the "just plain ugly" car thread

That's cool, each to their own and everything. Personally, I like the idea of a convertible Silvia, it's just that the roof's stowaway area makes the trunk/boot panel look way too wide at the rear to me.

Nissan would probably make some crappy argument that the 370Z and GT-R already fill the market gap for sporty cars. IIRC, they are (or were, perhaps) experimenting with an inline-4, turbocharged version of the 370Z, so they'd probably say that version is the 'spiritual successor' or some other marketing trash.

SEAT Vel Satis Toledo 3rd gen.

post-3-1090613600.jpg

Always liked the Altea it's based on, and the added boot space in the Toledo can be considered an appealing element. But the changes are just so lazily executed and ugly from most angles (directly in-front being the only exception, as it can easily be mistaken for an Altea) to the point where I find it funny.

No surprise then that many buyers plumped for the Altea with its more shapely rear, and SEAT decided to develop a proper 3-box sedan as a replacement after poor sales. With the larger SEAT Exeo being used as a stopgap between both generations.

laraki-fulgura-10061.jpg

Say, this is OK. It looks a bit like a McLaren F1 that's embarrassed to be there.

But having said that, it's not certainly not ugOH DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT?

larakifulgura_02.jpg

Ok Laraki, have another go. You can do this. I believe in you.

S0-borac-3-4-arriere-photo54130-1444-89020.jpg

Well that's better. It's a bit too Continental GT-meets-Proton for me, but it's workable.

Good job, Laraki! You're finally gettiOH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Borac_Laraki.jpg

I think the i3 looks pig-ugly as well. The futuristic design makes it stand out like a sore thumb as an EV/eco car. I can understand the i8's styling due to the advancements in sports-car technology, but if I wanted an EV that was targeted towards ordinary people, I'd chose the new VW e-Up or e-Golf as they look like a normal car and not something that came from 30 years in the future.

Last edited:
Was just thinking that. Thought they dropped it as well as that Lincoln truck that was way over priced.

The new Toyota Noah isn't exactly a looker.
toyotanoah.jpg

Also, another photo of the new Navigator. Looks like they were trying to be the Durango.
2015-Lincoln-Navigator-2.jpg

Back