Nürburgring GP/F endurance 10.feb - RM Golf IV GTI

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 176 comments
If there's a near enough full grid by race day, I'll definitely take part.

Sign me up.

PSN: joshua1994
Car colour : TBA
Team : TBA
Car number : 21

Although it's a little later than specified. The practice session is now up.

Session has just ended, with a total of 4 people having joined. We had some great and very compititive races.

Last edited:
Next practice on tuesday at 18.30 GMT.

My bad everyone! I meant thursday, not tuesday. Practice is thursday at 18.30 GMT.
Sorry to anyone who might have expected me to host a practice session this tuesday evening.

Last edited:
Without divulging too much, can someone who participated in the last practice give me a ballpark figure for a good lap time? It would be appreciated.

Without divulging too much, can someone who participated in the last practice give me a ballpark figure for a good lap time? It would be appreciated.

The best lap times so far by my knowledge has been 2.26 on SS tires. My personal best has been 2.27. My best with SM tires have been 2.31.

Both me and FAKEGANGSTADIE are actually running 2 26s on the medium tire with abs on 1

I haven't done much testing on the soft but I expect 2 24s maybe 2 23s.

Today I did a best of 2 27 1 on the medium tire with no abs .

I notice a difference of half a second in sector 4 with abs on and off , that final chicane abs makes a huge difference there

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to make sure my doors weren't going to get blown off. Ha.

Yes, the ABS is a game-changer for me. I was a full 2 seconds faster with it. 2:26.xxx.

I'm free tonight (and into tomorrow morning) if any of you want to run a little. Add me "crowhop78".

I will join tonight, sorry I haven't joined any practices for this race yet, life has taken over :P 👍

np mate. Seeing as I have already raced with you on several occasion, you aren't require to join anyway. But the more the merrier. :)

Just a couple of things from yesterday's practice:

1. If this race is clean then it looks like it will be a great race, it should be pretty close too. When the four of us raced we stayed together in single line formation for about 1 and a half laps.

2. Although I will likely not win this because I don't have the pace of the fastest guys I am able to match Jawehawk's pace and like in our first race with just the two of us it should make for a great multiple lap battle.

Also just one question, do you use the curbs? I have been avoiding them because of the size and the fact that I get knocked out of balance by them but I am around 2-4 seconds slower than the fastest guys, maybe this is why?

Ill help you out next practice sessions , I use the kerbs a bit but it isn't necessary and I always keep it legal ( keep 2 wheels on track always )

I'll probably host one tommorow, though I'm not completely sure yet.

Ok, Thats cool by me. It's not as fun practising on your own, plus you cant do the practise for drafting 👍

You guys send me a pm on gtp if there is a practice session today and let me know the time , ill get the pm on my phone .

Cheers

I wish to join the race on 3rd February.

Car No. - 93

Car Colour - Greencollection Perleffekt (Light Green)

Good luck to all :gtpflag:.

Last edited:
There's still a few people who have yet to appear at any of the practice sessions. Just a reminder folks. I need to check that you all drive fair and clean. Furthermore, there's only 1 spot left, as I wish to keep the list of participants under 12.

Will host another session tommorow evening at 18.00 GMT.

If there is only one spot left then I'll promise you I'll be the first one there lol. Did you delete me by the way?

If there is only one spot left then I'll promise you I'll be the first one there lol. Did you delete me by the way?

Don't you worry, you're on the list of participants. There is, however, only 1 spot left after I added you :).

What do you mean by deleted? On PSN? If so, I really don't recall. If I remember correctly, you had signed up for the European endurance race on Spa, but forgot about it? Which resulted in you joining 30 minutes or so after race start. I'll send you an invite on PSN next time I turn my PS3 on.

Turns out that one of us deleted the other so I've already sent a friend request... See you tomorrow evening at 6 then.

Back