TT 39: 650PP British TT @ Grand Valley / 550PP @ Tsukuba Circuit

Well aren't you special.

Well if you go back and look at the worldwide leaderboards in recent time trials, you'll see that doodlemonopololy is regularly in the top 10.... so yes, I'd say that qualifies as special. Drop the attitude until you beat him.

Just had a god look at the cheaters profile and account.... 6% game completion and level 40 a spec, level 15 b spec with 75 trophies... possible i guess, but unlikely. Something doesn't stack there... Why is there always somebody trying this on to ruin it for the rest of us? I just tried to enter using the same car and setup to see how he'd done it, but got denied in the usual way.... how did he do it?

Wow, just had a look at the leaderboards and it definitely sounds fishy. Not only was the Calsonic GT-R not British, the person had used Racing: Soft tires when it was restricted to Sports: Hard.

Either he has hacked somehow or there is a little exploit. I'm hoping it's the first and he gets punished because if there is a little exploit it will get out and EVERYBODY will do it, leading to the seasonal being taken down.

Maybe he lost internet connection as he entered event so it let him in. The game does weird things if you lose your connection. Like one time I gave a car to a friend and lost my connection. So instead of failing it gave him the car, but I still had it. So we could both use it.

650PP with my TVR Speed 12. Just needed to hang on for dear life but got Gold with my second lap. (Put the first one into the sand.)

For some that are having trouble with the F1(me included), after watching some replays I noticed it sounded like the brake was on and they weren't spinning as bad. So I went to the tranny and stretched out first, second and third gears. Waaaay out so to not shift down in to first in the corners but stays in second. It made a huge difference. Still need to tweak it a bit but it makes it much easier to come out of the turns.

For some that are having trouble with the F1(me included), after watching some replays I noticed it sounded like the brake was on and they weren't spinning as bad. So I went to the tranny and stretched out first, second and third gears. Waaaay out so to not shift down in to first in the corners but stays in second. It made a huge difference. Still need to tweak it a bit but it makes it much easier to come out of the turns.

I suggest those having trouble with the F1 (which is challenging even on sticky tires) use the XJ220 instead. It's very easy to drive on SH tires, and even at 600PP gets easy gold.

I'm interested to see someone who always does these types of events in the 2J (finishing in the top 20 or so), use a normal road car for the event and see what times they run. Just to compare to my times and see how far off the pace I am.

Just put my 2J back on share for you guys. Setting sheet A has the flipped trans and Sheet C has the tranny trick. The flipped tranny seems to be faster by far for me. Improved my time by half a second with it. Currently 134th. Losing a ton of time on that last sweeping corner. Once I get that nailed down, I should be able to crack the top 50 at least. Anyway, anyone that wants to try it thats not on my friends list already, feel free to send a fr if you wanna try it. Good luck everyone and hope the car helps. Peace.

I just watched the replay of the #1 ranking on the GVS TT. The car looks poorly rendered in the cockpit. Inside the cockpit the steering looks awful and no LED's on it, the Super GT windshield banner is all glitched up. (Don't know if it is just my PS3) Can someone possibly watch the replay and tell me if it is like that for you?

Just had a god look at the cheaters profile and account.... 6% game completion and level 40 a spec, level 15 b spec with 75 trophies... possible i guess, but unlikely. Something doesn't stack there... Why is there always somebody trying this on to ruin it for the rest of us? I just tried to enter using the same car and setup to see how he'd done it, but got denied in the usual way.... how did he do it?

Have to say I don't really get why people are upset about this. Just ignore his time and aim for the next one (if you seriously are a contender for best in the world).

If this situation opens up a glitch everyone can exploit and the event gets taken down, sure that sucks, but it's looking like that's not going to happen. Personally I think it's someone who has dev permissions, either a hacker, or a developer, or friend of either of the above etc.

But seriously, how is it ruining anything for you? And just speak for yourself please, rather than "the rest of us". You also seem to want to use that car too, which is a little odd.

It's pretty obvious the guy must be aware that everyone will notice he's running that car, so not so much a "cheater" as someone highlighting some weird exploit. Personally I find it kinda interesting.

I just watched the replay of the #1 ranking on the GVS TT. The car looks poorly rendered in the cockpit. Inside the cockpit the steering looks awful and no LED's on it, the Super GT windshield banner is all glitched up. (Don't know if it is just my PS3) Can someone possibly watch the replay and tell me if it is like that for you?

This again screams developer or some sort of hacker (is that possible? Gameshark or something?). By the way, at risk of sounding like a noob here how do you watch the replay? I don't take much notice of the top times as i'm never gonna have the time, inclination or probably skill to trouble the front runners so I get my kicks seeing which bone stock cars I can Gold in. At the moment I can see how to download their ghost but how do you get a replay which might show the interior etc?

Last edited:
Tyger
This again screams developer or some sort of hacker (is that possible? Gameshark or something?). By the way, at risk of sounding like a noob here how do you watch the replay? I don't take much notice of the top times as i'm never gonna have the time, inclination or probably skill to trouble the front runners so I get my kicks seeing which bone stock cars I can Gold in. At the moment I can see how to download their ghost but how do you get a replay which might show the interior etc?

Click on the rankings tab on the seasonal event, click the name at top of the leader board, click watch replay or save replay. There you go :)

I just took a look and didn't see anything screwed up on the replay as far as any graphics looking glitchy.........so, it could just be on how it was received on your end.

But, yes, it is sickening when someone finds a way to flaunt the rules in some shape or form just to get to the top.

Just put my 2J back on share for you guys. Setting sheet A has the flipped trans and Sheet C has the tranny trick. The flipped tranny seems to be faster by far for me. Improved my time by half a second with it. Currently 134th. Losing a ton of time on that last sweeping corner. Once I get that nailed down, I should be able to crack the top 50 at least. Anyway, anyone that wants to try it thats not on my friends list already, feel free to send a fr if you wanna try it. Good luck everyone and hope the car helps. Peace.

I know it's trouble but is there any way you could post that setup? At least the "flipped tranny"(I don't know what that is) or do you have it already posted somewhere? I just can't quite get my 2J right. Almost but not as good as it can be.

Or I guess I could send a friend request. Will you be on in a bit?

reddog78
I just took a look and didn't see anything screwed up on the replay as far as any graphics looking glitchy.........so, it could just be on how it was received on your end.

But, yes, it is sickening when someone finds a way to flaunt the rules in some shape or form just to get to the top.

Hmmm strange! I'll see if it does it again the morning. If it does I'll record it so you can see :)

guys,take a look at the 1st time for 650pp time trial.

Using a supergt car and racing soft??

Last edited:
The top gran vally guy is in a Calsonic IMPUL GT-R. The competition is supposed to be British cars only.

I know it's trouble but is there any way you could post that setup? At least the "flipped tranny"(I don't know what that is) or do you have it already posted somewhere? I just can't quite get my 2J right. Almost but not as good as it can be.

Or I guess I could send a friend request. Will you be on in a bit?

Its just easier if you send a fr. Send to cargorat323. I'll be on a biy longer or I'll get it in the morning.

Just Luck.

LOL! It's not luck, it's a big gaping hole in PD's code. At the very least the server should reject cars or setups that don't qualify. Some of these game console coders must think they can be so freakin lazy just because they're working with a closed system. Unbelievable.

This doesn't even qualify as a hack. If it were actually a hack, then bare minimum I would expect to see a "McLaren" (or some other British car) driving on "sports/hard" tires. Only after analyzing the replay would you be able to detect that it's some other car on race tires. Even that would be pretty pathetic to succeed at defeating PD's server security.

I love how people rage at the "cheaters" when the blame falls squarely on PD. PD must love it too.

Last edited:
You also seem to want to use that car too, which is a little odd.

I don't want to use that car, I just wanted to see if it was a game glitch or if he had hacked it somehow.... and I do think I speak for quite a few of us when I say that people like this ruin it for us all because it may lead to the event being withdrawn.

Damn ! Just bought a Woodone GT-R bought Turbo and Racing Softs. Can't enter :grumpy:

Glad I already golded it.

not to worry, the last time this happend was the 500pp american cars event, the lap got dumped after a couple of days.
P.S. does anyone have a good gear ratio set for the mclaren f1. Also is there any good way of stopping the wheelspin into 4th gear? im running 1.58.5 at the moment.

Back