quattro! - SFGTP4: 1st & 2nd November 2008

Which weekend would suit you best?

• Weekend of Oct 25/26th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my wife brought up some good points, that maybe I shouldn't use all my vacation time just before the holidays, so I may fly down again. Sorry Kyle! But once I know for CERTAIN, I will let ya know dude.

Jerome

Women...such meddlers! :P

Edit: Here's what equipment I can bring:
-22" HD monitor
-PS2: vintage 2002 (so old, it runs on coal; no network adapter, though)
-DFP: upgraded with racing decals (it's faster, trust me)
-Sound: 15W of Crate power (distortion channel is optional--I can also route it through a delay pedal if you'd like...extra challenge!)
-6x power strip/surge protector (perfect for the inevitable earthquake)
-Various Cables (some might even be compatible with PS2!)
-$6.99 folding chair (with beer accomodations in the armrest)

Last edited:
Women...such meddlers! :P

-PS2: vintage 2002 (so old, it runs on coal; no network adapter, though)
-DFP: upgraded with racing decals (it's faster, trust me)

Cool - I have the one that blew up from burning too much coal, but it has the network adapter, so I guess I'll bring the adapter, at least.

And glad the racing sticker wheel is going to make it, that means I don't have to try and wrestle the old DFP with worn out pedals and no racing stickers away from my friend for the weekend. :dopey:

-Sound: 15W of Crate power (distortion channel is optional--I can also route it through a delay pedal if you'd like...extra challenge!)

Cool! :cool:

I've just thought of a new SFGTP4 event.
Who can get the Polyphony Formula GT to do the best introduction to Pink Floyd's "One Of These Days" using the amp and delay pedal?
lol-031.gif

lol, thats hilarious Nick! My money is on David to win that one. I will bring my traditional 'load':

1 PS2 WITH Network Adapter
1 Ethernet Cable
1 PS2 DS2 Controller
1 Blank Memory Card
1 PS2 Power Cable
1 Power Strip
1 GT4 Game Disc
1 Set Of Standard Definition Cables
1 Jump_Ace 💡

Jerome

itgirlxx
Now now! Be nice! There are women present. ;)
Oh no!!! Cooties!!! *runs away*
Who can get the Polyphony Formula GT to do the best introduction to Pink Floyd's "One Of These Days" using the amp and delay pedal?
lol-031.gif
Not a bad idea, actually. The pedal will feed-back on itself, so you can make a pretty cool noise "song" by playing one note, and fiddling with the knobs for the next 5 minutes...almost feels like you should be on acid. I might bring it, just for fun (the pedal, not acid :D).

Hi Smalls :)

Sorry I'm late getting into this one. If there is still room I would love to be included in this one (after managing to miss all the previous three even though I had registered for two of them).

Let me know if there is room and if there is anything you need me to bring. The 60 inch TV is a little too big for my suitcase (and to be fair GT4 looks pretty bad on a screen that size (but by God you should see GT5:P on it :) ) ) But I have a PS2 (no network adaptor anymore ;) ) as well as a DFP wheel.

/\ Cool, I hope there's room :D I booked my flight yesterday and the punks raised rates $25 bux each way :grumpy: but thats life. I will PM you the flight schedule, but its pretty much the same as its always been the last few times 👍 I'm gonna bring a lil' somethin' for some laughs and pics that I know Kevin (and possibly Nick) would find funny..you might say they would be ROLLIN' on the floor laughing ;)

Jerome

Dude, my car can totally outrun a 737! The WSP, OSP, and CHP can't stop what they can't see :mischievous:. So, instead of Jerome, my passenger seat will be occupied by Red Bull :D.

Hi Smalls :)

Sorry I'm late getting into this one. If there is still room I would love to be included in this one (after managing to miss all the previous three even though I had registered for two of them).

Let me know if there is room and if there is anything you need me to bring. The 60 inch TV is a little too big for my suitcase (and to be fair GT4 looks pretty bad on a screen that size (but by God you should see GT5:P on it :) ) ) But I have a PS2 (no network adaptor anymore ;) ) as well as a DFP wheel.

If you can bring the PS2 & DFP as backup that'd be great!
I'm going to cap attendance at 12 for this event, so hopefully that'll give us 6 complete teams for a 6-way Clio Endurance provided we get 6 full setups (which I don't think is going to be an issue.)

12 people will take some interesting strategising to keep mixing-up in the handicap events, otherwise we'll end up racing the same 6 people every time. I'll have to go and dig out my Maths brain from under all the decomposing alcohol & age deceased braincells and start working something out! :lol:

There could be 12 people? That'd be killer! As far as ensuring we don't race against the same 6 people, the way the pick and mix was setup we all race each other anyway (or close enough) It only seemed in the handicap race that it was the same people on and off toward the end :/ Perhaps we can throw in a traditional race series where everyone is in the same car (we do 5 different car/track combos or however many) and keep points that way. But I'm not sure how to do the rotation for both sets yet...???

Jerome

The Pick'n'Mixes will be easy to shake up the numbers on, but it's obviously going to take longer for each set of cars, and involve quite a bit of sitting off.

The handicaps are difficult since 6 people will race, and 6 people will be off.
The 6 off people should therefore go on in the next race, but that means that the same groups of 6 will stay together throughout.
It's going to require some magical thinking, such as:

1st place drops 2 cars, sits off 2 races.
2nd place drops 1 car, sits off 2 races.
3rd place drops 1 car, sits off 1 race.
4th, 5th & 6th are off 1 race.

But even that raises issues, since we could then end up in scenarios where there's 7 or 8 people that're supposed to be on/off at a time and it'll be horribly complicated to keep track of!!! It's a brainteaser.

10 people max might just work after all!!! :lol:

^We'll just have to make sure there is plenty of beer. Those of us sitting out can make a run to the store if need be :D.

Suggestion: the more people we have, the fewer cars we should have for the handicap events, since it takes longer to move up (down?) the ladder.

^We'll just have to make sure there is plenty of beer. Those of us sitting out can make a run to the store if need be :D.

Suggestion: the more people we have, the fewer cars we should have for the handicap events, since it takes longer to move up (down?) the ladder.

GENIUS! 💡

Whatever you decide on will be great I'm sure Nick :bowdown: All hail the uber admin of SFGTP4! :bowdown:

Jerome

^We'll just have to make sure there is plenty of beer.

Oh, I can take care of that. :D No need to make extra runs, advance purchase is OK. 👍

💡 We could get a (Pony) Keg!

Any special requests, just reply here or PM me.

:cheers:

You know more about beer than me, I'd love to partake in YOUR favorite beer (or atleast the one you can get your hands on) and another of that one you gave me last time, that was uber-good :D (sorry for the off topic Nick)

Jerome

Looks like I have to temporarily drop GT5P all together to even get 'in shape' again for GT4. I have to not race anything for a few days before I switch games, havin' troubles for some reason :indiff:

Jerome

I'll second that one Kevin, good find! Can we puh-leeeease Daddy Nick! haha :drool:

Jerome

My first SFGTP looks like is going to be lots of fun!!!
I'll second the wine...or something else :D I can't do beer
or BYOD?

Bring Your Own Drugs?
Bring Your Own Dad?
Bring Your Own Dog?

I got it nevermind...Bring Your Own Disaster, got it :crazy:

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back