Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erroneous rules made for the sake of making rules, because one of the most powerful human emotions is greed, and because the one and only driving force behind the corporate world is the bottom line. Don't let ANYONE tell you different. At the end of the day, Sony, PD, and every car manufacturer in the world care about nothing else other than making money, end of story.

Just because someone makes a rule, that doesn't make it a good one, and it doesn't mean it should be followed.

:odd:

Are... you serious...?

Hei
Technically, by SEN it is. It could and can be used against you in court.
This
Yep. But they cannot bann you from playing your PS3 or playing a game on your system. But they can bann you from their servers

I haven't modded my game data, but I just think it's a waste of time they could be spending towards improving GT6 and I get ticked off over this "intellectual property" BS, not just with games, but with movies and music too. How they can tell you what you can and can't do with it even though you bought a copy.

If they wanna neuter the game and kill the fun then I'll go get an Xbox 360 and FM.

It's the way things are now. If you don't even own a physical copy of something, you don't even own it all. All online sales are pretty much just renting. You don't buy that digital game, you rent it.

hogger129
I haven't modded my game data, but I just think it's a waste of time they could be spending towards improving GT6 and I get ticked off over this "intellectual property" BS, not just with games, but with movies and music too. How you technically don't own it even though you bought a copy.

If they wanna neuter the game and kill the fun then I'll go get an Xbox 360 and FM.

It is just people do not realize when the TOS says you do not "own" it means something different than you buy it you have it and it is yours. It really does amaze me how many people get that confused.

You are all good don't worry about it. I understood what you and twitch meant.

I feel sorry for everyone. Apparently cheating is OK if you don't use modded cars. None of the real problems have been addressed. I can only hope that banning is a strong first step to send a signal and that changes to the game come later.
You'll please forgive my naïveté, as I play online rarely, if ever: is there an epidemic of online cheating, not involving the hybrid cars?

Lock2Lock
Hahahaha i am in a open lobby. Like i said i am not scared

Im online (well, signed in) on GT's main menu, contemplating whether or not to hit that Open Lobby menu. Can I add you? PSN is Z_AK.

Team THRT Drift
Im online (well, signed in) on GT's main menu, contemplating whether or not to hit that Open Lobby menu. Can I add you? PSN is Z_AK.

I am going to take a guess here and say your name is zach?

Lock2Lock
I am going to take a guess here and say your name is zach?

Nope. A lot of people think that. It's one of those drunk stories. I was half drunk with friends and created that. We were all thinking "Ze AK" as in "The AK-47". Dont ask why... I dont remember much, just saw a posted card with email address and password.to my new account

Team THRT Drift
Nope. A lot of people think that. It's one of those drunk stories. I was half drunk with friends and created that. We were all thinking "Ze AK" as in "The AK-47". Dont ask why... I dont remember much, just saw a posted card with email address and password.to my new account

Oh ok. Reason i asked was because my name is Zach... I just added you by the way.

I wouldn't mind that at all, I love seeing the realistic hybrids. :)

No one has complained about my mods. The only way people know is because the cars are tuned and competitive. Nothing is over the top.

Keep your eyes open for 'The Unforgiven'. That will be my room. 505 or 550pp, no supersoft racing tires or uncontrollable cars allowed, but other than that, I won't call you out for infractions.

Last edited:
Made a dummy account with my main, backed up then deleted last save, and put in 3 different locations, usb, laptop, desktop. started new game, ...Took ages for all the DLC to load in the garage, but all that matters is my slammed/Hellaflush cars are safe, i am testing the waters to see what happens. But honestly, reading over the message, it just really seems like this was aimed right at the TT's/Drift trials, which people had been abusing...for ever, even way before hybriding existed in GT5, especially the toyota 7....or Speed 12, well cheers folks, But it's good to see PD Do care about there game.

Im a programmer and from a programming point of view they were asking to get the save games hacked, its a stupid way of going abut things, im just amazed that no one did it sooner, anyway ill be pleased to see the back of the hybrids, when all you want is a fair race its one less thing to worry about.

You'd be surprised but it was actually on the down low for a very long time, people were editing their game saves a few months after release and people could make hybrids but couldn't figure out what all the coding affected. Once people figured that out is when hybrids were born.

I think the main reason for banning people might be because of the secret menu and the fact it allowed people to illegally obtain DLC.I mean isnt it strange that this comes 2 or 3 days after the secret menu got so much exposure? Just an assumption.Of course using these cars in seasonals played a part but I just think this is the main reason because if it was really about the online aspect they wouldve been started banning people..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back