Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I just think that we should let them be. Seriously. In online rooms, just kick any hacker who joins.

Their hacking in GT Mode should not have any effect on us. If PD or Sony have a problem with hacks, they'll take care of it.

IN5AN3 DR1FT
Some welcome that was I hope it doesn't show up how this forum runs all hate no like.

Explain? I personally don't like hybrids but many here do. And you need some more commas and full stops...

IN5AN3 DR1FT
Some welcome that was I hope it doesn't show up how this forum runs all hate no like.

This post and his previous just gave me cancer.

I was online yesterday in a drift lobby with everyone still rocking their hybrids. No problems were had.

Part of the AUP, which you saw when you join says:

You will post all messages in English.
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

and don't moan about grammar I'm doing this on a old I phone that barley works.

What a load of "bullocks", why blame technology?

How does a phone prevent you from constructing sentences that make sense?

It is a machine that responds to your input, you control what you write, nobody else. Jeez. 👎

Well yes I know it was bad but there was no reason for the instant hate for new guys like me, so why are hybrids so disliked online, my research shows that it was the speed factor but there were lots of people who like making hybrids for looks and showing them off in cruise lobbies. From that look there should be a power cap a 2000 hp and the reason is if pd release hidden upgrades some cars like the supra rz could go up to maybe 1200hp like in real life.

You can have over 8000 hp irl. The reason some hate them, is out of fear of reprimand with GT6 that will hurt everyone. On top of that, the fear that you can't trust that the car that just beat you isn't a hack.

Many people are like that, I am not. Please, use punctuation, or I just won't reply.

They should put hp limiters on seasonal events and a overall hp cap on all cars to a realistic 1600hp maybe as x1 gets 1500+hp and it will stop speed cars completely.

Last edited:
They already did the 1st a bit, using the restriction that you can't tune your car.

IN5AN3 DR1FT
They should put hp limiters on seasonal events and problem solved and maybe a overall hp cap on all cars

The problem is there is ways to regulate the cars from being able to cheat people/get too ridiculous in open racing lobbies. They need to at least make you able to adjust PP and HP regulations at the same time. That would pretty much solve it.

Perfect answer to solve problem with hybrids that run crazy hp and low pp to get around restrictions a option to adjust pp and hp limits, maybe pd should look into this maybe for update on gt5 but at this rate it will end up being implemented on gt6.

I just want to know am I the only one out there that wishes this whole hacking hybriding and modding thing never happened? I'm scared that GT6 is going to be put aside for a while and that they are just going to waste development time.

I doubt GT6 will get put aside. It just won't happen. You know what sounds like a brilliant idea? Let's halt progress on our main project, and waste resources fixing something on an older product. Genius.

Other than a small patch allowing pp and hp/weight to be tuned simultaneously, I don't feel GT5 needs anything else.

I just want to know am I the only one out there that wishes this whole hacking hybriding and modding thing never happened? I'm scared that GT6 is going to be put aside for a while and that they are just going to waste development time.

i'm glad it did, maybe PD will finally take the hint and include extremely basic features people want like engine swaps, tire width, wingless, drivetrain swaps, etc, etc. the entire modding community stems from the game being a let down from the start, as far as real world tuning goes.

Sony cannot be seen to support hacking of any kind. Regardless of whether or not people see GT5 as a disappointment, a corporation in this industry, particularly a platform holder, must be entirely against such illicit activities.

Sony cannot be seen to support hacking of any kind. Regardless of whether or not people see GT5 as a disappointment, a corporation in this industry, particularly a platform holder, must be entirely against such illicit activities.

Agreed 100%.

I mostly do shuffle racing because the modding that is allowed is ridiculous already. Some of the tunes with wacky spring rates, downforce, ride height etc. are already annoying IMO. Glad to see hacks banned

But sometimes it is counterproductive to patch old games. Not after how old it is.

Am I the only one that has went in the other direction of this modding buissiness. Instead of messing with the performance of the cars, I have went the way of modding the cars' colors on previously unpaintable cars. I have one performance modded car, the rest (about 200 so far) are cars that I have painted. I have nothing against those that mod their cars performance, unless of course it gives you an unfair advantage in online play, Seasonals, or Time Trial Events, I just prefer to mod my cars paint job over adding any performance upgrades. As you can see from the link in my sig to my Forza cars, I love to change paint/liveries on my cars. If PD would put in a good livery editor, this would be the ultimate game for me.

As for letting the hybridding slide, I really don't see what I am doing affecting anybody else. Yes, its still messing with the coding of the game, but it gives me no advantage whatsoever over anyone else so I don't think they should be bothered with what I'm doing. I think PD is handling things fine so far by trying to keep performance modded cars out of events like time trials and other competitive events.

If PD is really concerned about hybridding, I think they should really focus on keeping it from happening in GT6 when it comes out.

Hei
But sometimes it is counterproductive to patch old games. Not after how old it is.

But by not patching it or banning offending players Sony will be seen as supporting this hacking. They simply cannot be seen condoning this regardless of old the game or counterproductive it may be to combat it.

They can just turn a blind eye, or just do scare tactics like they are now. They can;t focus on it. It doesn't benefit them whatsoever.

Maybe this should tell them that people want custom liveries, engine/drivetrain swaps... Their competitor - Forza - has it. Why shouldn't PD implement it in GT6?

Hei
They can just turn a blind eye, or just do scare tactics like they are now. They can;t focus on it. It doesn't benefit them whatsoever.

It could potentially harm them thought. The GT series is largely dependent on licensing to have permission to use cars and brands within the game. Many licenses come with great restrictions. Car manufacturers don't want to see banged up models of their cars, ergo no real crash graphics. Ferrari only allows F1 cars to race F1 cars, etc...

This is where the problem starts with modified game data. Some license distributors might not be happy about people messing around with their intellectual property and might thus deny PD further use of the license in future titles. What might seem like a trivial offense by changing game data a bit with no harm intended might have a great negative outcome for the gaming community in the future. Under this aspect I do believe that PD is not putting enough effort into preventing game data modification.

New rumors/notices that some modifications allow free access to payed download content is also breaching ToS. Since this is accessed the same way car stats are modifies, action needs to be taken.

I fully understand the reason why people like to mod their cars. GT5 has its short-comings, and people wish for them to be resolved. For above named reasons I think that taking matters in your own hands and illegally mod a game is the wrong approach. The right way to resolve this is to create your own game and try to overcome the short-comings of this series, it might be the next best hit. Changing something in a game through unauthorized measures can lead to many unforeseen consequences, and the last thing I want to see is PD having to suffer them.

Third Reign
It could potentially harm them thought. The GT series is largely dependent on licensing to have permission to use cars and brands within the game. Many licenses come with great restrictions. Car manufacturers don't want to see banged up models of their cars, ergo no real crash graphics. Ferrari only allows F1 cars to race F1 cars, etc...

This is where the problem starts with modified game data. Some license distributors might not be happy about people messing around with their intellectual property and might thus deny PD further use of the license in future titles. What might seem like a trivial offense by changing game data a bit with no harm intended might have a great negative outcome for the gaming community in the future. Under this aspect I do believe that PD is not putting enough effort into preventing game data modification.

New rumors/notices that some modifications allow free access to payed download content is also breaching ToS. Since this is accessed the same way car stats are modifies, action needs to be taken.

I fully understand the reason why people like to mod their cars. GT5 has its short-comings, and people wish for them to be resolved. For above named reasons I think that taking matters in your own hands and illegally mod a game is the wrong approach. The right way to resolve this is to create your own game and try to overcome the short-comings of this series, it might be the next best hit. Changing something in a game through unauthorized measures can lead to many unforeseen consequences, and the last thing I want to see is PD having to suffer them.

But then wouldnt the car manufacturers know people mod the game and if they see PD taking steps to stop it that might appease them.

pretty sure this is just a restriction put in place by PD, we've seen countless other games with the same manufacturers (and more) with endless customization options, and actual damage, imagine that!

Third Reign

I was saying the same thing as you for a while.

Which you are right it "could" happen. But the odds are very very slim.

The fact that the auto makers have stuck by with many of the game titles even through past game modding. The only thing that concerns me is that this is now online. Unlike before it was offline that this was happening. But i still believe the chance that PD would lose the manufacturers is very slim next to none. Just so much money to be made. If and i mean if it does though my money is Ferrari being the first to cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back