Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing is I made another account to put all my hybrids on. So my main is safe. But i'll properly stay in a private lobby with my mate just to be on the safe side

spikeyhairdude
Best thing is I made another account to put all my hybrids on. So my main is safe. But i'll properly stay in a private lobby with my mate just to be on the safe side

Thats what I did to be safe.

I wouldn't take em online at all atm. Atleast not until we find out what EXACTLY is going on.

Well this is good news & bad news.
The Bad: No more engine swaps, chassis swaps or extreme camber
The Good: PD hasn't completely forgot about GT5
Yay for continued support!

Well this is good news & bad news.
The Bad: No more engine swaps, chassis swaps or extreme camber
The Good: PD hasn't completely forgot about GT5
Yay for continued support!

I think it has to do with the time trials not them in general

Well I'm not exactly keen on going out into public lobbies with a hybrid now after their announcement.

Like Ice Cube said "If you scared go to church"

yet i say that but i wouldn't go into a seasonal drift trial or time trial

I've never used a hybrid car to cheat, I only ever drift (and not in any competitive season drifts either) :P surely that be ok.

But still, private lounges only now !

I've never used a hybrid car to cheat, I only ever drift (and not in any competitive season drifts either) :P surely that be ok.

But still, private lounges only now !
Same here i never would use them in drift/time trials and i only have one car that is a hybrid.
But Lock, you never know when people report you..

I am not really concerned honestly. The rooms i go into we don't really have a problem with that.

I just hope they see that a part of the "hackers" don't ruin the experience of others.
Some people make those hybrids to piss off people, it's good that they do something about that.
But the people that do it just to have fun (without annoying others) aren't a problem in my opinion.
They have more fun with the game, because of the hacking and no other people get mad...
The people that make "realistic hybrids" make the game better I think.
So, they should only ban the people that make unrealistic hybrids with way too much power.

I just hope they see that a part of the "hackers" don't ruin the experience of others.
Some people make those hybrids to piss off people, it's good that they do something about that.
But the people that do it just to have fun (without annoying others) aren't a problem in my opinion.
They have more fun with the game, because of the hacking and no other people get mad...
The people that make "realistic hybrids" make the game better I think.
So, they should only ban the people that make unrealistic hybrids with way too much power.

Hacking is still hacking. It's like stealing money from a bank and saying "oh it's ok, i'm giving it to the poor so it's ok!" - that's still stealing.

Furinkazen
Hacking is still hacking. It's like stealing money from a bank and saying "oh it's ok, i'm giving it to the poor so it's ok!" - that's steal stealing.

How are hybrids stealing?

I like the idea that PD is fighting against hacked cars, but I wish it could only be for the overpowered, insane models (i.e. 100,000+hp Red Bull x2010).

Realistic hack cars (i.e. 1000hp Impreza STi, 200hp 68' Fiat 500, etc.) shouldn't really be banned as they don't really ruin the experience, as realistic hacks actually improves the variety of cars on the track without going overkill.

I've seen 1100hp Realistic Hack GT-Rs race closely with a Non-Hack Max-Tuned Bugatti Veyron on Route X, now that sounds fair. It's not like a Insane Hack 25000hp Fiat 500 obliterating a Non-Hack Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel at Route X, that is humiliating (and would be disgracing PD/Redbull's special collab creation)!

If engine & drivetrain swaps were added to GT5 in the first place, PD would just need to focus only on those with the insanely overpowered setups.

Please PD, let the realistic tuning hacks be, just take out the insanely overpowered 100k HP Red Bull X2011s, 30k HP Daihatsu Midgets and 400k HP VW Schimmwagens. You would save your game, while keeping more players happy.

How are hybrids stealing?

No, saying people "hacking, oh but it's ok because we do this" , it's trying to justify something that is ultimately still, the same thing. Hacking is still hacking, stealing is still stealing, i'm saying no matter how much you dress something up the underlying meaning is the same.

Furinkazen
No, saying people "hacking, oh but it's ok because we do this" , it's trying to justify something that is ultimately still, the same thing. Hacking is still hacking, stealing is still stealing, i'm saying no matter how much you dress something up the underlying meaning is the same.

So your saying its still wrong if someone left it offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back