The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What? Can you cite a single meaningful legal challenge* to the results of the 2016 election, much less such a concerted effort to usurp the will of the People?

*Meaningful in that actual an actual attempt is made via the court, lack of substance to the legal challenge notwithstanding.

Mind you Hillary, despite getting a larger chunk of the popular vote than Trump, still didn't manage a majority. Trump has gotten the second most votes ever in a United States presidential election, and Biden, with an actual majority, has collected more than fifteen million more votes than Hillary did.
Dude they were talking about/trying to impeach him before he even got sworn in...
How quick we forget the hypocrisy...

Oh god, you're still on that? I had a feeling that's where you were going... Glad to know me disagreeing with the group after learning their true intentions went over your head.

Did report me here? Cause I recall a few racists here getting banned. Or to the FBI? ;)

Oh god, you're still on that?

Still on? I don't know what that means. It is the context with which I read everything you write.

Glad to know me disagreeing with the group after learning their true intentions went over your head.

Over my head? I straight up asked you to sort out that explanation, because it did not make sense. You couldn't apparently make sense of your explanation either. I think you were lying when you realized how badly your opinion was received.

Texas has taken it upon itself to sue other states over their rules in the Supreme Court.
Remember that Pennsylvania case that got thrown out revolving around the Republicans not liking the election process even though they were the ones who put the rules in place, and were asked why didn’t they bring up the matter before the results came in?

I see this Texas case going that way since it’s along the same train of thought; we know how other states run their elections, can’t get upset with them once the results are in. Paxton has no moral ground to stand on either. Harris county had drive-thru voting that was approved long before Paxton decided it was a violation just days from the voting ending. I believe he lost that case based on waiting to the last minute to take issue.

What’s worse is Trump’s cult thinking this is the winning case that overturns everything, conveniently tossing away the 9-0 ruling of Pennsylvania. Remember when that was the Trump card that would overturn the election? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I think you were lying when you realized how badly your opinion was received.
I'm not one to have popular opinions here, you know that. I only retract my statements when I've been proven wrong and sometimes I still won't. You can not believe me all you want. I didn't know murder and kidnapping was on their to do list for the day.

I do not wish death on anyone. I've literally watched 2 people die. One peacefully and the other...I wish not to talk about. Not to mention countless people from my class years I knew I've had to bury, including being my ex brother-in-laws paul bearer. And he was the one that actually liked me in the family.

I'm still disappointed you think of me that way...

Dude they were talking about/trying to impeach him before he even got sworn in...
How quick we forget the hypocrisy...
Dude they were trying to delegitimize his candidacy before there was even an election. Of course, by "his" I mean Obama's and by "they" I mean Birthers. And they did so entirely without substantiation.

Notice how I, like you, disregard the quoted remarks and bring up something unrelated.

I'll again ask the question I asked of you as it relates to your earlier remark to me. Can you cite a single meaningful legal challenge to the results of the 2016 presidential election? As I commented before, I use "meaningful legal challenge" in only the absolute broadest sense of seeking a ruling favorable to their cause through legal action in a court of law, as we all know the attempts so far haven't actually been particularly meaningful.

If they dismissed Kelly's case 9-0 though I can't see why they would let this one go through when it eventually comes up.
What’s worse is Trump’s cult thinking this is the winning case that overturns everything, conveniently tossing away the 9-0 ruling of Pennsylvania. Remember when that was the Trump card that would overturn the election? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I would be careful about describing this as a 9-0 ruling to deny the appeal to the Supreme Court. According to a Supreme Court guide:

If the full Court acts on an application, five Justices must agree in order for the Court to grant a stay, but the votes of only four Justices are required to grant certiorari. Quite often an application will request a stay from the Court pending the timely filing and disposition by this Court of the party’s petition for writ of certiorari.

With the court denying the application, all that says is less than 4 justices were willing to hear the case. You really well could have had 3 justices wishing to hear the case when conferencing privately. With denials, justices are not required to log any concurrence or dissents. I hope that all 9 would have voted to reject the case, but we would never really know.

I would be careful about describing this as a 9-0 ruling to deny the appeal to the Supreme Court. According to a Supreme Court guide:

With the court denying the application, all that says is less than 4 justices were willing to hear the case. You really well could have had 3 justices wishing to hear the case when conferencing privately. With denials, justices are not required to log any concurrence or dissents. I hope that all 9 would have voted to reject the case, but we would never really know.
Can one then, at least take comfort in knowing that Republican Alito was the one whose name was attached when news came out the Supreme Court wasn't hearing it?

I'm not one to have popular opinions here, you know that. I only retract my statements when I've been proven wrong and sometimes I still won't. You can not believe me all you want. I didn't know murder and kidnapping was on their to do list for the day.

I do not wish death on anyone. I've literally watched 2 people die. One peacefully and the other...I wish not to talk about. Not to mention countless people from my class years I knew I've had to bury, including being my ex brother-in-laws paul bearer. And he was the one that actually liked me in the family.

I'm still disappointed you think of me that way...

...what exactly did you think you were supporting?

I mean...

Every time my curiosity gets the better of me to check for myself, the wanna-be Emperor just tweeted.

And as I scroll through the Twitter wasteland of his page, I find another tweet from him today calling out "obnoxious critics" claiming we should be following Germany's Covid-response, saying "so much for that argument" because they lost a record 590 people in one day.

It's like, you ****ing idiot. According to this site, we're losing 4x Germany's record per day for December & we're only a week in.
https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-deaths

Last edited:
Every time my curiosity gets the better of me to check for myself, the wanna-be Emperor just tweeted.

It's like, you ****ing idiot....

If you didn't know anything about the last four years of the Trump administration. Or followed the news for several years before that. Or didn't know anything about Donald Trump, or his Presidency or his policies or his beliefs or goals, etc. And ALL you had to go on were his last 3 months of tweets, there are two kinds of voters out there.

Those who read them and think, WTH??? This guy is a bloody moron. He is the last person on earth I'd want running the country.

And those who read them and think, Yup! That's my guy.

IMG_20201110_154327.jpg

So easily fact checked.

Last edited:
For just over a third of US states to attempt to overturn the votes of the other two thirds has to be as authoritarian we-know-what's-best-for-you as it gets. You'll have to change the name from United States to something else.

Back