New Gran Turismo 7 Video Details PS5 Improvements, Reveals New Cars & Teases Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Famine
  • 261 comments
Sometimes I feel like I’m talking to people that work for pd :lol:.

All I’m saying is the bar is getting lower for what’s considered a new game. If people are ok with what’s happening here, it’s only a matter of time before GT becomes an EA Sports type of game that gets released annually with minimal changes.

It's neither new content, which was the topic under discussion, nor universal as its new only to the Ps5 version.
He said he hadn't seen anything new to the franchise. It's new to the franchise. And yes PS5 is obviously the best way to play. There is more to a game than tracks. You have to look at the whole package. There are lots of new cars as well.

He said he hadn't seen anything new to the franchise. It's new to the franchise. And yes PS5 is obviously the best way to play. There is more to a game than tracks. You have to look at the whole package. There are lots of new cars as well.

Considering that we are racing said cars on tracks...yeah, tracks are pretty important, and there sure hasn't been any actually new ones that Polyphony have bothered to show.

Also, if you are seriously trying to posit faster loading times as a new feature instead of a quality of life enhancement, then there truly is little actually new to GT7.

Considering that we are racing said cars on tracks...yeah, tracks are pretty important, and there sure hasn't been any actually new ones that Polyphony have bothered to show.

Also, if you are seriously trying to posit faster loading times as a new feature instead of a quality of life enhancement, then there truly is little actually new to GT7.

Kaz himself said its transformational. I skipped GT6 mostly because of the abysmal PS3 loading times so yeah its kind of a big deal. Instantaneous loading is one of the most talked about features of the PS5. There is also a new physics model but it's impossible to discuss until the game is in our hands.

Kaz himself said its transformational

Kaz has a habit of lying. I'd probably not take his word at face value.

There is also a new physics model but it's impossible to discuss until the game is in our hands.

True. But again, knowing Polyphony, I have my doubts as to whether they actually changed the handling model in any way that is actually game changing for the franchise.

So a potential new physics model, and faster loading on one system. Boy, take my 80 Canadian bucks already!

Fast loading is a system feature, not a game feature. It's impossible for the PS5 version to NOT load quickly. It's not an advertising point for the game, it's an advertising point for the system.

We continue to look for features and content new to the game. We can only wait and see between now and launch, but I guess this forum wouldn't be this forum without people jumping to PDs defense at every opportunity. You could just sit back and wait too, though.

He said he hadn't seen anything new to the franchise.
The topic and post was clearly about content, you're, once again, clutching at straws to try and prove a point that wasn't even in discussion.

It's a strawman argument.
It's new to the franchise. And yes PS5 is obviously the best way to play. There is more to a game than tracks. You have to look at the whole package.
Apart from the fact that still wasn't the topic, hence its a strawman argument, a logical fallacy.
There are lots of new cars as well.
Indeed, so you clearly were aware the topic was content.

This is not the first time you've engaged in this kind of behaviour, and it needs to stop.

That's not a point for discussion or debate, it's an instruction.

Last edited:
Everyone missed my point by a mile. Why tracks were missing from GTS is irrelevant to me. I’m more concerned with the idea that a game developer can take something like a track, remove it from one game in their franchise, and then add it back in the next and treat it as new content.

We’re 2 months away from launch, and I’ve barely seen anything that was new to the franchise. That’s my concern.

It doesn’t seem I missed anything at all. You said they “removed it” from a game, the asset couldn’t keep up with modern fidelity and had to be remodeled, the timeline of which missed GTS’s lifespan, and now they’re announcing it’s return for GT7. Should they not do that? It‘ll be 8.5 years since a GT game had Daytona and it was on the PS3. Should PD have not announced Laguna Seca when it returned as DLC in GTS? If there’s more new tracks I’m sure we’ll see them revealed/announced in the buildup to launch, Apricot Hill’s silhouette comes to mind.

I know they’re rehashing stuff they’ve teased/revealed in earlier info dumps but the particulars you’re going after are really odd.

Everyone missed my point by a mile. Why tracks were missing from GTS is irrelevant to me. I’m more concerned with the idea that a game developer can take something like a track, remove it from one game in their franchise, and then add it back in the next and treat it as new content.

We’re 2 months away from launch, and I’ve barely seen anything that was new to the franchise. That’s my concern.
You mean, you've forgotten... MUSIC RALLY?

Sometimes I feel like I’m talking to people that work for pd :lol:.
All I’m saying is the bar is getting lower for what’s considered a new game. If people are ok with what’s happening here, it’s only a matter of time before GT becomes an EA Sports type of game that gets released annually with minimal changes.
I understand what you're saying about old tracks being described as "new." Many of these "new" tracks are the same track layout, I agree... if they are in fact being advertised as new tracks. PD and Sony would get much more mileage if these new tracks were advertised as "classics" instead.
But if you think about it, GT7 is all-new software: new engine, new interface, new graphics, new audio, new everything. So even though the track layout may be exactly the same (which it probably isn't), the racing experience will be very different. I think that point was made by another user on page 5 of this thread. Also, PD always adds different details to new iterations of the classic tracks (more fans in the stands, different banners/sponsors, old gravel areas are now grass, etc.) and they put in the effort to re-create these classic tracks with the new game engine. Finally, thinking back over the GT series, I really believe that every game has a different feel, a different vibe, a different flavor. Even those released on the same hardware had a lot of differences -- GT3 and GT4 were very different games. They really are different experiences even if you are racing on the same track. My $0.02

It doesn’t seem I missed anything at all. You said they “removed it” from a game, the asset couldn’t keep up with modern fidelity and had to be remodeled, the timeline of which missed GTS’s lifespan, and now they’re announcing it’s return for GT7. Should they not do that? It‘ll be 8.5 years since a GT game had Daytona and it was on the PS3. Should PD have not announced Laguna Seca when it returned as DLC in GTS? If there’s more new tracks I’m sure we’ll see them revealed/announced in the buildup to launch, Apricot Hill’s silhouette comes to mind.

I know they’re rehashing stuff they’ve teased/revealed in earlier info dumps but the particulars you’re going after are really odd.
So if they remove Daytona again from GT8, and add it back in GT9, you’re ok with that? How about if GT8 was just GT7 with 3 more tracks and 10 more cars?
If PD is omitting content because they need to rework it, it adds fire to the idea that GTS was a game to fill time between gt6 and gt7 because they didn’t have enough content ready. I’m still yet to see anything that’s new to the franchise in gt7.

So if they remove Daytona again from GT8, and add it back in GT9, you’re ok with that? How about if GT8 was just GT7 with 3 more tracks and 10 more cars?
If PD is omitting content because they need to rework it, it adds fire to the idea that GTS was a game to fill time between gt6 and gt7 because they didn’t have enough content ready. I’m still yet to see anything that’s new to the franchise in gt7.
Trust me, there will be new content not seen in any previous GT release.

Trust me, there will be new content not seen in any previous GT release.
PD’s marketing and associated information has left me rather underwhelmed so far. When a game has new features they are usually one of the first items marketed to show that the game has evolved from previous iterations.

Kaz said himself this game is about past, present and future GT titles. So far he has just shown the past and present. As stated previously, the new features that have been expounded upon are loading times, haptic feedback and adaptive triggers which are all console features not game features.

Hopefully PD brings something new to the table when we get that State of Play early February. For one, I will be holding my breath

It nearly happened with Spa in GT Sport due to the licensing fee so it could've been a similar circumstance.

For old time's sake:

WHERE SPA?

It’s also funny that one person said Daytona was missing from GTS be a of licensing, and another because of retooling. Is there anything written down that supports either of those theories?

It’s also funny that one person said Daytona was missing from GTS be a of licensing, and another because of retooling. Is there anything written down that supports either of those theories?
Unless I’m reading into your post wrong, I did clarify that it was just theorising on my part, so it shouldn’t be taken as fact.

I feel like Blue Moon Raceway and infield were a stop gap for missing out on Daytona in GTS.

Excited to see it back in the game, enjoyed racing there and Indianapolis speedway on PS3.

I feel like Blue Moon Raceway and infield were a stop gap for missing out on Daytona in GTS.

Excited to see it back in the game, enjoyed racing there and Indianapolis speedway on PS3.
Has more similarities with Pocono than Daytona but either way, more ovals, real or fictional, is nice.

Great. Can you show us some of it please?
Does he mean launch or over the lifespan of the game because i dont think anyone would doubt new content otherwise.

You yaself know this, why the tone?
We know the game will end up with new content.

Last edited:
Does he mean launch or over the lifespan of the game because i dont think anyone would doubt new content otherwise.

You yaself know this, why the tone?
We know the game will end up with new content.
If there’s a tone it might come from the fact that this game was supposed to be next-generational and yet PS5 users are being held back by PS4 hardware (online lobby size as an example). Or maybe also for the fact that GT7 is just GTS with some minor improvements (graphics and HUD for example). This game is out in a matter of weeks and we still haven’t been told of anything groundbreaking. At least Forza Motorsport have told the community that they’ve done extensive research into suspension physics.

I really hope State of Play corrects all of this and proves me wrong.

Last edited:
If there’s a tone it might come from the fact that this game was supposed to be next-generational and yet PS5 users are being held back by PS4 hardware (online lobby size as an example). Or maybe also for the fact that GT7 is just GTS with some minor improvements (graphics and HUD for example). This game is out in a matter of weeks and we still haven’t been told of anything groundbreaking. At least Forza Motorsport have told the community that they’ve done extensive research into suspension physics.

I really hope State of Play corrects all of this and proves me wrong.
I hope it does too because this place has become very depressing. So much negativity.

As for being held back, im yet to see proof of this. Maybe we'll see later on, but so far visuals can scale a lot and we now have dynamic weather on PS4 where as Sport didnt.
We've been told better physics, something Sport will also have because they NEED to be identical.
Car count remains the same no?
I personally believe GT7 was made for PS5 first and ported down,i see no reason why not.

Maybe load times is the only thing i can think of that will hamper PS5 players when it comes to online races.

Like you said, i hope state of play shows something that satisfies most.
My tone remark is based on me coming here and always seeing him in an argument with someone.

I also want to point out that i wished this game was exclusive to Ps5, i was annoyed when they included the PS4 but ive moved on and accepted it. Im also happy PS4 gamers get to experience it, which seems to be a fair few people.

Not going to let it ruin my excitement, my brother was a huge GT Fan and passed away.
Im grateful i get to play the next title.
There is still so much to be excited for in GT7.

Last edited:
I hope it does too because this place has become very depressing. So much negatively.

As for being held back, im yet to see proof of this. Maybe we'll see later on, but so far visuals can scale a lot and we now have dynamic weather on PS4 where as Sport didnt.
We've been told better physics, something Sport will also have because they NEED to be identical.
Car count remains the same no?

Maybe load times is the only thing i can think of that will hamper PS5 players when it comes to online races.

Like you said, i hope state of play shows something that satisfies most.
My tone remark is based on me coming here and always seeing him in an argument with someone.

I also want to point out that i wished this game was exclusive to Ps5, i was annoyed when they included the PS4 but ive moved on and accepted it. Im also happy PS4 gamers get to experience it, which seems to be a fair few people.

Not going to let it ruin my excitement, my brother was a huge GT Fan and passed away.
Im grateful i get to play the next title.
There is still so much to be excited for in GT7.
Sorry to hear about your brother! I’m sure he would’ve enjoyed GT7 too 👌

I’m personally still going to enjoy a few days off work when GT7 releases in March. There is a lot to look forward to. I get passionate about driving games and I specifically bought the PS5 for this game. Sure enough when I heard GT7 was cross-gen I was upset.

It’s just sad that you wait a long time (3-5 years) for the Gran Turismo this new hardware can deliver and it’s just an oldish game rehashed with a single player campaign and some additional bells and whistles.

Hopefully Kaz decides to actually divulge some information that gives some hope. His interviews are always about his vision and his legacy and it’s great that he shares that with us but also as a consumer you’d think he’d inform his audience instead of congratulating himself all the time.

Sorry to hear about your brother! I’m sure he would’ve enjoyed GT7 too 👌

I’m personally still going to enjoy a few days off work when GT7 releases in March. There is a lot to look forward to. I get passionate about driving games and I specifically bought the PS5 for this game. Sure enough when I heard GT7 was cross-gen I was upset.

It’s just sad that you wait a long time (3-5 years) for the Gran Turismo this new hardware can deliver and it’s just an oldish game rehashed with a single player campaign and some additional bells and whistles.

Hopefully Kaz decides to actually divulge some information that gives some hope. His interviews are always about his vision and his legacy and it’s great that he shares that with us but also as a consumer you’d think he’d inform his audience instead of congratulating himself all the time.
No problem mate.

There certainly is a lot to look forward to and i haven't been this excited in a long time. GT Titles don't come along very often and i can tell u must be too, to buy a PS5 just for it!!

I can also understand the frustration that comes with it, not getting enough information and details to relieve some anxiousness.

For me, i have what I want mostly and that's a proper SP mode, back to it roots.. what made these games so great.

Oil changes, car washes lol, upgrades and cosmetic changes, day/night cycle, dynamic weather..
Add those to new cars, tracks, improved sounds/visuals.. better image quality..

The one thing that could do with more attention is physics and like you said, hopefully state of play provides what people are seeking.

Anyway.. hope everyone gets what they want.

Last edited:
Gosh, seems like I feel guilty to get excited about new Gran Turismo nowadays.
I just want to see more of new content and they need their very own State of Play since we're less than two months away.
You know Japanese dev were the one still know how to surprise their audiences in these rumors filled and leaked culture and I still have faith in them to surprise me, Miyazaki Kojima and Sakurai did it over and over now Kaz have to step up his game.
On topic it's nice to see Daytona back it's been too long I have my most hilarious moments testing Hybrids both realistic sleepers and stupid ones on Daytona not to mention the good old classy GT5 Prologue days where I grind there for tuned cars.

we get that State of Play early February.
Actually, I'm hearing that a media event for GT7 will take place at the end of the month, according to Tom Henderson who's been apparently reliable in the past. So, in about two weeks time at the earliest.

But yeah, I have to agree that the marketing's been weird compared to GT6. Only like two major cinematic trailers (not counting the Brembo one) compared to four for GT6, with music that aren't likely to be used in the final game itself. I mean, you're selling an original music album with the deluxe edition, so... where is our first taste of it? o_o

Actually, I'm hearing that a media event for GT7 will take place at the end of the month, according to Tom Henderson who's been apparently reliable in the past. So, in about two weeks time at the earliest.

But yeah, I have to agree that the marketing's been weird compared to GT6. Only like two major cinematic trailers (not counting the Brembo one) compared to four for GT6, with music that aren't likely to be used in the final game itself. I mean, you're selling an original music album with the deluxe edition, so... where is our first taste of it? o_o
Yeah I listened to that cast by Tom Henderson too and thought in context he meant the month of February but initially I understood it as January so I hope you’re correct.

Not trying to make up excuses, just a theory.
Is it possible with horizon being the next big release, that's where all the attention is going?

This is why i suspect another video reveal or state of play.. mostly the latter.

Back