SNAIL Tuner and Team Series IV

• Thread starter hillracing
  • 287 comments

What cars to run next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awww, you guys are making me blush :3

I was surprised how much the car slowed in that last race. 150kg ballast was insane. The car changed so dramatically that I needed to up my spring rate to keep the thing from rolling like a ball. It seemed to me that the 150kg slowed me down about a second per lap, and most of that time was on the straight. Not complaining, just passing along my observations as I have never done anything like that in succession, and it was just an interesting outcome.

Looking forward to next week. hopefully I can get some practice in this time

Yeah I went into that with little to no practice as well, seems the update slowed me down by about a second as opposed to what I practiced at. What were your lap times if you don't mind me asking? I was running around the 1:40:6xx range if I remember correctly.

Awww, you guys are making me blush :3

I was surprised how much the car slowed in that last race. 150kg ballast was insane. The car changed so dramatically that I needed to up my spring rate to keep the thing from rolling like a ball. It seemed to me that the 150kg slowed me down about a second per lap, and most of that time was on the straight. Not complaining, just passing along my observations as I have never done anything like that in succession, and it was just an interesting outcome.

Looking forward to next week. hopefully I can get some practice in this time

Yea that's kinda the point of the ballast. Makes it challenging to win all night or dominate the series. Just think next week you start with 50k of ballast and if you win the first 2 races you'll have 200k on for the final race.

On the damage I'm going to change that to light for the rest of the season.

In other news my PS3 is up and running again. Took all night but at least it's fixed.

Yeah I went into that with little to no practice as well, seems the update slowed me down by about a second as opposed to what I practiced at. What were your lap times if you don't mind me asking? I was running around the 1:40:6xx range if I remember correctly.

I was able to run a 1:38.7 either with both rear shocks damaged in the first race or 75kg ballast in the second and a clean car, I don't remember. But I can see 1:38.5son na great lap. By the final race, my best laps in clean air were 1:39.6s no matter what I did.

Yea that's kinda the point of the ballast. Makes it challenging to win all night or dominate the series. Just think next week you start with 50k of ballast and if you win the first 2 races you'll have 200k on for the final race.

On the damage I'm going to change that to light for the rest of the season.

In other news my PS3 is up and running again. Took all night but at least it's fixed.

Yea, it's a great challenge. In the final race I needed all the laps just to get podium. The two up front were just a bit too quick for me.

Yea, it's a great challenge. In the final race I needed all the laps just to get podium. The two up front were just a bit too quick for me.

Falls off his chair :lol: It only took a little ballast ;)

Had a blast last night! Especially the last race, was such close racing from flag drop to flag drop. Seems like everyone got into some, this is what we're all looking for 👍

Coming soon.....

Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02 - Autumn ring base tune

4h6vdu.jpg

I was able to run a 1:38.7 either with both rear shocks damaged in the first race or 75kg ballast in the second and a clean car, I don't remember. But I can see 1:38.5son na great lap. By the final race, my best laps in clean air were 1:39.6s no matter what I did.

I was running low 39's consistently when I was practicing, but I had a lot of wing on the car. I use the DS3 and Automatic transmission though :dopey: The good thing with the ballast is you can position it to change the characteristics of the car.

Just finished watching the replays of last nights races. There was quite a lot of awesome racing going on there. The last race looked the most entertaining. Took a few photos of some of the action. The photos I took were on lap 5 and there was half the field in one corner. Can't figure out how to load them for some reason. Wish I had been able to take part. Glad to see the races went well. I did notice the damage ruining some peoples races so it will be on light for the rest of the season.

All,

Due to concerns voiced by other drivers in the main SNAIL thread regarding my driving I have elected to remove myself from this racing series. I thank you all for allowing me to participate, and especially thank hillracing for the work he put into upgrading this excellent series. My sincerest apologies go to BeRandom, my teammate, for my sudden departure.

👍👍

AP1 Driver
All,

Due to concerns voiced by other drivers in the main SNAIL thread regarding my driving I have elected to remove myself from this racing series. I thank you all for allowing me to participate, and especially thank hillracing for the work he put into upgrading this excellent series. My sincerest apologies go to BeRandom, my teammate, for my sudden departure.

👍👍

Hey man, I'm not sure who was being talked about, but, if you're concerned it was you, realizing there's an issue is half the battle. Then being a little more cautious and patient will reap huge benefits in terms of fun and close racing.

Give it another week 👍

I don't think you need to quit. There is a bit of a learning curve in regards to the rules of engagement in racing with SNAILS. Drivers really need to study the SNAIL OLR to fully understand what their fellow racers will be expecting you to do, and more importantly what not to do. My impression was that you had some good racing at Daytona Road. 👍 Don't throw in the towel so quickly.

I appreciate you guys commenting on the matter, but my concern is that nobody has bothered to clarify what they feel is wrong with my driving.... As far as I'm concerned, I made a serious mistake early in the first race and had zero problems after that. I still claim that Wolfsatz dive-bombed me and knocked me out of the 3rd race, but nobody has bothered to confirm or correct me on that issue. I'm still waiting for the constructive criticism... All I see is a bunch of inflammatory statements and no substance.

If someone can tell me what I should fix, I'll work on it and continue to participate... But if nobody can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I just present a risk to everyone I drive with, and its not fair of me to race under those circumstances.

Basically all I saw you do that made me comment, "I though he was drunk", was swerving. In the beginning of the evening You appeared to be violently swerving on the track. As I was having some small connection issues I assume the same could have happened to you. Creating lag and jerky looking movement is a side affect of a bad connection. I'm sorry if my comment bothered you, as I meant no ill will.

I appreciate you guys commenting on the matter, but my concern is that nobody has bothered to clarify what they feel is wrong with my driving.... As far as I'm concerned, I made a serious mistake early in the first race and had zero problems after that. I still claim that Wolfsatz dive-bombed me and knocked me out of the 3rd race, but nobody has bothered to confirm or correct me on that issue. I'm still waiting for the constructive criticism... All I see is a bunch of inflammatory statements and no substance.

If someone can tell me what I should fix, I'll work on it and continue to participate... But if nobody can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I just present a risk to everyone I drive with, and its not fair of me to race under those circumstances.

I know that I saw you swerve into another car taking it off the road in the first and last race. You were weaving all over the track during all the races. I understand that mistakes can be made, but you need to concede the position to the driver(s) that you took out. I've hesitated from commenting further until I have a chance to watch the replays again since I've not been home since Tuesday, but I will watch them when I get home tonight.

AP1 Driver

I will watch the replays tonight and see what if anything you need to work on. I will pm you with what I see.

If I can find some time, I'll take a look at the replays and see what I see. The only thing I remember off the top of my head was that you were swerving pretty bad when I passed you one time. I just assumed you had suspension damage, though.

PS. Congrats on platinum!

I remember seeing the swerving on the replays to. It looked like you had some damage and was tying to deal with it.

To all of you: thank you again for taking the time. If I can make one comment about the swerving, please let me say that I was driving on the DS3 instead of my racing wheel. With the wheel damage that I took it was nearly impossible to keep the car going straight on the controller.

I very readily concede that this was my fault and should not have happened. In fact, if I had been driving with my wheel, I likely would not have been swerving on the road.

Also, because I was using the controller, I swerved into another driver early in the first race when I had meant to look right by using the right arrow (they are mapped differently on my controllers)... I don't know who it was that I side-swiped, but I acknowledge that was my mistake and apologize that it occurred.

Again, thank you guys for commenting. This is the kind of criticism that I appreciate and can improve upon. 👍

I'm glad to see that you hopefully won't be leaving the series. I swear there is some sort of teammate curse on me. In each every season of STaTS, my teammate has retired from the series.

I'm glad to see that you hopefully won't be leaving the series. I swear there is some sort of teammate curse on me. In each every season of STaTS, my teammate has retired from the series.

Yea brother, I'm going to stick with it and keep rocking the MLB. I don't expect there to be any further issues now that I've gotten through the freshman hazing! :lol:

I'm really glad to see everyone work things out. 👍

Okay now bring it in.. time for a group hug! :lol:

sorry i cann't part of this
its like a dream for me........... so chill

I'm going to have to bow out of this also. Time is wrong for me. If it were a little earlier it'd work.

I'm going to have to bow out of this also. Time is wrong for me. If it were a little earlier it'd work.

That sucks for your team mate and the others who wanted to race but didn't get a slot because of the one you took. The time of the series was posted since day one.

Veloci_2nr, if you want to run solo you can but it will only be for the drivers title. Either that or you can find a replacement. Just let me know what you want to do.

Its something that just came up. I realized the time, thanks. The reason is my kids mom has to work later with the season. So instead of being able to race at this time, I'll be having to get dinner ready for my family and probably be eating at this time. If the series went on for a while, say a few months, I could make the races towards the end.

Its something that just came up. I realized the time, thanks. The reason is my kids mom has to work later with the season. So instead of being able to race at this time, I'll be having to get dinner ready for my family and probably be eating at this time. If the series went on for a while, say a few months, I could make the races towards the end.

Understood. Sorry if that came across harsh. Maybe next season will work for you. Keep an eye out.

No big deal. I really wanted to run. I still may be able to depending how on soon she gets home or how early I get finished eating/feeding my kid. So if you don't mind, I don't wanna be 'kicked out' as I may be able to make it if I eat early.

Back