Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
FM looks like more of the same that we’ve seen before with some extra bells and whistles to keep up with the competition, nothing about it seems really innovative or new to the racing genre despite being “built from the ground up.”

But tbf they used that line 10 years ago with Forza Motorsport 5 and looked how things went after that.

So no, I don’t think PD has anything about when it comes to FM. It’s FM that is still behind, for most things anyway.
It feels so much better, the off track/collision AI is great, the AI racers are better than I have ever raced against. I have had many bumper to bumper races with the ai so far which I only used to get from real player's.
It genuinely is a whole new system, it's amazing.

It feels so much better, the off track/collision AI is great, the AI racers are better than I have ever raced against. I have had many bumper to bumper races with the ai so far which I only used to get from real player's.
It genuinely is a whole new system, it's amazing.
Did they bring back custom public lobbies yet?

Here's my take:

Gran Turismo 7 is like a steakhouse that wants to be a five-star restaurant but is only a four-star at best . . . perhaps only a three-star. The salads are ok, but boring. There are a limited number of appetizers and the menu has at times a limited variety. The staff is welcoming but they don’t communicate as often as a five-star experience should. That’s why Gran Turismo 7 – while praised – is continually criticized for what it’s missing.

Along comes a new restaurant that has more options, friendlier staff, lots of appetizers and a bevy of salad options.

There’s only one issue here. The new restaurant is an Olive Garden.

This is Forza Motorsport.

There’s nothing wrong with Olive Garden. I just don’t confuse it with a steakhouse. And I love the stakehouse called Gran Turismo 7.

Check SuperGT’s review on YouTube to see what I mean.

Granted, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
You really need to play it for yourself, as a casual racing SIM gamer (GT is in this) I would say feelings on its own when driving are like a generation ahead, the AI is leaps and bounds ahead, GT NEEDS to have AI like FM.
If you play with gamepad it's a blast I can't put it down. Even tho I have too for a few hours 😒.
Been through a set of rechargeable batteries (they are on charge) have a fresh set in the gamepad, but adult life is calling.

Unsure, I havn't left career mode yet it's so fun(I don't want to do adulting now I want to play game lol), I can check when I return in a few hours.

So from what I’m gathering, the only things that FM does better is the structure of the races for single player and ai, but PD has already showed what the sophie ai can do so that advantage will not last.

Meanwhile you still can’t even see a list of public custom lobbies, a fundamental feature in a game like this and the most requested one in FM for the past 10 years.

Last edited:
You really need to play it for yourself, as a casual racing SIM gamer (GT is in this) I would say feelings on its own when driving are like a generation ahead, the AI is leaps and bounds ahead, GT NEEDS to have AI like FM.
Does it equal Sophy? That would be quite the feat. Did you play against Sophy when that was an option in GT7?
If you play with gamepad it's a blast I can't put it down. Even tho I have too for a few hours 😒.
Been through a set of rechargeable batteries (they are on charge) have a fresh set in the gamepad, but adult life is calling.
I play with a wheel and in VR on Gran Turismo exclusively. I haven't used a gamepad of any kind to race regularly in a Gran Turismo game since the early days of GT Sport (for a couple weeks we had to share time on the PS4.) There is not multi-screen support nor VR support for Forza Motorsport at the moment.

This is the quintessential Steakhouse vs. Olive Garden moment for me. Nothing wrong with Olive Garden . . . but it's not a steakhouse.

I've done 4/5 races, and already the Campaign is better than GT7's. Ban cat and mouse chases!

Irrelevant for me, as I play Forza for Multiplayer and I am yet to jump into it BUT, I know there are already more offerings than GT7's 3 races a week joke of a Sport mode.

IMG_20231005_160350_edit_258603570414184.jpg

Popped back for 30mins so I can play it more lol.

But where is the list of lobbies?

Lobbies in GT7
View attachment 1292714
Didn't have time to look any further, gotta go back out, had one race lol.

Reviews are opinions, people need to try games to actually know what they are like for themselves, I watched loads of bad reviews for GT7 and some good, ended up buying a PlayStation to play GT7. If it was flipped I would have bought an Xbox for FM and I would be grinning from ear to ear from what I have played so far.
It's amazing.

Reviews are opinions, people need to try games to actually know what they are like for themselves, I watched loads of bad reviews for GT7 and some good, ended up buying a PlayStation to play GT7. If it was flipped I would have bought an Xbox for FM and I would be grinning from ear to ear from what I have played so far.
It's amazing.
I’ll be trying it on pc game pass. But I also played the FM series for a very long time and from what I seen this is just the same **** but a different pile.

I don’t think I need to blow $100 cad on the standard version to figure that out with all the gameplay footage I’ve seen.

I’ll be trying it on pc game pass. But I also played the FM series for a very long time and from what I seen this is just the same **** but a different pile.

I don’t think I need to blow $100 cad on the standard version to figure that out with all the gameplay footage I’ve seen.
I have Gamepass+ I purchased the premium add-on to get VIP, the carpass, and early access. It cost just over £20 for the add-on

I've done 4/5 races, and already the Campaign is better than GT7's. Ban cat and mouse chases!

Irrelevant for me, as I play Forza for Multiplayer and I am yet to jump into it BUT, I know there are already more offerings than GT7's 3 races a week joke of a Sport mode.
I normally don't touch single player career but so far I'm having loads of fun, can't wait to play MP on it tho after I have some good cars from single player, think I will have a bash at rivals first before online MP tho.

I think Forza is the game a lot of people want, they just don't want to admit it due to either loyalty to Sony or they got this idea that GT is the "cool kid's" racing game, when it couldn't be more of the opposite.
I’ve seen over the years, people don’t want Forza, plus other racing games, because they‘re not GT. Simple as that.
Many players are missing out different ways to play in other racing games. They all have strengths and weaknesses. In the end, it’s personal preferences. Some just can’t be bothered. Some try other games and just don’t like them, no matter how good of features other games have.

I think Forza is the game a lot of people want, they just don't want to admit it due to either loyalty to Sony or they got this idea that GT is the "cool kid's" racing game, when it couldn't be more of the opposite.
That would just be missing out on something amazing...
I have both devices and both games, it's really a game you don't want to miss especially if you are a gamepad racer, others are having amazing fun with wheels(there are some not having fun with wheels also)
Personally I'm a gamer foremost, from a gamer FM is worth Gamepass which you can get a DL code for like sub £10 for ultimate (do not buy core games not on that, and Gamepass console doesn't include MP) and play it in 5 day's. What's the worse you lose £10 lol

Been playing it(FM) this morning lol, it's still amazing, the car part unlocks really isn't an issue and is good I think, it's gets you to learn the car and know what needs working on, rather than you just chucking on the regular bit's.
While I accept that early on, the car levels it may seem to be interesting and not an issue, I think the more you play, the bigger an issue it will become.

The most fun I can have right now in GT7 for example, is choosing a car on a whim, tuning it and then chucking it into a custom race. You can't do that in Forza Motorsport, since you need to drive the car for a couple of hours first.

So when you get to the point where you're spending more time buying and tuning cars, that's when you will become completely stuck with the system. To me, it's a poorly thought out system from day 1, I don't understand this trend in games of limiting player freedom compared to the older games. It's happened in Gran Turismo, and it's happening in Forza.

Compare GT7 to earlier titles, it has the most linear career mode to any of them, including GT Sport folowing the career mode update. It also had fewer races than all other GT games barring GT1.

The new Forza is more linear and more restrictive in player freedoms than previous Forza's and offers one of the shortest career modes. I don't understand why developers can't figure out clever ways to improve the freedoms availalbe as opposed to restricting them.

Regarding your other point, car levels catergorically do not pass from car to car. If you buy a Ford GT and get it upto level 50 and buy another Ford GT, that new one is level 1.

Last edited:
While I accept that early on, the car levels it may seem to be interesting and not an issue, I think the more you play, the bigger an issue it will become.

The most fun I can have right now in GT7 for example, is choosing a car on a whim, tuning it and then chucking it into a custom race. You can't do that in Forza Motorsport, since you need to drive the car for a couple of hours first.

So when you get to the point where you're spending more time buying and tuning cars, that's when you will become completely stuck with the system. To me, it's a poorly thought out system from day 1, I don't understand this trend in games of limiting player freedom compared to the older games. It's happened in Gran Turismo, and it's happening in Forza.

Compare GT7 to earlier titles, it has the most linear career mode to any of them, including GT Sport folowing the career mode update. It also had fewer races than all other GT games barring GT1.

The new Forza is more linear and more restrictive in player freedoms than previous Forza's and offers one of the shortest career modes. I don't understand why developers can't figure out clever ways to improve the freedoms availalbe as opposed to restricting them.

Regarding your other point, car levels catergorically do not pass from car to car. If you buy a Ford GT and get it upto level 50 and buy another Ford GT, that new one is level 1.
I'm 3 races into a hatch back builders cup and I have ranked my car to level 20(out of 50), it's being blown out of proportion how much effort it takes, play for a few builders cups say 10 races and you will have unlocked most parts you will need for the car.

Cars cost vastly more in GT7 than they do in Forza so it's swings and roundabouts. I actually prefer the bond it's creating with me and my cars, if I wanted to buy and mod then buy and mod then buy and mod and flip flop cars I would play either gt7(if I had cash to buy the cars) or play FH5 where cars are basically given to you and money amounts are mad.

Or maybe some people are happy with just GT and there's nothing wrong with that.

From what I seen from videos and reviews I'm not a fan of the driving physics feel way to arcadey for my taste.

Everything on car tuning unlocks on its way to level 35 apart from engine swap(lvl40) & drive train swap(lvl50).
I have more car credits than I can use and the car is LVL 21 after finishing 3 races with practice laps.

Or maybe some people are happy with just GT and there's nothing wrong with that.

From what I seen from videos and reviews I'm not a fan of the driving physics feel way to arcadey for my taste.
Handling isn't arcade like at all. It's very similar to GT7 but better in all ways in regards to sensation of what's happening. The dynamic weather can be a handful of not expecting rain.

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_180958_edit_261660228725176.jpg
    IMG_20231005_180958_edit_261660228725176.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm 3 races into a hatch back builders cup and I have ranked my car to level 20(out of 50), it's being blown out of proportion how much effort it takes, play for a few builders cups say 10 races and you will have unlocked most parts you will need for the car.

Cars cost vastly more in GT7 than they do in Forza so it's swings and roundabouts. I actually prefer the bond it's creating with me and my cars, if I wanted to buy and mod then buy and mod then buy and mod and flip flop cars I would play either gt7(if I had cash to buy the cars) or play FH5 where cars are basically given to you and money amounts are mad.
It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get to level 50 where you have all parts unlocked. I see zero sense in locking parts behind this limitation. It's a step backwards from the freedom of having the Cr to do what you wanted when you wanted. A big step backwards.

But how long it takes to unlock the car parts isn't really relevent, it could take 20 minutes to get to level 50, the point is it's an uncessary restriction of what the player can choose to do.

I'm not comparing it to GT7 in the sense of which game is best, GT7 has it's own issues. I'm comparing the lack of intelligent game design of both titles compared to the older titles within the same respective series.

There is something very wrong when a developer can release titles like FM3 and FM4 and then many years later deliver FM 2023. Same goes for PD and the GT series. I'm not saiyng people cannot enjoy either or both games by the way. Just that both are from a design point of view, very dissapointing.

They restrict what the player can do in ways that previous games didn't, for reasons that don't improve the game in any meaningful way.

You may not mind, and that's absolutely fine, honestly it is. I'm not here to tell you you're wrong if you think FM 2023 is the best racing game out right now. But from a game design point of view, it's a big step backwards. There were some great ideas in past titles (of both series) that haven't been expanded on and dropped.

With less dumbing down and a bit more intelligent thinking behind the game design, we could have some really, really interesting ideas and career designs. But they're stuck in a rut IMO and can only think that the average fan can't handle anything more complicated than the linear approaches both titles recent offerings provide.

Last edited:

Right and theres nothing wrong with Forza. It really just depends on the experience one is looking for. Im happy with GT, but some people are not. Some people want more of a racing GAME than an console attempt at a DRIVING SIMULATOR. Personally, I don't think one is greater than the other. I think its apples and oranges. Yes, they're both fruits but thats where the comparisons end. I think its a waste of time and energy to complain about an apple not being an orange.

Personally I'm a gamer foremost,
I think this is where the impasse lies. Personally, I am NOT a gamer first and I don't think GT is trying to be a "gamer's game". Honestly, I feel like one is kind of messing the point if GT is played like "gamer's game". I think GT is geared more toward people that want to tune and drive and challenge themselves to improve technique versus completing tasks.

Good thing they are not arcadey when actually playing.
Well it always depends on what is defined as arcadey. A few weeks ago they claimed that it has the best tyre physics in any simulator, but most reviews say it’s still simcade and far from being comparable to ACC, iRacing and rFactor 2. Famine who reviewed the game for gtplanet said it something between GT7 and FH5 and i trust his judgement more than most of the forum members here. But well the target audience are still people using a pad after all.

Last edited:
It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get to level 50 where you have all parts unlocked. I see zero sense in locking parts behind this limitation. It's a step backwards from the freedom of having the Cr to do what you wanted when you wanted. A big step backwards.

But how long it takes to unlock the car parts isn't really relevent, it could take 20 minutes to get to level 50, the point is it's an uncessary restriction of what the player can choose to do.

I'm not comparing it to GT7 in the sense of which game is best, GT7 has it's own issues. I'm comparing the lack of intelligent game design of both titles compared to the older titles within the same respective series.

There is something very wrong when a developer can release titles like FM3 and FM4 and then many years later deliver FM 2023. Same goes for PD and the GT series. I'm not saiyng people cannot enjoy either or both games by the way. Just that both are from a design point of view, very dissapointing.

They restrict what the player can do in ways that previous games didn't, for reasons that don't improve the game in any meaningful way.

You may not mind, and that's absolutely fine, honestly it is. I'm not here to tell you you're wrong if you think FM 2023 is the best racing game out right now. But from a game design point of view, it's a big step backwards. There were some great ideas in past titles (of both series) that haven't been expanded on and dropped.

With less dumbing down and a bit more intelligent thinking behind the game design, we could have some really, really interesting ideas and career designs. But they're stuck in a rut IMO and can only think that the average fan can't handle anything more complicated than the linear approaches both titles recent offerings provide.
One race and practice after my last screenshot. 7 level increase, leveling is really easy it's not even worth worrying about. What I di think is they should keep the level for the same car if you buy a second.

I think this is where the impasse lies. Personally, I am NOT a gamer first and I don't think GT is trying to be a "gamer's game". Honestly, I feel like one is kind of messing the point if GT is played like "gamer's game". I think GT is geared more toward people that want to tune and drive and challenge themselves to improve technique versus completing tasks.
They are all game's that's what I mean by a gamer. So yeah Gt7 is a game a gamer will play. My Alfa Romeo outside when I use that I'm not a gamer.

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_180958_edit_261660228725176.jpg
    IMG_20231005_180958_edit_261660228725176.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231005_184656_edit_262142076315206.jpg
    IMG_20231005_184656_edit_262142076315206.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes it wont leave gt7 behind, by the looks of it, the game is not even worth buying day one, to little content, i wait at least 6 momths maybe more, i have both gt7 and crew motorfest to,keep me busy
I mean neither games are really blowing the market away. They're just both living in their own little bubbles it feels like, and it makes sense considering both of them have little competition. Would be interesting to see how different it would be if they were both on the same consoles.

I am appreciating GT much more lately, but it's also just more or less because its a fresh change of pace for me not having bought one for a while.

Last edited:
Back