Staff Emeritus
quattrotextgd6.png

SFGTP4

granturismo.gif
in association with
gtp.gif

Proudly present:​

sfgtp4fj9threadhp4.jpg

The Official SFGTP4 logo from ceiling_fan's design studios!
others-235.gif

Now confirmed as: November 1st & 2nd 2008

The Place: The Smallhorseses Garage, Emeryville, CA.

sfgtp2map1ka2.jpg

sfgtp2mapev5.jpg

What we now need are some folks to attend & some equipment to play with!
Let me know if you can make it, and what you can bring!

Participants:
Smallhorses
EDK
Kylehnat
Jump_Ace
ceiling_fan
raz_10
juana b.
SimRaceDriver
alrivers
DaveS1138

Maybes:
Strop
bergauk
Prosthetic

Moral Support:
itgirlxx

Equipment so far:
Smallhorses' usual stuff. :P

Alright! There we have it. I'd like to try and run this sometime between mid-September and mid-November (although first weekend in October is out :guilty:) so let me know what's likely to work for you when you sign up? 👍

I may have to call a size restriction on this event if it proves more popular than the previous 3.
10 people is about the comfortable limit that my garage will accommodate, and thus I'm going to reserve power of veto over who attends. 💡
Please bear in mind that you should register your interest here, but also that registration is no guarantee of attendance. :(
Final attendees will be notified by PM invitation in advance of the event. :D

Last edited:
I'm in, the threesome was a blast, so the Quattro could only be more fun, right? :dopey:

The Great American Beer Festival is on October 11th-12th :), so that one is out for me. I also know I cannot do the weekend of November 15-16.

I'll try to remain flexible otherwise, but the weekends of September 27th-28th or November 1st and 2nd are best for me personally at this point.

Looking forward to it.

:cheers:
Kevin

I'm in, too, unless it's the weekend of October 18th...I'll be in Hawaii then :D. I think something mid-September would be good (13th or 20th), because I'd like to drive down again, but not if it's snowing in Southern Oregon. Also, I have a big project going online at the end of September, so I won't be able to take many days off, and may even have to work that last weekend :yuck:. November would be okay, also.

Love the logo!

I'm down for this again 👍 For me, honestly anything past mid-to late August is good :)

Jerome

Nice! 👍
I'll leave it up to you guys...I am good to go any weekend...after August 14.
First one for me...I'll check the old threads to see what I need to bring, but if you guys can give some advise :sly: please much appreciated...Thanks

If you are local, bringing a nicer TV would be the first priority so we don't have to drive on a 13" tv all day :scared: Otherwise probably bring other standard equipment like your PS2, wheel/controller etc. But we'll make a master list of stuff later but a TV would be on the top of the list I would think :) Glad to see another attendee! Can't wait to meet'cha dude!

Jerome

hmmm...well I do not have an extra TV, but I do have a projector! if there is space on the wall to set up I can bring it...otherwise I'll have to see about a monitor/TV to borrow...but maybe by the time we decide I come up with one...:)

No doubt! looking forward to meeting yall...

What TV/Monitor do you normally drive on Ricardo? If you can bring that it'd be a very welcome addition! 👍
It's got to be better than the spare 13" portable that I keep down in the garage! (It only gets used if there's absolutely no other alternative, and sadly at SFGTP3 it made an appearance!)

Basically I'm good for 2 big TVs, 1 x 28" CRT widescreen and the 32" Bravia LCD, so if we can arrange for 4 more TVs or monitors between the rest of the attendees we're all set for a 6-way LAN! :D

It's got to be better than the spare 13" portable that I keep down in the garage! (It only gets used if there's absolutely no other alternative, and sadly at SFGTP3 it made an appearance!)

Hey, I managed a win in a certain Mercedes @ Seattle on the 13" and my old worn out DFP. :dopey:

What TV/Monitor do you normally drive on Ricardo? If you can bring that it'd be a very welcome addition! 👍

Basically I'm good for 2 big TVs, 1 x 28" CRT widescreen and the 32" Bravia LCD, so if we can arrange for 4 more TVs or monitors between the rest of the attendees we're all set for a 6-way LAN! :D

I use my living room TV, Samsung 32" but is a monster is 200lbs...need @ least two people to move it...
the projector I have is a
http://www.projectorconcepts.com/projector-store/NEC-LT-20/PR241.html
which works great in a small space does not need to be bigger than a towel size on the wall
I have access to another if it'll cut down on clutter...

let me know...

Only if there are no refrigerators that need a licensed refrigerologist to refrigerolerate them ;).

For now, I can make any date/time BUT the 1st weekend in September...as that's my B-Day and I'll be too intoxicated to want to drive.....although my fastest time in the Yellowbird on the Ring was done while '3 sheets to the wind'..(American Slang meaning..I was really :censored:ing Drunk! LOL!) and I've not yet been able to beat it....go figure! :-)

I'll also be willing to make a deposit of $50 for a 'room at the lodge' (If you know what I mean!) if not too many 'out of towner's' will be attending! ;-)

As for equipment....same as usual..1 slim PS2...frex this...frex that...RFP that...ECCI that...

Tell me more!!

http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/

More 1,500 beers from more than 400 breweries, big and small, from all over the country. Most of the brewers bring beers that you will not find or taste anywhere besides the festival or their pub. It is limited to American beer only, but there are definitely some good ones.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

4 sessions of about 4 hours over the course of 3 days. (Thu-Sat)

Total cost of tickets for all 4 sessions is about $150.00, and includes all the beer you can drink, one ounce at a time. :scared:

I've gone to the last 3 and I don't plan to miss one. :dopey:

Just a heads up to the Bay Area bound...

The annual Festival of Sail is going on right now, and is definitely worth checking out! For those in the East Bay, if you are going to take the Ferry over, be sure to go to the Alameda pier, and not the one at Jack London Squre... we discovered that the hard way when the Ferry didn't have enough room for everyone so we ended up driving across.

Any way, the ships are magnififcant, and there are lots of great activities for all ages. I especially recommend the Pirate Academy for those with kids. 👍

Also, another major "sailing" event is going on this weekend, and that's the annual Berkeley Kite Festival, which is a must see if you've never been to it before. 👍

That's it... unless of course you all wanted to have a meet over the next couple weeks. :)

I would go. But any So Caler want to Car Pool?

How far away do you live, may be able to share a room with someone. I drive 400 miles round trip in one day every three months to race in Seattle, its worth it believe me 👍

Jerome

How far away do you live, may be able to share a room with someone. I drive 400 miles round trip in one day every three months to race in Seattle, its worth it believe me 👍

Jerome
The 12-hour, 750-mile journey to SFGTP2 was quite a treat as well. I can't think of better preparation for spending a whole weekend behind the virtual wheel than by spending a whole day behind a real one first :D.

The 12-hour, 750-mile journey to SFGTP2 was quite a treat as well. I can't think of better preparation for spending a whole weekend behind the virtual wheel than by spending a whole day behind a real one first :D.

If only you could drive the Maz 3 with the D-Pad, it'd be perfect practice! :P

"I'm sorry I cut you off, officer, but it's really hard to drive with discrete steering."

I'm thinking about it, late September would be good for me. I'm assuming the 'veto' will take care of Johnny Fartpants otherwise provisions will need to be made for oxygen cylinders and masks.

I haven't been doing much driving lately, but I'm getting back into it now at least so I can qualify for the GT5 WRS. Bottom line is it's unlikely I'll be too competitive ... wait ... you already knew that :-D.

Actually consolidated my systems recently and sold 40GB PS3 and PS/2 in favour of a couple of 80GB PS3s. Also got a nice 52" LCD and driving that with 5.1 is awesome except that my wheel setup is still upstairs with the other system and the 34" Sony and if you thought I was bad with the wheel you should see me trying to pilot the F430 around Suzuka with a controller. Let's just say 'John Deere' would be a more appropriate badge for my wheels than 'Ferrari'.

As far as screens go I can get my hands on a Dell 24" LCD which should do the job. I can bring a PS3 but I'm not sure if the emulation will go as far as to be able to LAN it together with PS2 systems. Might be worth trying just to find out if it works.

Last edited:

Jerome
I live in Bellflower. Which is North Long Beach. I live in safe and conservative area.

Not been able to give as much thought and preparation to this as I'd've liked recently for numerous reasons.
(Which I'll list with letters just to thoroughly confuse and disorientate you! :P)

a) Was working down in LA for a couple of weeks.
b) Got involved in a 200 A-spec point attempt at Nurb' 24hr and am halfway through it at the moment.
c) itgirlxx had a couple of wisdom teeth yanked yesterday and is needing a bit of looking after.
d) I'm lazy.
sleepgo.gif

Ok, so it's mainly due to number "d)" but I'm not getting any general consensus idea of a good date, so I'm going to chuck darts at a calender and see what it comes up with!!! :D
Going to need at least 2 weeks of preparation & testing time to come up with the usual evil
darkside.gif
& devilish
devil.gif
combos, so please bear with....

D, D and D! jk's. I will have to get my wisdom teeth out sometime too in the near future so let me know how it goes. I'm good with just about any date except the weekend of October 11th (I'm doing some surgery then and the flight may be 'difficult'). How about we make a list of dates that don't work for everyone and go from there?

Smallhorses - Weekend Of October 4th/5th

Jump_Ace - Weekend Of October 11th/12th

EDK - Weekend Of October 11th/12th

Kylehnat - Weekend of October 18th

SimRaceDriver - Weekend Of September 6th/7th

Raz_10 - Weekend Of Sept 6th/7th And The Weekend Of Oct 4th/5th

Just post dates that don't work for you (if I you aren't listed above) and I can keep the list updated for our Killer Hosts! :D

Jerome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back