last time.

I was going to say I can't make it tonight, but it sounds like you have some pretty bad network issues.

Quali race results:
1. Droptop2001gt 9:28.063
2. CrAzY_bAsSiSt +03.143
3. GTP_akmuq +17.598
4. Carbonox +28.661
5. Knelly +29.123

Great racing today, looks like its all going to be settled at Daytona next week in a fiercely close battle.

It's my wedding anniversary weekend, so I'd have been boiled in oil if I'd raced last night :lol:

Doesn't looked like I missed much except a load of connection aggro :crazy:

It's my wedding anniversary weekend, so I'd have been boiled in oil if I'd raced last night :lol:

Doesn't looked like I missed much except a load of connection aggro :crazy:

Well I dunno... there seemed to be a good amount of decent battles going on, but indeedy Furi was struggling with connection, giving me 3rd place in the standings 👍

Hosting in my lounge next week, got it sorted now I reckon.

You better have, this was incredibly frustrating, not to mention it took ages to actually get to race :ouch:

Okay, I'm not so angry... but unfortunately it appears that I'm gonna lose my sudden 3rd place because Daytona is really bad for me... Anyone know some good techniques for eliminating tyre wear in this one?

You better have, this was incredibly frustrating, not to mention it took ages to actually get to race :ouch:

Okay, I'm not so angry... but unfortunately it appears that I'm gonna lose my sudden 3rd place because Daytona is really bad for me... Anyone know some good techniques for eliminating tyre wear in this one?

Bassist's tune is pretty good.

Didn't see much of a difference to the original tyre wear @ Indy... except they wore less when I took the corners more carefully. And since corners can't really be taken in a different way at Daytona, it seems pretty unlikely that I'll survive with a 3 stop strategy :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back