Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not agreeing with my point is one thing, ignoring the point is another.

Did PD ever fix that? What percentage of people used the cheat?

I have no idea what PD will do about hybrids online, it's their game and they will do what they do regardless of what we may say/think on these boards.

If my hard work on a seasonal tt was robbed I would be pissed off indeed, loosing in a lobby not so much. I give the whole a bit more credit then some here, it should not surprise you if I said I don't own or use hybrids. I don't play the game anymore either but if I did I would not cheat. Most likely I would clown around with the code myself and build whatever I wanted to, I'd even take those creations into a lobby.

So what?

I never played prologue so I couldn't tell you. With regards to this whole thing ultimately I don't really care, even when I did still play GT5 the only online I ever did was shuffle or equal cars so it wouldn't have affected me anyway. I just procrastinate a lot and like a debate I guess.

How does that rule out the HP and weight system? Cant see why that wouldnt still be applicable?

Because it doesn't work. I can line up next to you in an identical looking street car, fit into the HP and Weight regs and have front and rear downforce you don't have and you'll never know. My car will look like yours, sound like yours, be the same weight and HP, and I'll destroy you in the corners. Or if I'm smart, just stay a second or two ahead and win without trying so I don't get punted.

Because it doesn't work. I can line up next to you in an identical looking street car, fit into the HP and Weight regs and have front and rear downforce you don't have and you'll never know. My car will look like yours, sound like yours, be the same weight and HP, and I'll destroy you in the corners. Or if I'm smart, just stay a second or two ahead and win without trying so I don't get punted.

If a car is blatantly obviously quicker through the corners, thats where the 3rd option comes in: Kick Function. If they are repeatedly quick enough to stay just ahead and not be noticed without changing car: Ask them to change car or kick them. There are fairly simple solutions to use here, yet everyone seems too uptight to get over it and deal with it. Cop it on the chin and work around it or dont play online and whinge and whine. Yes, not everyone may be ok with this, but there arent many other options available here to allow online play that wont be disrupted by hybrids.

Well that's not very fair. I've been in countless rooms where I was accused of having a hacked car because I was apparently going through corners at unreal rates (note: before this hacking scene started up) and was kicked even though it was fully legitimate. You just never know in that sort of situation.

Why should everyone bend over backwards for these cheaters?

The only reason I can think of is to shut them up.

Why should everyone bend over backwards for these cheaters?

The only reason I can think of is to shut them up.

Option A: Learn to live with it and work around it with what tools we have.

Option B: Continually have your online experience "ruined" by hybrids by trying to rid of them.

Option C: Dont play online.

These are what I see to be the 3 options until it gets fixed, if it gets fixed.

Option A: Learn to live with it and work around it with what tools we have.

Option B: Continually have your online experience "ruined" by hybrids by trying to rid of them.

Option C: Dont play online.

These are what I see to be the 3 options until it gets fixed, if it gets fixed.

Option 4 - We could all hybrid pace cars, turn the flashing lights on and continually ram every other hybrid we can find.

See, everybody loses.

Because I can then set pp regs, and he would be kicked for the added pp.

Just like the police, when they see someone driving an illegally modified vehicle. Is that the police's fault as well?

Too bad we cant hack some ammunition onto the tank car.

Police can't shoot at a speeding car, or ram it above a certain speed.

Hei

Any evidence to prove this? I tried to google but can't find any relevant information.

Just like the police, when they see someone driving an illegally modified vehicle. Is that the police's fault as well?

Too bad we cant hack some ammunition onto the tank car.

I'm going to assume you are 1/2 joking, in that case...

:lol:

Making realistic swaps and tunes... it's the best experience I've had in GT5 in months.

PD should add engine swaps, etc in GT6.

But the absurd stuff, like 20.000hp cars are just plain stupid and idiotic.

Hei

Word on the street is that many of these hacked car parts were stolen, then illegally imported from Japan.

That's a Federal offense.

If a car is blatantly obviously quicker through the corners, thats where the 3rd option comes in: Kick Function. If they are repeatedly quick enough to stay just ahead and not be noticed without changing car: Ask them to change car or kick them. There are fairly simple solutions to use here, yet everyone seems too uptight to get over it and deal with it. Cop it on the chin and work around it or dont play online and whinge and whine. Yes, not everyone may be ok with this, but there arent many other options available here to allow online play that wont be disrupted by hybrids.

So if i understand your logic, kicking me lately would been a good option because i was faster than most people on 550pp races?

hybrids make it even more fun to go into those Nur PP rooms that have the same 3 or 4 cars being used by everyone every race and destroying them in something completely random, that's what i call a ringer :)

The way the system is set up any host can kick any player for whatever reason they feel, that is how it is and it has zero to do with hybrids.

I know you will say if there was not the possibility that you where in one you would not be kicked but we both know that is not true.

So if i understand your logic, kicking me lately would been a good option because i was faster than most people on 550pp races?

If it were my lobby, had you been changing cars frequently and still being consistently quick, No, I wouldnt kick you.

If, however, you had stayed in a single car and repeatedly winning, no matter what everyone else was using, I would first ask you to change cars to see that you arent cheating. If you refused, Id assume you were cheating and give the boot. If you changed and still were consistently quick, Id change the PP, tyre regs etc around a bit to mix it up, but Id believe you werent cheating.

Unless Id have sufficient reason to believe you were using a car that circumvented the regs, I wouldnt kick. Am I making sense?

Option 4 - We could all hybrid pace cars, turn the flashing lights on and continually ram every other hybrid we can find.

See, everybody loses.

Hybrid to destroy hybrids?

So you're doing something that, apparently, you don't like so that you can annoy others for doing something you don't like?

Any evidence to prove this? I tried to google but can't find any relevant information.

Ashley%20Continuum.jpg

From what I know, you have to meet certain criteria before certain actions are used against the criminal in question. They can't open fire until certain criteria occur.

http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Ashley/reducing_the_risks_of_police_pursuit.htm

These are mainly studies, but I'm actually trying to find a police pursuit protocol manual atm.

That is just a bad joke. People like you are why obnoxious and unnecessary arguments start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back