Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to happen. They can't make this official. It is against their policies. Sort of how some countries don't deal with terrorists. I can see amnesty or a blind eye, and that is what I want.

I only want them to patch in the ability to set pp and hp/kg restrictions simultaneously. That would solve everyone's problem.

Hei
Not going to happen.

This just contradicts this:

That would solve everyone's problem.

Sorry, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't have this kind of customisability in this game or the next.

And just adding more options to online lobbies would be a temporary solution only. And I don't think they'll even do that. They've been incredibly behind with adding options to lobbies/lounges over the two years that the game has been out. They've been trying to fix other things first. I don't think there answer would be to add these options in lobbies - they will think the best solution is probably what they are currently doing. Stopping the cheaters and making rather vague threats.

Making this type of modding part of the game is a not going o happen, no matter how much I love to mod. I do want there to be ore options for the next game, but for this one, I doubt it. It's over 2 years old. Be lucky we got as much support as we did.

The Hp/kg and pp regs would clear all overpowered hybrids from racing rooms, and would allow others to keep using them. How does that not solve the problem at hand?

Hei
The Hp/kg and pp regs would clear all overpowered hybrids from racing rooms, and would allow others to keep using them. How does that not solve the problem at hand?

It would, but I don't see them implementing it, soon or even at all. PD don't think the same way as the fans do - somehow they can't understand why people want more "options". And I'm not just talking about hybrids here. I'm talking about the game in general.

It's common sense to allow pp and hp/kg regs simultaneously.They have listened to us before.

Hei
How does that not solve the problem at hand?

It's not the big wooden cross people are hoping for.

Make the tools available to everyone, so those of us unwilling to break the TOS can use them too.

Make it so that DLC and promo cars can't be stolen.

and let us set HP/PP/KG limits all three at once.

Then I'd embrace the modding.

Hei
It's common sense to allow pp and hp/kg regs simultaneously.They have listened to us before.

I don't deny that's been the case - but they are rather slow in implementing these "requests" from the fanbase.

and let us set HP/PP/KG limits all three at once.

Yes, this has always been a common sense solution even before hybriding, even before they screwed up the PP system in their attempts to make it better. This is all we've ever needed in the online lobby options from the beginning. But the point is 2 years down the line, it's still not in the game, the fact that its common sense seems to be the exact reason why it's not.

A lot of things in the game are common sense and haven't been improved over the time since release. Because they try and fix something in an update and end up breaking something else. Like the PP thing, they had an update to "fix" the imbalance of cars then needed another update to revert it back because the "fix" actual broke the game for a lot of people. How long though were people complaining about it until it was fixed? A few weeks, I think. So given a few more weeks there might be another update. Whether it will be to suppress the hybrids somehow or to allow the users of the online lobbies to simply live with them is another matter.

But I can certainly see an update coming soon regardless of their stance on this.

Last edited:
A.) Anyone with google can do it.

B.) Don't access secret menu, which will get you banned anyway.

C.) I have been preaching for ages.

Hei
Oh the body crap, yeah, it's iffy.

I dont think you can I checked the hybriding tool and even the dlc I bought I cant change to so not sure about that.

Edit: meaning the dlc isnt in the tool.

When you swap bodies of cars, the car becomes THAT car. Im not going to say anything else.... for fear someone might get an idea— even though hundreads have done that before... it's a shame really.

Team THRT Drift
When you swap bodies of cars, the car becomes THAT car. Im not going to say anything else.... for fear someone might get an idea— even though hundreads have done that before... it's a shame really.

Thats what I mean the dlc cars were not in the list of bodys to chsnge to.

But then again like hei said there are alot of tools out there.

thelvynau
Thats what I mean the dlc cars were not in the list of bodys to chsnge to.

But then again like hei said there are alot of tools out there.

Ah, okay. Then I thank whoever made the app Im using fir being sensible :)

They reserve the right, but there has to be something detrimental, meaning a loss of revenue or potential loss of revenue. I would not be surprised to see an increase in interest rather than a decrease, even though this is 2 years in and the revenue is waning anyway.

I was a Creative Director at EA/DICE for 5 years. I know exactly how EA server policy works and I have a better than average grasp of community interaction (IMHO:)). Trust me when I say that if the problem was real rather than perceptual, there would have been a fix by now.

Not to be a DB, but this must be partly why EA is "highly regarded" by the gaming community? :lol: Not talking about the games or devs, but rather 'EA the publishing company'. Yet again up for the "worst company of the year" awards.

Anyway I doff my hat to PD for standing up and doing something, but knowing PD it will be half-assed as per previous performance.

You all should be trying to hybrid the PD team and KY, not the game. I bet they would get stuff done with 100,000Brain-hp and x2.5 sneaker grip-multiplier

I don't want them to be stuck in place! That would be counter productive! That would also burn their head, you saw how uncontrollable those cars are.

Hei
I don't want them to be stuck in place! That would be counter productive! That would also burn their head, you saw how uncontrollable those cars are.

Beyond scary -.-.... A F430 Twin Turbo with 1350WHP on Sport Hard Tires is very scary -.-....

What just happened in this room I was in. I was chilling with my hybrid. And this random dude who was about to leave said in all caps said this is for all you hybrid users. He left the room and everybody froze and then my whole ps3 froze. And now I can't turn off my ps3 from my controller

Last edited:
What just happened in this room I was in. I was chilling with my hybrid. And this random dude who was about to leave said in all caps said this is for all you hybrid users. He left the room and everybody froze and then my whole ps3 froze. And now I can't turn off my ps3 from my controllerm

That what you get for using a hacked car, maybe you'll know next time.

Ranman20
What just happened in this room I was in. I was chilling with my hybrid. And this random dude who was about to leave said in all caps said this is for all you hybrid users. He left the room and everybody froze and then my whole ps3 froze. And now I can't turn off my ps3 from my controllerm

Hahahaha. What a hypocrite that guy is.

Funny how mad people get about them.

And all you have to do to turn off your PS3 is hold the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back