Shootings and explosions in Paris.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 915 comments
- Eagles of Death Metal, the band that was slated to play during the Paris terror attacks, did have one of their own killed during the attack. According to media reports, the band's Merchandise Manager was among the 89 dead at the concert hall.

- Yahoo is reporting that at least one, and possibly a second, attacker entered France by way of Greece. French authorities have asked their Greek counterparts to run fingerprints found at one of the sites (one set was found at the scene, and another was found on a Syrian passport near one of the terrorists).

The Greek Minister of Citizen Protection did confirm that one of the men entered by way of the Greek island of Leros in October, a common entry point for Syrian refugees wishing to enter Europe.

- The same Yahoo article puts the death toll at the bataclan concert hall at 89.

- The Guardian is reporting that one of the dead terrorists as Omar Ismaïl Mostefai. He was identified by way of a finger found at the Bataclan scene.

- The Guardian is also reporting that the attacks are coordinated by seven men over three teams.

- The Guardian is reporting that Belgium police conducted raids in Brussels, making an unknown number of arrests. The paper is reporting that at least three was arrested at the Belgian border.

- The count of the injured stands at 352. Of that number, 99 are critically injured. (The Guardian)

- Seven attackers were killed. All but one was by way of a homicide vest. (The Guardian)

- The connection to Brussels was a discarded parking ticket in a VW Polo found abandoned near the Bataclan concert hall.

- The Guardian is also confirming (and disproving the Washington Post) that there is six attack sites. All six were hit.

Sources:

http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-linke...102.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=fb

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...nvestigation-continues-live-updates?CMP=fb_gu

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/15/parking-ticket-paris-attacks-police-belgium-molenbeek

The date of the attack may have been rooted in historical significance.

Wikipedia
The Occupation of Constantinople took place in accordance with the Armistice of Mudros [signed on 31 October 1918], ending the Ottoman participation in World War I. The occupation had two stages: the initial occupation took place from 13 November 1918 to 16 March 1920; from 16 March 1920 – Treaty of Sevres.

The dissolution of the Ottoman Empire bears some significance because that empire, formed in the 1400's, WAS the Islamic State (Caliphate) of that time, and 13 November 1918 was the date that any foreign power occupied Constantinople, the capital of the caliphate.

History lesson over

I'll cross post this in the ISIS thread, but this was Hillary two days ago at a campaign stop in New Hampshire in a formal declaration of War :

Reuters
"If you have a declaration of war, you'd better have a budget that backs it up."

Sadly, the saying that a blind squirrel can find a nut every once and a while applies here.

Well, usually the word homo is used for gay people. And every human being alive is part of the homo sapiens species.
Exactly the point i was trying to make...

Why would the word be exclusively associated to the LGBT...

These homos (not the gays) are not humans....

Exactly the point i was trying to make...

Why would the word be exclusively associated to the LGBT...

These homos (not the gays) are not humans....

You missed badly, I think, I'd give up now ;)

Elsewhere... the man who caused the alert at Gatwick Airport yesterday has been charged with possession of a knife and an air rifle. Police say that a controlled explosion was carried out on a package as part of the alert. Still no word on whether this is somehow related to the Paris attacks, I just mention it here as it initially seemed likely. BBC.

Some articles standing up for the Gulf States countries ask why there is no backlash against the Eastern Asian countries or Russia not taking in large share of refugees.
Regarding Russia, I can say that nothing is stopping the refugees to come here. A small number already stays in North Caucasus (mostly, they are Armenian and Ossetian origin Syrians), but most go north to Murmansk region, buy a bicycle there and move to Norway (that requires to cross its border on any vehicle).

The reasons why they don't prefer Russia to stay are:

1. They believe that Europe will offer them much higher standard of living;
2. Russian government does not pay them social benefit for doing nothing, they'll have to work to survive here;
3. Climate. May be too cold for southern people (not for those who head to Norway, though)
4. Language barrier. Not many people speak English here, but in Europe, they can communicate in English that they know at least a little. Russian is pretty hard to learn (if your native language is not any Slavic one).

[sorry for going a bit off the topic though]

I was driving home last night as all of this was unfolding and only really had BBC Radio 5 Live as a companion. I kept having to switch it off.

For some reason the producers of BBC Radio 5 Live seemed to think that the way to respond to a terrorist event was not to report on it, but to abandon all normal programming and devote 100% of air time to nothing but discussion and speculation, feeding in half-truth reports without any fact-checking and, worst of all, occasionally cutting to speak to British people holed up in restaurants in Paris to ask them how scared they are.

It's a terrorist event. It's an event intended to cause terror. A national radio station is spreading fear and uncertainty and broadcasting, live, exactly how terrified people are.

Well done, you colossal squadron of nob-lords.

Is 5 Live as bad as Sky?

12219441_10153335839197956_2116354891171042314_n.jpg

Please explain why you seem to think that it is the only plan.
Why would I explain something I never said?

And just in case no one has mentioned it:

French official: One suicide bomber entered EU by hiding in tide of refugees

At least one of the terrorists who attacked civilians in Paris on Friday entered the European Union hidden among the wave of refugees arriving on European shores. One of three bombers who detonated himself at the Stade de France late Friday arrived on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 among numerous Syrian refugees, CNN's Christiane Amanpour reported, citing an unnamed French senator who was briefed by the Ministry of the Interior.

The man declared himself to be Syrian, said his name was Ahmad al Mohammad and was, under new procedures set up to help refugees, issued a new emergency passport.

Last edited:
Why would I explain something I never said?

And just in case no one has mentioned it:

French official: One suicide bomber entered EU by hiding in tide of refugees

He was part of a party of 69, if the story can be confirmed (the interior ministry has refused to). It still can't be said that he was a terrorist when he left - we know that the refugee centres are a target for Islamic extremists.

On another note, the stadium plan itself seems a little amateurish - the first bomber's belt was detected at the entrance (as you'd expect) so he blew himself up there. The other bomber didn't even try to get in and simply detonated at another entrance. Pawns, methinks.

If we one bad apple from hundreds of thousands of refugees causes terrorism, then the problem is akin to...

...one mass-murderer out of millions who play video games.
...one maniac who causes vehicular homicide out of millions of drivers.
...one nutjob who claims "the dog made me to it" out of millions of people who ignore thousands of barking dogs.

Ad hoc fallacies: the only renewable energy source!

I don't think the if "everyone had guns" scenario works in darkened places packed with lots of people. Unless we all want to play Desert Storm with night vision goggles, armed, and paying attention to everything else but the intention of having a good time for every freaking place we'd rather enjoy a good time. That argument wonks wonders for places like your own home and in remote places, which isn't how terrorists like this work their evil, because they'd be picked off in equal numbers.

Last edited:
On another note, the stadium plan itself seems a little amateurish - the first bomber's belt was detected at the entrance (as you'd expect) so he blew himself up there. The other bomber didn't even try to get in and simply detonated at another entrance. Pawns, methinks.
And they picked the time that had the least impact on those at the game.

Oh, 🤬 :eek:
Remember Battlefield 3?
YAiEk0OvuHU.jpg

If somebody haven't played:
terrorists blew a nuclear bomb in Paris.

Something has just happened again in Paris, reports of a loud bang at the place de republique but it has not been confirmed. Channel 4 were live on air when suddenly there was panic and police sirens followed.

Everyone is VERY jumpy, any slight bang and people are panicking.

Last edited:
o-ABDESLAM-SALAH-facebook.jpg

He seems to be the one who got away. Born in Brussels, and now on the run.
An international arrest warrant has been issued.

Do people not think that a terrorist organization will not use an easy route to do their job?
Passports can be obtained from cities in Syria that ISIS controls. They control the city,and the passport office.

There was one more guy heading to Paris, he was stopped in Germany. He had explosives, pistols and 8 AK-47's in his car, and handwritten address in Paris..

There was one more guy heading to Paris, he was stopped in Germany. He had explosives, pistols and 8 AK-47's in his car, and handwritten address in Paris..
Might be a bit irrelevant, but:
Regarding that arrested man in Belgium, a few days ago, a man from Montenegro was arrested by the German border police. He was transporting
- 8 AK-47 assault rifles
- 2 pistols
- 1 revolver
- 2 grenades
- 200 grams of TNT

If he is somewhat related to the terror attacks in Paris (e.g. he speficially wanted to go to Paris) has yet to be proven, though.

The official statement (in German though):
View attachment 479778
:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back