PS3 General Discussion

DS and PSP do not have motion controls and I do not see them creating a full boxed version of a simple game. Super Rub a Dub is all about the Sixaxis. And its $6. was $3 for a month.

hey everyone. I have a copy of enchanted arms and i rang up EB games and they said they'll buy it off me for 25 bucks. Is it worth it?

I suppose but I say a game like super rub I'd expect to see on a DS or PSP not a console like the PS3.

It's freaking $3 man, please just drop it already, we get it, you're partially insecure about duck games.

They are budget titles, it's a DOWNLOAD game. DOWNLOAD.

Move on, christ.

Anyone picking up CoD4?

What does the PS3 say about your love life?

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.as...6&lid=429&ER=sessiontimeout&trackingid=516068

This is your 21st-century individual who enjoys gaming and demands the best out of his experience—and probably his women. The PS3 guy enjoys life to its fullest. He is sophisticated, intelligent, enjoys competition and is willing to wait for a good thing. He is loyal as well.

That's dead on. The article also has the 360 and the Wii, but we all know those who own the 360 and Wii ain't getting the booty. I thought all Wii owners were virgins anyway? :sly:

It's freaking $3 man, please just drop it already, we get it, you're partially insecure about duck games.

They are budget titles, it's a DOWNLOAD game. DOWNLOAD.

Move on, christ.

Anyone picking up CoD4?

Yea I mean how much can you really expect from a game that costs $3?

And yes I got CoD4 yesterday. I only played it for about an hour because i had a paper to finish, but my god, it is amazing. The detail is immaculate. It is just so involved. And it really sucks you in. I will say that the controls are a little different at first, but this is my first CoD game so that may be why they seem a little awkward. Aside from that, its just awesome. The tutorial is really fun in my opinion.

And yes I got CoD4 yesterday. I only played it for about an hour because i had a paper to finish, but my god, it is amazing. The detail is immaculate. It is just so involved. And it really sucks you in. I will say that the controls are a little different at first, but this is my first CoD game so that may be why they seem a little awkward. Aside from that, its just awesome. The tutorial is really fun in my opinion.

CoD4 is pretty much my first console FPS (aside from multiplayer halo) .. waaay awkward for me haha. I wish I could use my mouse to aim!

I love it though. I played for a few hours when I got back from picking it up this morning and I'm thoroughly impressed.

This maybe abit dumb to ask but... its cod4 actually in first person camera view?

I love 3rd person gear and graw style because you see so much more plus what you are doing.....

Is there an option to change views?

This maybe abit dumb to ask but... its cod4 actually in first person camera view?

I love 3rd person gear and graw style because you see so much more plus what you are doing.....

Is there an option to change views?
Just play Warhawk. :D

if your looking for a third person shooter which is what I prefer as well, you can't go wrong with the SOCOM games, SOCOM Confrontation is out sometime 2008. I dont know about the CoD4 camera but i should be getting it tonight, can't wait months for SOCOM I need to shoot something.

VT
CoD4 is pretty much my first console FPS (aside from multiplayer halo) .. waaay awkward for me haha. I wish I could use my mouse to aim!

I love it though. I played for a few hours when I got back from picking it up this morning and I'm thoroughly impressed.

If you can find a cheap copy of Rainbow Six 3 get it, its awesome and I need a buddy to play online. It has full voice chat but don't use it in 1080i mode :)

SCEA just released their holiday lineup.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/11-08-2007/0004700693&EDATE=

It still lists Unreal III, which the developers keep saying isn't happening this year, so take it with a grain of salt.

Here's the list: I went ahead and threw in the PSP and PS2 lists too.
SCEA's 2007 holiday line-up will include:
PLAYSTATION(R)3
First-Party:

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT(TM)
Heavenly Sword(TM)
NBA 08
Lair
Folklore(TM)
Ratchet & Clank(R) Future: Tools of Destruction(TM)
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune(TM)
Warhawk(TM)
Third-Party:
Call of Duty(R) 4: Modern Warfare(TM), Activision
Guitar Hero(TM) III: Legends of Rock, Activision
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Activision
Jericho(TM), Codemasters
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men(TM), Eidos
FIFA 08, EA
Medal of Honor Airborne(TM), EA
Rock Band(TM), EA
Orange Box, The, EA
Simpsons(TM) Game, The, EA
Bladestorm(TM): The Hundred Years' War, Koei
LEGO(R) Star Wars(TM): The Complete Saga, Lucas Arts
BlackSite(TM): AREA 51(R), Midway
John Woo Presents Stranglehold(TM) Collector's Edition, Midway
Unreal Tournament(R) 3, Midway
Time Crisis(R) 4, NAMCO BANDAI
SEGA Rally Revo(TM), Sega
College Hoops 2K8, Take 2 Interactive
WWE(R) SmackDown(R) vs. Raw(R) 2008, THQ
Juiced(TM) 2: Hot Import Nights(TM), THQ
MX vs. ATV(TM) Untamed, THQ
Assassin's Creed(TM), UbiSoft
Blazing Angels(R) 2: Secret Missions of WWII, UbiSoft
Haze(TM), UbiSoft
TimeShift(TM), Vivendi
Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION(R) - Game of the Year Edition, Zenimax

PLAYSTATION(R)Network
High Velocity Bowling(TM)
PAIN
Everyday Shooter
Go! Sports Ski(TM)
Go! Sports Skydiving(TM)
Mesmerize 1
Trials of Topoq
MotorStorm(TM) Christmas Livery
Toy Home(TM)
Twisted Metal(TM) 2 (PS One)
MotorStorm(TM) Premium Pack 2
Resistance: Fall of Man(TM): Map Pack 2
Operation Creature Feature(TM)
Aquatopia
Snakeball(TM)
flOw Download Pack
MotorStorm(TM) Vehicle and Livery Pack
PixelJunk(TM) Monsters
Folklore(TM) Download Packs 1 and 2

PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable)
First-party:

Jeanne d'Arc
NBA '08
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
Tactical Strike
Syphon Filter(R): Logan's Shadow
Third-party:
Spider-Man 3(TM), Activision
Atari Classics Evolved, Atari
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law(TM), Capcom
Ben 10(TM): Protector of Earth, D3
FIFA 08, EA
The Sims(TM) 2 Castaway, EA
The Simpsons(TM) Game, EA
Castlevania(R): The Dracula X Chronicles(TM), Konami
Silent Hill(R) Origins, Konami
Metal Gear Solid(R): Portable Ops Plus, Konami
Star Wars Battlefront(TM): Renegade Squadron(TM), Lucas Arts
Sonic Rivals(TM) 2, Sega
The Golden Compass(TM), Sega
Final Fantasy Tactics(R): The War of the Lions(TM), Square-Enix
WWE(R) SmackDown(R) vs. Raw(R) 2008, THQ
Beowulf(TM), Ubisoft
SWAT(R): Target Liberty(TM), Vivendi
Aliens vs. Predator(TM) Requiem, Vivendi

PlayStation(R)2
First-Party:

Buzz!(TM) The Mega Quiz
Buzz!(TM) Junior: Jungle Party
Hot Shots Tennis(TM)
NBA '08
SingStar(TM): Amped
SingStar (TM): 80's
Syphon Filter(R): Dark Mirror
Third-Party:
Cabela's(R) Monster Bass, Activision
Guitar Hero(TM) III: Legends of Rock, Activision
Dragon Ball(R) Z: Budokai Tenkaichi(TM) 3, Atari
High School Musical: Sing It, Disney
Need for Speed(TM) ProStreet, EA
Rock Band(TM), EA
Aqua Teen Hunger Force(TM): Zombie Ninja Pro-Am, Midway
.hack(R)//G.U.(TM) Vol. 3: Redemption(TM), Namco Bandai
PopCap(TM) Hits! Vol 1, Popcap
Phantasy Star Universe(TM): Ambition of the Illuminus, Sega
Fatal Fury Battle Archives(TM) Volume 2, SNK
Final Fantasy(R) XI: Wings of the Goddess(TM), Square-Enix
College Hoops 2K8, Take 2
Avatar: The Last Airbender(TM) -- The Burning Earth, THQ
SpongeBob's(TM) Atlantis SquarePants, THQ
Crash(R) of the Titans, Vivendi
The Legend of Spyro(TM): The Eternal Night, Vivendi
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal(TM), Warner Bros.
Considering some of these are already out now I guess they are considering us in the holiday season as of now.

Anyway, there's the list.

I wonder why there is no Syphon Filter for the PS3.
I know this isn't what you mean but:

You can buy the original PS1 version for $6.99.

And 2 and 3 can be gotten in Europe (well, 2 will be soon) so you can likely expect them for the US sometime soon as well.

I don't know, I would just like to have Syphon Filter game for the PS3 since I do really like that series.

PS3 40GB at Eur 399 versus 60GB + 2 games at Eur 499.

Sorry if this has been asked before.... I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The 40GB has 2 USB ports less
The 40GB doesnt have a multigameport thingy

I dont expect to play anything but GT4 and its successors
I might download a film (once per 3 yrs or so)
I wont play the 2 games that come with the 60GB PS3.
I'm the only one to play on a PS2 / PS3
Price isn't an issue but being Dutch, I dont throw away money either.

The internet tells me its easy to install a bigger HDD if required.
HDDs arent expensive.

Given the above
-what would I miss if I go for the 40GB version....?
-why would I need a multigameport thingy? is it to play gt4 on the PS3 perhaps
-why do I need 4 USB ports
-why are USB ports there in the 1st place

As you can see Im a total newb at PS3 so please bear with me as I enlist your help....
I'll probably wait till some version of GT5 comes out before buying one.

Thx in advance

AMG.

It is important to know that the 40gb PS3 Does not support backwards compatibility! So you would not be able to play GT4 on it, however, if that is the only ps2 game that you will most likely play on your ps3, then it shouldnt be much of a problem to just play it on your PS2.

I have no idea what a multi gameport is, but I think they are referring to the memory card readers that are included in the 60 and 80gb versions. No, they arent PS2 memory card readers, they read CF cards, Micro SD, and other ones, used in digital cameras.

You really dont need 4 USB ports, all of the controllers for the PS3 are all wireless, and you only need to use a port when you are charging them. Of course, it might be nice to have a few more ports incase you have an external HDD, with a USB interface, so you never had to take it out, but really, you dont need that many USB ports.

I think I pretty much answered your final question with my last post. But here is a list i could think of.
-Charging the controller. It is never necessary to have the controller plugged in to play a game, but it is the only way you can charge it.
-So you can put photos/music/videos from your computer on your ps3, through a usb drive, or external HDD.
-An external HDD to add to the memory space of your PS3.

Hope this helped, and feel free to ask any more questions, I'll see if I can help.

PS3 40GB at Eur 399 versus 60GB + 2 games at Eur 499.

Sorry if this has been asked before.... I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The 40GB has 2 USB ports less
The 40GB doesnt have a multigameport thingy
multigameport? Is that the same as a memory card reader?

I dont expect to play anything but GT4 and its successors
If you get a 40gb you will not have backwards compatibility, so you will not be playing GT4.

I might download a film (once per 3 yrs or so)
You may be surprised what all you do with all the other features of the PS3. I was.

I wont play the 2 games that come with the 60GB PS3.
You will make your money back by selling them most likely.

Given the above
-what would I miss if I go for the 40GB version....?
-why would I need a multigameport thingy? is it to play gt4 on the PS3 perhaps
If it is the memory card reader it is just to transport files, using a Compact Flash, SD, or Sony Memory Stick, between the PS3 and PC.

You don't need 4, but here is how mine get used.
1&2: Charging my controllers/connect PS2 memory card adapter
3: DFP
4: Charging my bluetooth headset.

The main purpose is syncing and charging your controllers. You must plug it into the USB port to sync it when you first get your controller, and then you plug them in to charge. If you want to use a DFP or G25 steering wheel they use USB to connect.

Does not support backwards compatibility!
OK, thx
Dead_Poetic
I have no idea what a multi gameport is, but I think they are referring to the memory card readers
That could very well be what was meant
Dead_Poetic
You really dont need 4 USB ports
I cant use controllers, hate the things, so all I would need it for is the G25
hence why I only play GTxx (and Im not interested in other games)
Dead_Poetic
-So you can put photos/music/videos from your computer on your ps3, through a usb drive, or external HDD.
-An external HDD to add to the memory space of your PS3.
Hope this helped, and feel free to ask any more questions, I'll see if I can help.
Sure did!

You may be surprised what all you do with all the other features of the PS3. I was.
You will make your money back by selling them most likely.
1&2: Charging my controllers/connect PS2 memory card adapter
3: DFP
4: Charging my bluetooth headset.
1 :mad:
4 Never owned a bluetooth device and most likely never will (age difference comes in to play here, like Old_geezer, I too am getting on in yrs:scared: ;))
3 yep, the G25 will fit.
2 PS2 memcard adapter? is that so you can use the PS2 game save from GT4.... interesting!

Thx guys, this was enlightening! + repped.
AMG.

Why does that make you mad. They are wireless so you must charge them, but this way you aren't going through batteries non-stop like a certain couple of other consoles I know.

4 Never owned a bluetooth device and most likely never will (age difference comes in to play here, like Old_geezer, I too am getting on in yrs:scared: ;))
Well, once you get a PS3 you will , as all the controllers use bluetooth. Don't think of bluetooth as a fancy new technology, think of it as a new way to have a remote control. Also, my headset came with Warhawk and it works great for chatting while gaming online. It would be hard to trash talk when you beat some guy in a race ion GT5 without one, assuming GT5 supports voice chat.

3 yep, the G25 will fit.
👍

2 PS2 memcard adapter? is that so you can use the PS2 game save from GT4.... interesting!
Yep, the PS3 creates virtual memory cards on the hard drive and then you just copy the save files on your PS2 memory cards over like you would copy them from one card to another on the PS2. When I play GT4 on my PS3 it reads and saves to the hard drive, but it thinks it is accessing a memory card, so I am still playing my old game.

USB ports are the way you'll connect most external devices, for power and connectivity.

I currently use the USB ports for the following:
  • 160 GB External HD (always connected)
  • USB Dongle for Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
  • USB Controller Charger
Occasionally I have also used the USB ports for the following devices:
  • 500 GB External HD (shared with my DVRs)
  • Digital Cameras (to view or copy photos and videos through the PS3)
  • 2 GB USB Flash Memory Card (for quickly copying files to and from PS3)
  • DFP Wheel (don't use it very often so I don't keep it hooked up)
  • PS2 Memory Card Adapter (very rarely use it, and when I do, I just use the same cable as the controller charger)
I also plan on getting a PlayStation Eye, which will need to be connected in one of the USB ports.

Other uses of USB ports would be for specialized USB game controllers, like those for Guitar Hero and Rock Band, to charge headsets, and even cell phones.

For me, I always have at least three of my USB ports being used at any one time, and have on several occasions used all four, but as long as you don't mind swapping devices, you should be able to get away with only having two. Also I think you can buy USB port expansion adapters, which I assume should work fine with the PS3 as well.

1 :mad:
3 yep, the G25 will fit.

Thx guys, this was enlightening! + repped.
AMG.

So GT5 with voice support means you dont want to communicate with other racers? I know no one wants the option of a wired headset while using a wheel. That means you can get a bluetooth headset or ear piece.

I'm, using 3 usb ports right now

Keyboard
Guitar Hero 3 dongle
USB charge cable.

thats why :)
I didn't even connect the two together.

It does come in handy navigating the main menu, but I guess your wheel will do the same with teh D-pad. But you do have to use the controller to exit the game without rebooting your system.

Do you like remote controls? The offcial PS3 Blu-Ray remote does an excellent job of navigating and I actually use it for non-gaming more than the controller, mainly because it sits with my TV remote so it is readily available by my couch.

Back