TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
No probs mate, what was the grade they gave for online gaming?
Grade was B* . The asterix is the packet loss test comes back saying unable to test, due to lack of Java on the PS3 browser I guess.

I just did a test on my ps3, it's connected wirelessly to my router (but with a high signal strength). I got ping: 33ms and jitter: 6ms. My computer is connected wired to the same router and gave these results:

Tested my speed too (on my computer) and got download: 23.44mbps and upload: 0.86mbps
👍

Immortal I sent you the car it also has my tune but it was for Tokyo so you will news to adjust it for Suzuka. Also change your number from 20 so we won't be clones. Look forward to practice later.

Glad to hear the race was a good on from a connection point of view.

Truth be told I have not been involved as much as I should of been recently, it's been pretty hard to get motivated to organize something I can't compete in anymore.

Honestly I thought the series was going to end up a DNF like me :lol: This however is good news that we are making progress (finally) with connections 👍

I will try my hardest to fill the spots back up asap. I will only be able to do this on the forum however so if anyone has a mate on PSN that would like to join us then they will need to add Toffe and either read this thread or the website for the rules and that.

Cheers again to all of you that have worked to keep the events going!! :)

Hey Steg, yeah completely understand why it would be hard to get motivated for it after your ps3 went t1ts up. If I get a decent replay to work with (every car but mine has lag in my replays) I'll get a vid done so at least you can see what's going on in the races.

Regarding connections it's obvious to see Toffe is best to host the races even though my ping and banwidth didn't look bad at all, however that was off peak, tested last evening and it varied quite a lot and was far worse, so may be worth testing tonight around the same time as we race to see who has the best connection speed.

Immortal I sent you the car it also has my tune but it was for Tokyo so you will news to adjust it for Suzuka. Also change your number from 20 so we won't be clones. Look forward to practice later.

Just discovered that I had aero for all 3 of my setups @ 35/45 :dunce:
Wondered why the car felt less grippy at Tokyo than it had been at previous tracks, that will teach me to check next time :lol:

jonzster
Regarding connections it's obvious to see Toffe is best to host the races even though my ping and banwidth didn't look bad at all, however that was off peak, tested last evening and it varied quite a lot and was far worse, so may be worth testing tonight around the same time as we race to see who has the best connection speed.

Damn, I forgot about putting the time of day into the equation :dopey: It would be awesome if everyone could do the test on wednesday 30-60 mins before the race...

Just discovered that I had aero for all 3 of my setups @ 35/45 :dunce:
Wondered why the car felt less grippy at Tokyo than it had been at previous tracks, that will teach me to check next time :lol:
:lol: That happened me once in the NSX championship too. The other cars are lagging on your replay? They lag much or little? During the actual race, the lag (if any) felt minimal. Weird in that case if cars are lagging in the replay but not in the race:dunce:

And drivers: Don't forget tomorrow's race is in my lounge again. If you don't have me added, please do so, so that you are able to find the lounge easily. My PSN id is: GTP_Toffe

Sorry guys won't make tonight as I need to work late. Was trying to wangle my way out of it but no luck. Doubtful for next week too:grumpy:

:lol: That happened me once in the NSX championship too. The other cars are lagging on your replay? They lag much or little? During the actual race, the lag (if any) felt minimal. Weird in that case if cars are lagging in the replay but not in the race:dunce:

And drivers: Don't forget tomorrow's race is in my lounge again. If you don't have me added, please do so, so that you are able to find the lounge easily. My PSN id is: GTP_Toffe

Noticed when switching between set ups it changes it's self back to 35/40, so that seems to be the problem, need to keep an eye on that :lol:
Yeah every car except mine,most of the time it's not too bad... sort of stuttering along but sometimes cars jumping across the track, smash into barriers.

Sorry guys won't make tonight as I need to work late. Was trying to wangle my way out of it but no luck. Doubtful for next week too:grumpy:

Hope you make the next one but no worries.

Damn, I forgot about putting the time of day into the equation :dopey: It would be awesome if everyone could do the test on wednesday 30-60 mins before the race...

Rang up VM and told them about their ancient modem that I was still using and they agreed it belonged in a museum :lol:
so they kindly agreed to send me a hub to replace my old cable modem and seperate router combo free of charge:)

Now getting 27 ms ping, 9.94mb dl, 1.02 ul(on the laptop). So at least that's my upload bandwidth more than doubled :) I'll test the PS3 half hour before the race starts and see what I get then.

jonzster
Rang up VM and told them about their ancient modem that I was still using and they agreed it belonged in a museum :lol:
so they kindly agreed to send me a hub to replace my old cable modem and seperate router combo free of charge:)

Now getting 27 ms ping, 9.94mb dl, 1.02 ul(on the laptop). So at least that's my upload bandwidth more than doubled :) I'll test the PS3 half hour before the race starts and see what I get then.

LMAO museum

Thats awesome speed..Interested to see what it'll be like half hour before the race...

4 finished
Immortal pilot 1st
Jonzster 2nd +17.613
R35 SKYL1N3 3rd +1.03.341
GTP_toffe 4th +1.31.866

Poor show man, you guys have a good race ?

You look pretty spread out in the finishes, was it like this for most of the race ?

Poor show man, you guys have a good race ?

You look pretty spread out in the finishes, was it like this for most of the race ?
Well, the race itself was sort of interesting at times, I had some battles with R35, but I had practiced way too little and was a little unfocused... made more mistakes than usual. Got a good start, but then the jonzster, Matt and immortal flew away:scared: Only 4 people finished... that's quite low to be honest. For each race I realize how good you are at organizing Steg 👍 we miss you! Immortalpilot and jonzster were lightning fast today, well done. Grayfox seemed saw Matt as loading constantly so he sat the race over.

As immortalpilot said in the chat after the race: "this is a good series, why don't more drivers want to join". I wonder that too..

Great quote from immortal. It's a shame it is a good series. I guess we've had a lot of bad luck, what with connections and Steg unable to take part, coupled with what I think is quite a hard car to master... re setup and tuning... people don't have the patience.

Immortal was very quick here, I tried to stay with him but he was pulling a good few tenths every lap. I even pitted one lap earlier than him to try and get a head, that did put me near him but repeat of the the earlier laps happened with immortal gaining a second a lap or more. I love Suzuka so I kind of still enjoyed the race.

LMAO museum

Thats awesome speed..Interested to see what it'll be like half hour before the race...

Sugar!...I forgot to do that :dunce: but I did test a few times just after you posted and got about average 46ms ping.

Cheers lads, at least some of us like the series :lol:

I think this season is jinxed man and I don't even believe in that rubbish !!

Even with the glitch I miss the Nsx :(

I will try my best to sort out the driver situation but it's tricky without Psn 👎

On the plus side I am aiming for a return at Monaco :)

Surprised that Sic & Seb never showed, Seb especially is usually as reliable as they come. I think Sic may have been in one too many incidents for his liking, he was talking of leaving after a few Nsx races so he did well to make it to season 2 :lol:
Will be a shame if he is out though, one of the best guys to race I have came across.

One thing is for sure, this is the first and last Tvr series I attempt :lol:

Sadly Sic doesn't seem to be on my psn list anymore, dunno why cos I think I got on well with him. How's Haigis? hope he's Ok.

Sadly Sic doesn't seem to be on my psn list anymore, dunno why cos I think I got on well with him. How's Haigis? hope he's Ok.

Gutted :(

Haig is ok........ I think, not spoke to him for a bit.

His car broke so he may well be suffering from heavy depression :lol:

Guys I'm really sorry for it to come to this but I must drop out. I have personal matters that I must attend to and if I have extra time I will return. Also I got disconneted halfway thru the race and I just turn off the PS3 out of frustration.

Guys I'm really sorry for it to come to this but I must drop out. I have personal matters that I must attend to and if I have extra time I will return. Also I got disconneted halfway thru the race and I just turn off the PS3 out of frustration.

No problem, hope you get everything sorted ok bud ;)

Back