• Weekend of Oct 25/26th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do a 20-lap Escudo Test Course race. :D

just watch out for understeer

And that Spoon @ Opera combo I tried out last time :sly: Good stuff there!

Jerome

How about we make a list of dates that don't work for everyone and go from there?

Jump_Ace - Weekend Of October 11th/12th

EDK - Weekend Of October 11th/12th

Kylehnat - Weekend of October 18th

SimRaceDriver - Weekend Of September 6th/7th

Raz_10 - Weekend Of Sept 6th/7th And The Weekend Of Oct 4th/5th

Just post dates that don't work for you (if I you aren't listed above) and I can keep the list updated for our Killer Hosts! :D

Jerome

Genius! 💡 Thanks for doing that! :cheers:
I'm not available the 4th/5th of October either as I'll be in Baton Rouge, LA for a wedding, so that's definitely out of the question.

itgirlxx is going to be away for the weekend of Sept 27th/28th which might work, but it's sort of short notice for everyone & I need a bit of prep time. :indiff: (Could be done at a push. What do you think?)

@ Jerome: Is there a weekend you're not available but Kevin is? That way we can avoid getting slaughtered by you!!!! :P (Joking, of course! It's always a pleasure to race with you! 👍)

@ Craig: Strongly recommend you acquaint yourself with the tracks you've not WRSed at, just as a way of making less of the races a "journey into the unknown!" It's bad enough that I've devised devious race lineups to get you driving things that you'd not normally touch, but you fare a whole 🤬-load better when you're familiar with a track too! (A certain FPV race at Tsukuba springs to mind! :lol:) A couple of self-imposed WRS style events at locations you've not done before in a reasonably powerful, but easy to handle car, e.g. Honda NSX, should set you up pretty well with a lot of the reverse-direction tracks.

PS3 networking isn't going to work for me as I haven't got one to practice with. We'll stick to what works and hopefully that'll be 6 PS2s running in sweet harmony! :D I've got one, juana b., ceiling_fan, alrivers & EDK all have networkable slimlines, and between SimRaceDriver, Jump_Ace, Kylehnat & raz_10 if we can get 1 more slimline or a networkable-fatty then we're sorted. (Always nice to have a backup though!!!)

What's the thoughts on keeping the Clio Endurance going? Was fun with 5 teams last time, right? Also liked the qualifying format, and would like to try that sort of thing again. Thinking caps on for track/car/tyre combos please (and I'll exclude the 2 combos that we ran last time from being repeated. ;))

Going to update the thread with a Poll now. Please vote accordingly.

I went for November 1st/2nd. There's a possibility of me having to work the weekend of 9/27, and I'll have just gotten back from Hawaii on the weekend of 10/25. To fly or drive (and bring equipment!) is the question, though. I'm betting that the Siskiyous have seen snow in early November, and my car is scared of the white stuff :P. Last year around that time was no problem, however.

Yeah sounds like early November may work or another Halloween weekend like we did last year 👍. I'm gonna be smart this time tho and only take a couple hours in the morning off from work on the following Monday instead of burning a whole day off like previous (just to try and get 8 hours rest).

I haven't played GT4 more than 45 min. since the last time we met so unless I practice, there could be some mix ups :D

Jerome

^Only if you pass Smallhorses and itgirl's rigorous pre-screen interrogation :P. It took sixteen hours and numerous electrical shocks before they finally let me into their home.

FYI, I've just adorned my DFP and pedals with Mazdaspeed insignia. im a tOtAl fAnbOy LOL!!!1 :D
ceiling_fan
We should do a 20-lap Escudo Test Course race. :D
Why the Escudo? I think the 3-wheeled Midget is perfect for that course. With nitrous. BOOM!!! I just thought of one of my qualifying combos.

Last edited:
itgirlxx is going to be away for the weekend of Sept 27th/28th which might work, but it's sort of short notice for everyone & I need a bit of prep time. :indiff: (Could be done at a push. What do you think?)

I'm just a bridge away so I can stop by and help any time, let me know

PS3 networking isn't going to work for me as I haven't got one to practice with. We'll stick to what works and hopefully that'll be 6 PS2s running in sweet harmony! :D I've got one, juana b., ceiling_fan, alrivers & EDK all have networkable slimlines, and between SimRaceDriver, Jump_Ace, Kylehnat & raz_10 if we can get 1 more slimline or a networkable-fatty then we're sorted. (Always nice to have a backup though!!!)

My fatty is networkable

Going to update the thread with a Poll now. Please vote accordingly.

I did not vote as both the 9/27-28 and 10/25-26 are good for me...

@ Jerome: Is there a weekend you're not available but Kevin is? That way we can avoid getting slaughtered by you!!!! :P (Joking, of course! It's always a pleasure to race with you! 👍)

I'm all for that! :dopey: I was happy that I managed to beat Jake ONCE while I was out East on our last LAN event. Not looking forward to trying to pass Jerome again. Maybe we can institute a "no practice" rule for Jerome. :sly:

What's the thoughts on keeping the Clio Endurance going? Was fun with 5 teams last time, right? Also liked the qualifying format, and would like to try that sort of thing again. Thinking caps on for track/car/tyre combos please (and I'll exclude the 2 combos that we ran last time from being repeated. ;))

I would agree on these points, but have additional opinions.

The Clio Endurance - The track last time suited the car well. I'm hoping this was not a mistake, and that you either pre-selected the track or planned to skip past any track that would not suit the car. I'd like to run it again, but on a different track that is still short and suits the car.

The Qualifier - You might want to take a similar approach, with either limiting tire types or limiting the tracks that can be used. The reason being, the qualifier is used to determine teams for the Clio endurance. That's a balanced and sticky car. But if someone selects a combo such as the M5 on N3 tires at Costa di Amalfi for the qualifier, it may not put everyone in the correct division. (No offense, Alex :sly:)

Or - 💡 Maybe we could require the Clio be used and that we only offer qualifier suggestions for the track.

I only bring this up, because I think certain drivers were much better in the Clio combo than they were in the M5 portion of the qualifier. But I will still attend if you choose to ignore my ramblings. :P

/\ No ramblings here mate. I 100% agree with you, we should choose more common cars and tracks (keep practicing Craig!) that we all can more easily push the car to our limits rather than struggle with keeping it in a straight line. That will correspond to our 'divisions' if you will and hopefully iron any kinks/surprises in the Clio race (not that I can complain there, eh? :sly:). Not to say we don't choose a different car, maybe give us better tires to ease the adjustment for our 5 lap efforts in qualy's.

I think I will just show up 'cold' to play and hope that there will be some mixing up and sweet passing involved! 👍 I voted for Nov. 1st/2nd, btw.

Jerome

NO!!!! I wanna be there:D

I voted for Nov. 1st/2nd, btw.

NO!!!! I wanna be there:D

Looks like I need to change my vote to November 1st and 2nd. I was on the fence about which one to vote for and went with the date that was sooner, because I'm excited to do this one again. :dopey:

Don't think I can change my vote, but Nick's a Super Mod, so I'm sure he can fix it. :sly:

I think the qualifiers could be whittled down to 3 laps. People like Jerome only need one lap to match us, and one more to embarrass us :P.

FYI, I've just adorned my DFP and pedals with Mazdaspeed insignia. im a tOtAl fAnbOy LOL!!!1 :D

But are you actually going to use it?!!! :P

Got some more good news, I have now acquired a spare fatty-PS2 network adaptor, (Muchos Thankyouness to DaveS1138 for that! :cheers:) so if Strop or Kylehnat can bring their fatties, then we're looking good for a 6-way session (with backups since raz_10 is also networkable!)

Good suggestions on the qualifiers and the Clio Endurance, but I'm going, as ever, to keep most things close to my chest regarding car selection and track selection for the enduro, but hopefully I can come up with something good that hasn't been done at an SFGTP or UKGTP before, and I may try to co-ordinate with Venari on the venue.
I will state, as I have before, that it's worth familiarising yourselves with pretty much every tarmac course in forward and reverse directions as I cannot guarantee anyone a particular car/course combo except for the enduro, due to the dynamic nature of our racing setup. :)
(Test Curse, Super Speedway and the grainy-Fuji tracks are definitely out though, as are the 3 Special Conditions tracks, Costa D'Amalfi, Citta Di Aria & George V Paris since they don't allow 6 cars on track)

I think as far as qualifiers go, I'll see what the bias of events turns out like and if it's more road-car biased like SFGTP3 was, then we'll have a "race-car/race-tyres" only bias to our qualifying submissions. If on the other hand we end up with mainly race-car based handicaps & Pick'n'Mixes, then we'll set out to get "road car/road or sports tyres" for our enduro qualifier.
I don't want to ban road tyres for submission as they can be fun, and I actually quite enjoyed wrestling the M5 on N3s round Costa D'Amalfi!

So far in 3 events we've driven 91 of the available cars in GT4, and with the exception of the Clio Race Car, I'd like to try and avoid repeating any, so we'll have about 620 additional possibilites to go at!

I'm thinking the 1st weekend in November is looking most favourable at the moment, with 4 real votes and a 5th if we change Kevin's (which I could do, but won't! :P) and several "any times" from others. This also gives me plenty of preparation time too! :sly:

I think the qualifiers could be whittled down to 3 laps. People like Jerome only need one lap to match us, and one more to embarrass us :P.

OK but can you at least take the blindfold off me this time? jk's, jk's.

Jerome

Got some more good news, I have now acquired a spare fatty-PS2 network adaptor, (Muchos Thankyouness to DaveS1138 for that! :cheers:) so if Strop or Kylehnat can bring their fatties, then we're looking good for a 6-way session (with backups since raz_10 is also networkable!)

Sorry but my fatty (must we call it that :-~~~~~~~~~~~) is now in the hands of a nice girl in Florida, courtesy of Ebay. And yes, I agree that practicing the tracks would make for much better racing but I'm afraid the trolls are keeping me too busy right now for much of any kind of racing (and there are three of them and only one of me). Maybe I could just park them at Jerome's for say ... a week before the event ... and that should even things out a bit for all of us :D

Maybe I could just park them at Jerome's for say ... a week before the event ... and that should even things out a bit for all of us :D

Jerome has a new bride to keep him busy. :P :lol:

Well due to me being an idiot I clicked on the wrong poll button. I really meant to click on the November one. I hope I can actually make this one. Things I can bring include: PS2, copy of Gt4, Fully unlocked memory card, 7 inch LCD screen attached to PS2, and One controller.

Hey there, welcome and be sure to PM Smallhorses you are interested in attending 👍 I dunno about you guys but I would take the 13" tv any day over the 7" attachable ps2 screen, haha.

Jerome

I dunno about you guys but I would take the 13" tv any day over the 7" attachable ps2 screen, haha.

Like I said before, I won a race on the 13" screen and my worn out old DFP with intermittent pedal issues, so I'm definitely with you on that one. :P

Small screen + shake + New York = FAIL. I wasn't sure which colorful patch I should aim the car at for most of the race.

EDK
Like I said before, I won a race on the 13" screen and my worn out old DFP with intermittent pedal issues, so I'm definitely with you on that one. :P

Have you tried to fix those issues?
If not, and you don't mind dropping them by here sometime before the event, I'll happily dismantle and refurbish them for you. I've had to do it repeatedly with my old blue-DF wheel and a couple of times with my DFP too. It's mostly a matter of getting the wires seated correctly, the dust cleaned out of there and the potentiometers re-seated correctly.

Well due to me being an idiot I clicked on the wrong poll button. I really meant to click on the November one. I hope I can actually make this one. Things I can bring include: PS2, copy of Gt4, Fully unlocked memory card, 7 inch LCD screen attached to PS2, and One controller.

A blank memory card is better, as we'll just clone a pre-prepared LAN gamesave onto it on raceday.
Backing up and deleting valuable gamesaves takes a little extra time and throws me open to a little liability in case they get corrupted, so I prefer not to do it if possible. ;)

However, with 7 votes in for November 1/2 the date for SFGTP4 is confirmed! (Time for ceiling_fan to update the banner! :D)

Last edited:
Have you tried to fix those issues?
If not, and you don't mind dropping them by here sometime before the event, I'll happily dismantle and refurbish them for you. I've had to do it repeatedly with my old blue-DF wheel and a couple of times with my DFP too. It's mostly a matter of getting the wires seated correctly, the dust cleaned out of there and the potentiometers re-seated correctly.

I've eliminated my problems with the old DFP, yes. I sold it to a friend for a very low amount with the understanding of the intermittent pedal issues up front and I loaned him my copy of GT3. I had already made the shift paddle repair and did not feel like making another. :guilty: Don't think I will have it for the event. I'll still bring my Slimline PS2 (In Silver :D), 37' Flatscreen (In Silver :D) and my G25 and Playseat (In Black and Silver :D). And you have my spare memory card. Hopefully another racer will have a wheel to bring. Maybe Kyle can bring the one with the Mazdaspeed Stickers. :dopey:

Well it looks like I got the time off work so that Kyle and I can carpool down Friday and return Monday. I'm having second thoughts about not practicing tho, I think I am now just a little, heheh :sly: I am planning on bringing my setup too if you think we can use it Nick, plus I can bring a bulky 27" TV if necessary, (if it will fit, but Kyle said he can bring a TV too, plus the other 'regular' stuff) just let me know. I can't wait to see y'all again and hopefully a couple new guys.

Jerome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back