the "just plain ugly" car thread

Welp, I don't know if these have been posted before. 55 pages is a bit much to sift through.

I see this thing on the road all the time, and I just feel they're so unbelievably generic and boring in comparison to other cars that could be bought.
800px-2010_Mazda3_S_Grand_Touring_1_--_05-26-2010.jpg

Also, I know it's a stereotype associated with trucks, but shouldn't they at least represent some kind of masculinity? Mitsubishi doesn't think so.
2007-mitsubishi-triton.jpg

I own one but it's a 2.4. It's not a bad little car.

I nearly bought an SS almost identical to the one in the picture for my first car. Then I got in it and realized that my 6'2" build placed my head inside the roof of the car. If it had a sunroof I could've driven around like a tank commander.

^Well, not me. Of course, that might be because the Nissan Maxima in the US is a bit different then the one you know about.

I like the looks of these 2 generations of the Maxima personally:

One of my friends likes the look of this generation.
1D593F55-4C1F-4425-B436-1CFA67C92246_20.jpg

2010_Nissan_Maxima_SV_Sport_--_05-03-2010.jpg

I see this thing on the road all the time, and I just feel they're so unbelievably generic and boring in comparison to other cars that could be bought.
200px-2010_Mazda3_S_Grand_Touring_1_--_05-26-2010.jpg

Probably because it's actually the most fun you can have with a low-priced new car that's front-wheel drive and has 4 doors. If you can overlook the styling.

Although your truck comment was spot-on.

I think Danny & I are the only people who really do like the 612. Was a fantastic, but well overshadowed car for Ferrari.

The 612 is nothing short of gorgeous. And possibly the only Ferrari which can successfully pull off the colour blue.

That Mazda is far from ugly or boring.

Not saying it's pretty or anything, but it's definitely not ugly.

The 612 is nothing short of gorgeous. And possibly the only Ferrari which can successfully pull off the colour blue.

Not the only one. The 456 that preceded it definitely looked its best in a darker shade of blue.

Last edited:
I think the 612 isn't that gorgeous, but it isn't the ugliest either, however beside the FF, it would be pretty. The 456 was better looking than both of them.

Dear sir, I do not think you have seen a 360 CS in Tour de France.
3753245319_d34a49339d_z.jpg

:P
The 612 definitely pulls off blue very well, though. Perhaps why it was debuted in it.

The 456 was better looking than both of them.

The 456 is the prettiest modern Ferrari, anyway. The GTA facelift lost a bit of that appeal, but it's a much nicer, cleaner car, that didn't beg for attention, moreso than anything that pre-dated and followed it.

The 456 is the prettiest modern Ferrari, anyway. The GTA facelift lost a bit of that appeal, but it's a much nicer, cleaner car, that didn't beg for attention, moreso than anything that pre-dated and followed it.

I agree with this it seems model after model modern Ferrari's have become more outlandish for lack of a better word.

But it backfires because it can't pull of Ferrari's signature colour. Rosso Corsa. Racing Red!!!

This is agony. A Ferrari that doesn't look good in red.

Fred likes a Ferrari other than the F40? Impossibru!

It's not so much I like it, it's the fact that it's understated enough that only the ones who know what it is will care. It could seat 4, it didn't look good in red, you could have it with an automatic gearbox, in a way it's a sort of anti-Ferrari. Back in the day it was a proper grand tourer, it was even usable everyday, and I'd be willing to say it still is. Probably more comfortable than anything Aston Martin has to offer currently, too.

It's got a V12, and it can be had for under 60k in good shape nowadays. It's the only V12 Ferrari you can buy for that kind of money that isn't a Testarossa, and you don't want to buy a Testarossa anyway.

It's not so much I like it, it's the fact that it's understated enough that only the ones who know what it is will care. It could seat 4, it didn't look good in red, you could have it with an automatic gearbox, in a way it's a sort of anti-Ferrari. Back in the day it was a proper grand tourer, it was even usable everyday, and I'd be willing to say it still is. Probably more comfortable than anything Aston Martin has to offer currently, too.

It's got a V12, and it can be had for under 60k in good shape nowadays. It's the only V12 Ferrari you can buy for that kind of money that isn't a Testarossa, and you don't want to buy a Testarossa anyway.
The economy must be great in Canada-land right now.

456s on the market are dwindling & they appear to be holding their value for such a low-brow Ferrari. I only found 2 below $60K & the rest above $70K, though they are last model years. Same thing with the late model Testarossas.

Back