SNAIL Tuner and Team Series IV

• Thread starter hillracing
  • 287 comments

What cars to run next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm fine with running solo, and having seth on reserve. No big deal on team points, as I never have control over those anyways. I'm just in it for the racing. Seth feel free to come and go as you need.

Autumn ring reverse tonight! We should all be familiar with this course. I will be practicing in D2 the afternoon, if anyone is interested, feel free to join me.

I'm sick as a dog but need to get some practice in. Haven't had much wheel time in the last month.

What time will you be on Goat? I hate doing laps by myself.

kcheeb and dabnyd - are you guys looking after your own car or do you want me to get my crew working on one for you?

I'm sick as a dog but need to get some practice in. Haven't had much wheel time in the last month.

kcheeb and dabnyd - are you guys looking after your own car or do you want me to get my crew working on one for you?

If you have gearing changes, we'll take those!

Probably only need minor 5, 6 and FG changes. I'll have a look.

That's what I was thinking. If nothing else, we'll just go back to the original gearing you set before Indy.

Today is going by faster than I had planned. Might no get to practice today, but if I do I will post it.:)

Today is going by faster than I had planned. Might no get to practice today, but if I do I will post it.:)

I'll be on at 9PM for some practice. Cheeb and I will be scheming for a little at the top of the hour, but everyone is welcome after 9:10.

I had both the Integra and the Silvia running mid 1:21s within a tenth of eachother, but I'm not that good at tonight's track and haven't have much practice lately. I imagine I'll be a couple seconds off the average.

Can you help me gamble or Iceandspice, I was duping my car and I lost it some how. If one of you could send me a copy that would be great.
HAHAHA nevermind. It just wasn't purple anymore in the thumbnail.

Maybe I skimmed over this in the rules but can someone please find the rule that states you have to run the same car all season? Just asking for clarification. Maybe I just didn't see it.

Maybe I skimmed over this in the rules but can someone please find the rule that states you have to run the same car all season? Just asking for clarification. Maybe I just didn't see it.

Drivers

Drivers will be grouped into teams. They will be tasked to run races over four weeks in a car built by one of the Tuners. They will win points individually, and they will win points for their Tuner.

Rules
Teams
Teams must run the same car.
Teams must run the same color.
Teams may tune and re-tune a car as many times as they want during the season, and even between rounds on the same evening.
Tuners
Tuners will be primarily responsible for building the cars to be raced. They can take driver input, but their decision for set up is final.

It doesn't exactly say you can't switch cars but that's what's implied. Everyone else understood that it's one car per season. Sorry if the wording was unclear. You've only missed one race so feel free to run the final 2 as we drop a race in the points.

I can't race based on what's implied, I can only race by clearly stated rules. No thanks. I'll gracefully bow out of this. Not worth my time and energy to try and run that piece of **** Nissan against the faster and better handling RSX and Miata TC.

I can't race based on what's implied, I can only race by clearly stated rules. No thanks. I'll gracefully bow out of this. Not worth my time and energy to try and run that piece of **** Nissan against the faster and better handling RSX and Miata TC.

How about being kicked out instead. You didn't even show up with a team or post on here for the first race and now you talk crap about the hard work that was done to equalize the cars. I know the update had some effect on the cars which I'm pissed about because I spent hours making sure they were the same speed. The rules were clear to everyone else running. You are the only person who can't understand them. What is the definition of the word "a"? It says pick "a" car not pick some cars or mutiple cars or change cars at will or make up rules you like because you didn't test and find a car you like or not show up with ballast on from last race or or or or....

BTW the finish of 3rd race had all three cars finish within a tenth of a second of each other for 4th so your claim that the Silvia is a piece of **** is false. On top of that the top 3 in points in both the manufacturer and drivers championship are spread over the 3 cars. Must be an unfair advantage somewhere (sarcasm).

I don't think the Silvia is bad if it is well tuned. I think there are ups and downs for each car and track run. Just my 2c.

Yea some tracks will favor one car more than another. Without changing the specs of each car for each track there's no way around that. Next week will be all about the Honda. When I tested it there it was faster than the other 2 by a noticeable amount. I felt that it struggled some other places so it leveled out over a season.

I already said I'd leave but if it makes you feel like a big man then you're more than welcome to consider it you kicking me out. I don't know what I'm going to do now...maybe lose sleep over it?. (sarcasm)

I was referring to the car AFTER the update...it was decent before but awful now (like 70% of my tunes now). Ice and I decided to jump in just in case we were able to make a few races but couldn't commit to each Tuesday night. THAT'S why I didn't sign up or post a team. We threw together a pretty solid effort last week and had fun with it.

Ice wasn't on tonight so I decided I'd jump in solo since I read a post earlier today about another driver running solo because his teammate wasn't available either.

There are a few reasons I switched cars:
1) the rules did NOT clearly state cars could not be switched
2) the rules DO state that the car chosen that week has to be tuned SOLELY by the initial tuner...since that was Ice, it meant I could not make any adjustments to his tune. I could make suggestions but could not change the tune.
3) As stated before the Silvia was altered by the update. I had a decent tune on the Miata TC from a previous series and it wasn't affected as much by the update so I figured since I did not see anything about not being able to switch, I did so.

Maybe you should have spent equally as much time scripting the rules as you claim you spent on making sure the cars were equal.

Honestly, I think Hillracing did a hell of a job picking cars and making sure they are as near to equal as this game lets us get. Each of the cars have different parts installed, which means a hell of a lot of time spent testing.

Through all of the STaTS seasons, it's always been "Run one car for the whole season." Out of the 16 people involved in this series, only one person (you), didn't understand that. I'd say the rules were scripted quite well.

Take away the alien and the tv star, and the rest of the field/cars were really close. Dabnyd, turbo and I changed positions a few times the last 2 races using 3 different cars.

I had fun tonight guys, thanks. I won't be available next week due to family stuff...

As the race is close to a holiday I wonder if you all would consider shifting the schedule back one week... just a thought.

Anyway, I'll be back for the 11/27 event.

Back