Shootings and explosions in Paris.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 915 comments
I'm talking about the TGV train crash.
Don't you find this strange that the test driver exceeded the speed limit so carelessly in this very day?
No. Until we see evidence to the contrary, it's just coincidence.

From CNN.com

I find this pathetic. Is this what Americans need to be upset about these tragic events. "Screw the other 128 people, an American was killed! Get the pickup trucks!"

I find that quote rather distasteful.
It's routine for the embassy to determine and report casualties from their own countries as soon as possible. Our own national network the CBC, is already reporting that our new PM has been briefed that no Canadians were targeted or involved in the attack based on what is known at this point.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-paris-attacks-1.3318791

I completely understand that. But I still find it disgusting that this is the highlighted headline. They post it like that one dead is supposed to mean something more than the other 128 here in America.
Belgian news headlines also reported about the 2 people from Belgium that were among the victims. Nothing different then what America was doing.

From CNN.com

I find this pathetic. Is this what Americans need to be upset about these tragic events. "Screw the other 128 people, an American was killed! Get the pickup trucks!"

Happens in every country, you got to keep in mind that the news is focused on your area and the people watching will likely want to know if anyone they knew got involved.

But I still find it disgusting that this is the highlighted headline. They post it like that one dead is supposed to mean something more than the other 128 here in America.

I understand your viewpoint, but at the same time, our country's news agencies are going to put an emphasis on the effect of the attacks on our people.

I completely understand that. But I still find it disgusting that this is the highlighted headline. They post it like that one dead is supposed to mean something more than the other 128 here in America.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Most major news networks have gone into a 24hrs binge mode showing the same things over and over at this point. In order to keep viewers glued to the TV they need to keep flashing "BREAKING NEWS" as often as possible

Just media being media

DK
Good ol' right-wing clickbait. Yes, it's dumb to complain that a terrorist attack is overshadowing complaints of racism, it's also dumb to complain about complaints of racism.
Their complaints are incredibly insensitive though. This isn't really about racism, it's about them not even giving a 🤬 that a worldwide tragedy has just taken place and selfishly seeking attention for their own personal issues.

The amount of Facebook pages posting about this tragedy only to boost their likes, shares, and public image is so frustrating. A bunch of my friends are falling for it too. :grumpy:

The amount of Facebook pages posting about this tragedy only to boost their likes, shares, and public image is so frustrating. A bunch of my friends are falling for it too. :grumpy:

This is just the state of now though isn't it? Facts and events can all be secondary to politics and popularity. The media do it for the same reason. If it is a story that won't make people click their site or watch their channel, or is not in line with their political views, they will not mention it. It is sick.

Edit: Or, like @McLaren said, they could be genuine, which I am sure a whole bunch are!

Last edited:
Or maybe some of these pages actually care & send their condolences? It's all in the context of how they're sharing. I've seen plenty just sending their thoughts.

But it's less than 1% that are terrorists.

Also, the amount of lives saved by letting in refugees is higher than the amount killed in the Paris attacks.
So our governments are putting our own people's lives at risk to save different nationalities from the middle east? Im sorry but that does not sit right with me. There job is to protect us not others.

So our governments are putting our own people's lives at risk to save different nationalities from the middle east? Im sorry but that does not sit right with me. There job is to protect us not others.

No. ISIS are, like Al Qaueueueaada, well organised and well funded. Anybody who genuinely believes that mass migration movement is a good way to perform precision insertion of terror cells is probably the kind of person who buys the Daily Mirror*.

*Already barking mad.

Good question, and one I don't know.

Of course if it was it changes the complexion of the execution somewhat - I believe that the US has declared war "on terror" (whatever that means) and the person in question is not a US citizen and not protected by the Constitution. But then Al-Sawlaki and his son both were and that didn't make much difference at the time.Actually we do. It's in the Geneva Convention.

Yeh, looks like it was, although we were helping.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34805924

One of them was a radicalised Parisian, who already was on the French police radar? since 2010, with 8 previous convictions under his belt.

I say, they weren't really keeping an eye on him if this could happen.

Edit.

One of them seemed to be an Egyptian, and another, they think, was a woman.

Sounds like they turned themselves into gore puzzles.

Edit 2.

French Prime Minister Valls has said that France is at war. Not only will the exterminate their enemies in France but also in Syria and Iraq.

He also will make sure that every single radicalised Imam will be deported ASAP.

Last edited:
No french flag yet on your profile pic? :)

I know the "profile pic change" thing is to show solidarity, but I'm not going to pretend like I care, then completely forget about what happened two months later and change the picture back to the original one. I feel awful for the victims, but the tragedy does not personally affect me or anyone in my family. If it did, then I would change it.

This is just the state of now though isn't it? Facts and events can all be secondary to politics and popularity. The media do it for the same reason. If it is a story that won't make people click their site or watch their channel, or is not in line with their political views, they will not mention it. It is sick.

Edit: Or, like @McLaren said, they could be genuine, which I am sure a whole bunch are!
Or maybe some of these pages actually care & send their condolences? It's all in the context of how they're sharing. I've seen plenty just sending their thoughts.

The pages I'm talking about in particular are the ones that steal content from others, label it as their own, and pretend like they aren't doing anything wrong. Some pages get paid through promotions "Hey guys! There's this FREE app out you should try called...!" or sponsored by putting a product into their Vines (No disclosure either, but that's a rant for another day). Then, there's the ones who immediately jump onto a tragedy and send out the "1 like = 1 pray" posts you always see. Those make my blood boil because they are exploiting the suffering and kindness of others (Albeit, gullible kindness for thinking a "like" will solve the problems of a tragedy) to gain attention for their page.

I really wonder what the EU will do now, both on counter terrorism as handling the mess that is the refugee crisis.
More money and means to the secret services is the only thing i can think of, and i doubt it will prevent further attacks happening next year.

I'm talking about the TGV train crash.
Don't you find this strange that the test driver exceeded the speed limit so carelessly in this very day?

No... sadly accidents do happen during testing, particularly in high speed tests. If it had happened near to Paris on an actual train service then it might make more sense to suspect a bomb. I think this was just a sad coincidence.

A Brit was also killed, we're seeing a similar thing here.

I really wonder what the EU will do now, both on counter terrorism as handling the mess that is the refugee crisis.

What a strange pair of subjects to mention as a concern.

DK
Good ol' right-wing clickbait. Yes, it's dumb to complain that a terrorist attack is overshadowing complaints of racism, it's also dumb to complain about complaints of racism.
Can't complain that it is click bait if it is absolutely true. The fact that they deleted their tweets either speaks that they got some common sense drilled into them or it was a political hot potato that they grabbed.

Can't complain that it is click bait if it is absolutely true. The fact that they deleted their tweets either speaks that they got some common sense drilled into them or it was a political hot potato that they grabbed.
Considering it's radical SJW's we're talking about, the most likely scenario is that they tried weaseling their way out of trouble after realizing Twitter's not a very 'safe zone' for controversial opinions.

More money and means to the secret services is the only thing i can think of, and i doubt it will prevent further attacks happening next year.

They should clean out the country

* Illégal -> out
* foreign nationality and known by police -> out
* dual nationality and known by police -> loose french nationality and out
* french nationality only and known by police -> justice France
* Borders closed
* very strict migration and refuge control
* Close all mosks that pray hatred
* Imams that pray hatred -> out
* send in the military in the banlieue to clean out the mess (police doesn't even dare to go there anymore)
* immigrants that arrive and don't want to adapt -> out
* Syria go'ers -> loose nationality no entry on french soil
* Migrants have 1 year for learning basic french. If test is not passed -> out
* not speaking language and no job -> out
* family réunion only possible under certain conditions
* start to protect your proper population that stand for the values of France ( no matter what nationality)
* end the EU the way it is now
* Sovereign European countries
* and lots more

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the muslim brothers and sisters of UAE, Saudi Arabia & Yemen & Oman are not opening their borders for Syrian refugee's?

The same question that has been asked lately in many mosques and by many Imams here in the UK. However, whilst I can speculate as to why they do not I cannot say because I simply do not know for certain. Possibly political, as usual? Nevertheless, they SHOULD be helping, regardless of whether the refugees are Muslim or not.

They are baiting and it seems to be working. Closing the be orders to Syrian refugees is what they want, for what they want is too kill ex Muslims, homosexuals, and even moderate Muslims.

Back