the "just plain ugly" car thread

I honestly don't like these cars looks:
images

imgres

images

The Mach 1 is one of my favorite cars (looks wise). :grumpy:

2000_mercedes-benz_m-class_4_dr_ml320_awd_suv-pic-3559153559908332185.jpeg

Plain boring and very ugly minivan looking styling. I always hated them.

Eastern European mafia in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Basically what Jay said, I was just stating my opinion on the speedster. I was just saying that I don't find those cars ugly.

This little Daewoo Matiz is quite ugly though and very boring.
Matiz.jpg

Bingo! I have been for a ride in one of those about 10 years ago!..was so bloody slow!:drool:

I don't find the iQ to be that ugly. Although in white, it does look like a washing machine. (Unfortunately Top Gear has made me think of it that way ever since that episode...) But I don't find them to be too bad. However, in the US, on the Scion's, I absolutely hate their hubcaps...
2012ScionIQ074.jpg

It's just so large and it shows so much of the steelies. :yuck:

Mercury-Cougar.jpg

Speaking of ugly Cougars the MN12 RWD ones are ugly IMHO. I hate how the back window is vertical doesn't go with the lines of the car like the T-bird version.

Might be the camera angle, but that nose is too low, droopy and pinched. It tapers to a very unusual point.

Might be the camera angle, but that nose is too low, droopy and pinched. It tapers to a very unusual point.

No I think that's pretty spot on to how it actually is. I've seen enough of them to recognize that.

Likely to be more of a personal opinion, but I've always found the Cadillac XTS to be ungainly in it's shape. The rear end just doesn't look right...at all.

It looks like the top/greenhouse section was planned entirely separately from the committee that developed the bottom half. Add in the limitations of using the corporate design language on the only front-wheel-drive Caddy, the fact Cadillac would have probably preferred something longer than the Impala platform for its flagship, and you have kind of an imbalanced-looking car.

Seems to sell, though. Considering it replaced that DTS which escaped extinction throughout the Art-and-Science era...I guess there was a market for an FF Cadillac after all.

Speaking of ugly Cougars...

Quick! Save the Daily Babe Thread!

I think this is hideous. It is striking, but hideous.
ferrari-scaglietti-06.jpg

I always think the 612 has a kinda dopey-looking face, like the following emoticon :dopey:

Kind of happy-looking but in a stupid way. Not "plain ugly" though.

Same thing with the 599. The GTO variant makes it much better-looking with the dark front grille.

How about this one for "plain ugly"

1375790400qBea.jpg

Maybe more like simply bland, not "plain ugly", but I expect more from the manufacturer.

Yes, the 1980s are full of boxy cars, but boxy can be pretty. Just see the 308s and 328s for proof.

The 80s and early 90s Mondials are quite literally boxes on wheels. Just that.

And unlike with many other cars, the beautiful setting of that photo doesn't really help either. Combined with the fact that it's shot from above, the blandness is actually emphasized. The coupé would look better with that angle though, I think.

NOTE: I just edited my post - the picture of the Mondial I recently linked to didn't show up.

Last edited:
The bustle-backs from the 1980's............

The one that started it-
Cadillac Seville(1980–1985)
original.jpg

And I know that they even thought it was joke when they design it.
camp01-650.jpg

Look at their faces :lol:

Imperial (Chrysler) coupe (1981-1983)
The rear was just odd and ugly
5813922948_2ec9e78191_b.jpg

But the front looked nice
5813353191_f53c184188_b.jpg

Lincoln Continental (1982–1987)
4240788576_d7035de17d_b.jpg

The bustle-back on the Lincoln looked the best and it flowed with the style of the body but look alittle ugly.

The Lincoln and Chrysler (except for the front, as you said) are horrid, but that Cadillac is beautiful.

I agree, those cars all look horrid. What were the designers thinking of when designing that ugly rear on the Cadillac. It's worse than the rear of an '06 BMW 6-series.

RandomCarGuy17
I agree, those cars all look horrid. What were the designers thinking of when designing that ugly rear on the Cadillac. It's worse than the rear of an '06 BMW 6-series.

I like the 6 series :lol:

I like that Imperial coupe. Its like the '80s version of a future car, sorta like the 6000 SUX in RoboCop.

Latest Posts

Back