Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomasss95
What can people do with this secret menu?
Note: I don't want to know how, neither do I want to try it!

I had heard its similar to the gt5p menu.

What can people do with this secret menu?
Note: I don't want to know how, neither do I want to try it!

The special menu is what should have been there since day one.
It allows you to choose the cars you want to race against in Arcade mode.
So for example you can decide to race only against MInis without SRF.
Why is that feature hidden? only PD knows, although with the way they are acting lattely there might be light but I do not think there is any body home. LOL
I understand you will never use that very subvertive special option, neither will I, I am way too afraid of PD police and the vigilante on GT Planet.

Well it only took them what, 3 or 4 months? Before they started handing out bans. (Anyone from here been banned yet?)
I wonder how much money they lost from all the people activating DLC's without paying for them. (IMO it was stupid for PD to include DLC in patchs and put it on your save data without even being payed for, they deserve every penny lost if they couldn't foresee people hacking it and activating it for free.)

Im a programmer and from a programming point of view they were asking to get the save games hacked, its a stupid way of going abut things, im just amazed that no one did it sooner, anyway ill be pleased to see the back of the hybrids, when all you want is a fair race its one less thing to worry about.

If modders get banned simply for modding, this is bad business in time when even the most elite of developers are being shuttered. The law of diminishing returns is upon us. What can GT6 provide that is SO essential to my life that I must have it if I still have gt5 to mess around with and an endless supply of cars to mod?

Plain and simple, my view is that I have done nothing harmful to the franchise so if I am retaliated against, I will counter with my wallet.

If accounts start being banned en masse, I can see sales being affects greatly.

Sony, Polyphony, and their legal team should keep in mind that all things come to an end. For a stagnating franchise, shooting yourself in the foot is not advisable.

I have nothing but 500 and 550 cars and I have received nothing but positive feedback about them. I don't use them to gain an unfair advantage. I use them because they are fun.

I have been reading all kinds of threads for the last few hours...
A lot of people say thet only ban the people that use hybrids in Seasonals etc.
Do you guys think if you drive online in a open drift lobby with a hybrid that I will get banned?

They can collect data from both online TT's and lobbies , it will depend how far they want to go, either keep the integrity of the TT's and let people use them in open rooms or just wipe them out tottaly.

Well.. I have my back-up from before when I started hybriding.It was fun while it lasted.Guess il just hybrid on another account offline.. Only reason mine where online any way was to share them, never took any of mine in online lobbies.

I don't think this PD stunt will be a problem, since it's very hard to track this hybrid, there's no way PD can access our save game, unless someone reported your PSN name, and they will try to look even further, until then, i can say it is safe to have hybrid, just keep out from online lobbies.

Secondly, what if people sending you a car, a realistic hybrid maybe, without you knowing that it is a hybrid, and you keep it, not knowing that it is a hybrid? It's unfair to ban such people for being innocence..

All in all, stay out from online lobbies.

Hybrids are not realistic IMO,no matter what the tune or lap time tells you.hex editor GT5 edition thats what hybriding did to this game.

TouGeMonster33
Hybrids are not realistic IMO,no matter what the tune or lap time tells you.hex editor GT5 edition thats what hybriding did to this game.

Hex editor?

So just swapping a motor, nothing else, like I do in some cars is not realistic at all?

Really? How did your hybrid turn out? How can you have an informed opinion based on hearsay?

I thought it was shady until I tried it.

Voodoovaj
Really? How did your hybrid turn out? How can you have an informed opinion based on hearsay?

I thought it was shady until I tried it.

Same here its not just editing its swapping motors transmissions etc.

Theres so much that goes into a chassis swap or engine swap for that matter just asking that seems dumb.Do you actually get to tune corner weight,tire size,engine weight.Cmon now guys if you enjoy hybrids because you get to do what you want thats cool,but to say there are some realistic hybrids just because of some codes you use is retarted in my opinion.Im a Honda guy and i would love to swap engines in GT5 like in real life,but i wouldn't feel comfortable if PD wasnt the company that made it available to use in the game.

Sorry, but this game is just codes that is what it is. Every car has a grip multiplier and tires are nothing but grip multipliers. I like the Hybrids I have made. My Gt500, ZL-1, my ideal R34, and many others I have made feel really good and have had a lot of work into them. More than just entering code here and there. Maybe you should try a few before you pass judgement.

YEEOWCH.

Teh Banstick.

I mean, sure; the people that were bollocksing it up for the online racers with ridiculous tunes are no better than the early noobs bringing in X-1's, and racing the wrong way on the tracks.

I feel sorry for the people who were only tuning cosmetically / sensibly, though, and who were otherwise keeping to themselves.

C'est la vie.

Time to take my money to Forza. I'll happily buy Forza 4 and Forza Horizon. Good thing my brother has a xbox 360.

Wow your right didnt realize they may have grip multipler in real life.lmao Really so having a grip multipler makes up for all the other important information i posted before?Corner weight etc etc.Im not saying its easy or thats there are simple steps or that you cant actually tune them.Simply saying there are no realistic hybrids because PD is not in charge of it.Basiclly what im saying is if PD didnt put this option in the game why would i trust some Hex editing/chassis/transmission/engine swaps.And than think you have a realistic hybrid.REALLY...,,,,,your just lying to yourselves,which is even funnier because its a game.Now in the looks department i have no beef with hybrids.

I think most "intelligent" (I hold a very broad definition, lest anyone think I'm being elitist), "mature" (no fixed definition, take it at face value) people will read between the lines on that warning from Sony / PD.
In my opinion, it's vagueness is deliberate to scare the Sony fearing kids into repentance and to make sure everyone else knows they will be banned if they take the piss. Pretty simple, really.

I'm going to keep using my hybrids, although I haven't taken them online into anyone else's room but my own lounge (which I do anyway, hybrid or no; I only pub' shuffle races because I can't be arsed to tune).

Glad to see something being done, online lobbies were getting silly.

I honestly dont think that anything has been done about the online lobbies. TT's and DT's, sure. Online lobbies? Considering the amount of Hacked lobboes Im still founding, I doubt it.

I feel sorry for the people who were only tuning cosmetically / sensibly, though, and who were otherwise keeping to themselves.

C'est la vie.

I feel sorry for everyone. Apparently cheating is OK if you don't use modded cars. None of the real problems have been addressed. I can only hope that banning is a strong first step to send a signal and that changes to the game come later.

Simply saying there are no realistic hybrids because PD is not in charge of it.Basiclly what im saying is if PD didnt put this option in the game why would i trust some Hex editing/chassis/transmission/engine swaps.
And PD can be trusted for realism? So many cars wrong in GT5. And it's not just limited to standards. The modders are as good a source of realistic vehicle as PD is.

If you’ve been playing Gran Turismo online at any point in the last couple of months, it probably hasn’t escaped your attention that there are a whole lot of cars out there that just seem to be too fast.

Whether it’s been 1000mph Red Bull X2010s and Civics or “realistic” modified cars, the proliferation of cars modified beyond the normal parameters of the game has been meteoric. It made sufficient dents in the Seasonal Event Time Trials that Polyphony altered the events so that they were single vehicle events only and the car was provided rather than coming from the player’s own garage.

This morning they’ve stepped up the fight back against these “hybrid” cars with an announcement of intent to ban the accounts of players found using what it terms “illicitly modified game data“:

GT5 INFORMATION

Wow your right didnt realize they may have grip multipler in real life.lmao Really so having a grip multipler makes up for all the other important information i posted before?Corner weight etc etc.Im not saying its easy or thats there are simple steps or that you cant actually tune them.Simply saying there are no realistic hybrids because PD is not in charge of it.Basiclly what im saying is if PD didnt put this option in the game why would i trust some Hex editing/chassis/transmission/engine swaps.And than think you have a realistic hybrid.REALLY...,,,,,your just lying to yourselves,which is even funnier because its a game.Now in the looks department i have no beef with hybrids.

It is a basic foundation of the game. Grip multiplier isn't a hack, it's the core mechanic of the game. People should really check out more than the last post. Grip multiplier is how there are various tire and surface options.

Most cars have a grip around 100. If you add 1 to that, you gain about 10PP

I'm sticking by my 500-550 mod cars. If I want to make more, I will. If I get banned, well, I guess there are other places to spend my money.

If you’ve been playing Gran Turismo online at any point in the last couple of months, it probably hasn’t escaped your attention that there are a whole lot of cars out there that just seem to be too fast.

Whether it’s been 1000mph Red Bull X2010s and Civics or “realistic” modified cars, the proliferation of cars modified beyond the normal parameters of the game has been meteoric. It made sufficient dents in the Seasonal Event Time Trials that Polyphony altered the events so that they were single vehicle events only and the car was provided rather than coming from the player’s own garage.

This morning they’ve stepped up the fight back against these “hybrid” cars with an announcement of intent to ban the accounts of players found using what it terms “illicitly modified game data“:

GT5 INFORMATION
Well thanks for sharing.

TouGeMonster33

Ummm just to let you know the grip multiplier isn't actually all the difference is in the tire model in GT5 anyway. Do you really think that GT5's different tires are actually totally different things? No all when you do say change from racing hard to racing medium to racing softs is changing the grip multiplier nothing else.
This has been known for a very long time. And proven by the GTP member Scaff in his threads comparing GT5 vs Forza 4 physics.

So basically the grip multiplier if you look at the whole big picture is changing tire grades/compounds which is exactly what you do in real life.

So basically you saying that the grip multiplier correct at all is about as ludicrous as me saying a I can take a 8G turn in a jeep with a six inches lift kit.

How does that make sense tho.We dont have a team of of programmers traveling the world spending millions of dollars editing.Do you? Because than you have a valid point.Theres not much wrong with GT5 except the sounds and more tuning options.Everything we complain about will be fixed nex gen.IDK about tuning.So i do trust PD more than some random modders who don't actually work for PD.just my opinion

How does that make sense tho.We dont have a team of of programmers traveling the world spending millions of dollars editing.Do you? Because than you have a valid point.Theres not much wrong with GT5 except the sounds and more tuning options.Everything we complain about will be fixed nex gen.IDK about tuning.So i do trust PD more than some random modders who don't actually work for PD.just my opinion

The Real Driving Simulator.. cough..

TouGeMonster33

It has been proven by many people many times bro. The tire model consists of a grip multipler. That's how the physics have been since day one. Same thing with the power limiter. All it is a multiplier too.

Take my word for it or not. That's what PD uses for the tire model.

How does that make sense tho.We dont have a team of of programmers traveling the world spending millions of dollars editing.
The budget doesn't matter. Arcade games are very similar, but they obviously aren't made more realistic through spending. PD isn't aiming for a be all end all sim, it's pretty obvious. The game was released with some important parts of the physics completely missing or just wrong, and numerous cars have incorrect stats. Toronado made a thread to document them.

PD being devs doesn't necessarily make them more right than fans.

Theres not much wrong with GT5 except the sounds and more tuning options.
Those are minor issues compared to a few other things. GT needs completely new physics if it wants to be considered a top end simulator.

Everything we complain about will be fixed nex gen.
Only if PD deems them worth fixing. Going by past history, they may not.

i do trust PD more than some random modders who don't actually work for PD.just my opinion

Obviously not every modder is going to know what they're doing, but within the random sample of modders you can bet a few will know what they're talking about, perhaps more than PD does.

But anyway, what I think needs more attention at the moment is whether or not PD considers their job done with banning/ban warnings. I hope that's not where it ends. I don't see a need for banning at all, but admittedly even if modders weren't doing anything wrong, it leaves the door open. If they want to ban people, I guess it's justified. However, if that's all they do, the real problems, which weren't from modding, will still exist and will likely exist forever.

If I get banned.. it was worth it

I witnessed what gt5 couldve been and what GT could become.
I REGRET NOTHING !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back