::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a way to check the power/weight of each car (or groups of cars rather, but it's awkward.

Say the NSX needs the lowest power/highest weight to balance, before the race the rules and regs are set to the NSX's standard, all NSX drivers must join the track to demonstrate we their car is eligible. After this point forward, NSX drivers cannot go to their garage or settings menu (we can see if they do). So their cars will be to the correct setting. You can then simply change the rule settings so the other cars are eligible.

The more different car groups we have, the harder it is.

It might be too complicated, but it definitely would work.

I'll be able to race tonight, Let me know here or psn if there will be a spot open in a GT500 car. If there is room, dont count on me being able to connect though!

I got my IT-guys attention about the portforwarding, hopefully they'll sort me out.

Oh, and.. Share your B-Spec drivers, guys!! :-)

There is a way to check the power/weight of each car (or groups of cars rather, but it's awkward.

Say the NSX needs the lowest power/highest weight to balance, before the race the rules and regs are set to the NSX's standard, all NSX drivers must join the track to demonstrate we their car is eligible. After this point forward, NSX drivers cannot go to their garage or settings menu (we can see if they do). So their cars will be to the correct setting. You can then simply change the rule settings so the other cars are eligible.

The more different car groups we have, the harder it is.

It might be too complicated, but it definitely would work.

Great idea! You sure it works? That the NSX'es wont get "kicked" if the rules are changed so that the NSX's don't meet the new rules?

I'll be able to race tonight, Let me know here or psn if there will be a spot open in a GT500 car. If there is room, dont count on me being able to connect though!

I got my IT-guys attention about the portforwarding, hopefully they'll sort me out.

Oh, and.. Share your B-Spec drivers, guys!! :-)

I suggest you run the race in a GT300. Because it does'nt matter as far as connection testing goes. Also, the GT500 grid is full, and the GT300 grid still got 3 open spots.

Great idea! You sure it works? That the NSX'es wont get "kicked" if the rules are changed so that the NSX's don't meet the new rules?

The NSX will have the rules set at the absolute lowest, only the NSX will be able to join, as the others should be too high power (although the same can be done with weight). Once all NSX's have joined, the regs can be relaxed so others can join. The only stipulation being that the NSX's cannot enter garage or enter the tuning menu once this process has taken place. Ideally you would do it just before the race starts once everyone is happy with there tunes.

The NSX's will not be kicked.

Stevisiov
The NSX will have the rules set at the absolute lowest, only the NSX will be able to join, as the others should be too high power (although the same can be done with weight). Once all NSX's have joined, the regs can be relaxed so others can join. The only stipulation being that the NSX's cannot enter garage or enter the tuning menu once this process has taken place. Ideally you would do it just before the race starts once everyone is happy with there tunes.

The NSX's will not be kicked.

We use this on our shifter league. Lotus' enter pits with 226hp. Then it's raised to 246hp few enter. Then to 276 and all others enter pit.

Once in pits u can not tune or change anything.

This works perfect

Yes I have figured it out and will use an example.

Lets say for the sake of this example that all cars have 1100 weight limit and that the cars are agreed to these power levels.

NSX must have 500hp

GT-R must have 510HP

Supra must have 520HP

Lexus must have 530HP

All powers here should be subject to testing in reality.

------

Just before race starts and cars are ordered to 'go to track', power limit is set to 500HP

All NSX must join. (and not leave)

limit is adjusted to 510.

All GT-R's must join (and not leave)

limit is set to 520

All Supra's must join (and not leave)

limit is set to 530

All Lexus must join

race can start. immediately, all cars are in pits to the correct regs.

It can't take more than two minutes.

The only thing is the room owner (who sets the rules) either has to be in the Lexus, or is trusted to have spec'ed their car according to the rules.

if necessary the owner can exhibit their car is to regs by setting power limit to whatever it needs to be for them first, they then enter the pits and immediately leave the pits before the main process for everyone else begins

the last group of cars to join the track will be able to see if the owner enters his garage and there should be no delay between the last group of cars entering the pits and the owner entering the pits/starting the race. It would take at least 10-15 secs for an owner to go into his garage and alter power or weight settings before then enetering the track, any such delay should not be deemed necessary to simply enter the pits and start the race.

i trust everyone here anyway!

Stevisov idea is great if we want to use the hp and wheight limit for the GT300, to prevent people from cheating. 👍

Did a quick test of 2 laps in an IS350 and a RX7, bothe at 300 HP and 1200 Kg, and both laped at 1:58 in Daytona, less than half a second adrift.

Need to test a lot more though. :sly:

PS: I love the idea of setting a min limit for wheight, so we can use the wheight balance to cure oversteer or understeer. :)

Race #1, Friday 18th, Connect Time: 9pm GMT, Race Time: 10pm GMT. Daytona Road, 25 laps.

RACE #1​
7 GT500's and 7 GT300's

GT500
C-Falcon89
Centura
chorda
Nycrom
Paginas
Vaga
JPzer

GT300
GTP_african_cat
ffocus2008
Neomone (Simply because I want your opinion)
Moieman
doctsuru_69
Scanny_Flick
SteelToedSloth

Grid for the race: We will just do it simple. Your place in the list above is also your grid spot.

Those of you that are interested in solwing any connection issues should try to be in the room at 9pm GMT sharp! We will set up a few small races during the first 30-45 minutes prior the race to test different room settings.

It will probably be 3 different small races. ("very high", "high (recommended)", and the next one on the list (don't know the name of that setting)). All other settings will be: no mic, not fixed, open lobby.

I will post the different roomnumbers IN THIS POST.

Room 1 (standard): 1472-4710-9995-5397-2017
Room 2 (high):
Room 3 (very high):
Race room:

Drivers marked with red are drivers that we need some feedback from regarding roomsettings/connection issues.
Drivers marked with blue are new drivers that need to do a practice race to meke sure that he fully understands the rules and regulations.

We will have a small discussion in this thread after each small race. Simply post "race 1. ok" or "race 1. not ok". And after race number 3, I'll simply start the race in that room-type we experienced less issues with. This only concerns drivers marked in red and blue.

I want the new drivers to post in the thread that you have got everything right, and if not, you have to ask the questions you might got in the thread as well. We will probably do the races at 09:10 pm, 09:25 pm and 09:40 pm (GMT).

The drivers listed in this post will be garanteed a spot in Race #1. Any new drivers or drivers that have experianced issues will from now on end up in Race #2.

XsApollo and GTP_Senninha was moved to Race #2 since we need to keep a race as close as possible to the real Championship for the new guys. (hope you guys don't mind)

RACE #2.​
The rest of the drivers on the list will be racing in race #2.
eppe00 is hosting. (It's in the OP)

Divers:

GT500:
XsApollo
OwensRacing
NilsUrban
GTP_Sigma
johnkiller2
Wardez

GT300:
eppe00
GTP_Aderrrm
KamyKaze1098
GTP_Senninha

Standard room open.

Can't make it to the practice race. All the stuff you're talking about limiting power and weight by only allowing certain cars through then changing up the regs is the right way to go, smart thinking.

Have fun!

One of the rx7's darted across the track behind me once during your first race chorda, either moleman or steeltoedsloth, couldnt tell which as they were both behind me side by side!

Race #1, Friday 18th, Connect Time: 9pm GMT, Race Time: 10pm GMT. Daytona Road, 25 laps.

RACE #1​
7 GT500's and 7 GT300's

GT500
C-Falcon89
Centura
chorda
Nycrom
Paginas
Vaga
JPzer

GT300
GTP_african_cat
ffocus2008
Moieman
doctsuru_69
Scanny_Flick
SteelToedSloth

Grid for the race: We will just do it simple. Your place in the list above is also your grid spot.

Those of you that are interested in solwing any connection issues should try to be in the room at 9pm GMT sharp! We will set up a few small races during the first 30-45 minutes prior the race to test different room settings.

It will probably be 3 different small races. ("very high", "high (recommended)", and the next one on the list (don't know the name of that setting)). All other settings will be: no mic, not fixed, open lobby.

Room 1 (standard): 1472-4710-9995-5397-2017 CLOSED
Room 2 (high): 1472-6118-3701-4252-8579
Room 3 (very high):
Race room:

Drivers marked with red are drivers that we need some feedback from regarding roomsettings/connection issues.
Drivers marked with blue are new drivers that need to do a practice race to meke sure that he fully understands the rules and regulations.

We will have a small discussion in this thread after each small race. Simply post "race 1. ok" or "race 1. not ok". And after race number 3, I'll simply start the race in that room-type we experienced less issues with. This only concerns drivers marked in red and blue.

I want the new drivers to post in the thread that you have got everything right, and if not, you have to ask the questions you might got in the thread as well. We will probably do the races at 09:10 pm, 09:25 pm and 09:40 pm (GMT).

The drivers listed in this post will be garanteed a spot in Race #1. Any new drivers or drivers that have experianced issues will from now on end up in Race #2.

XsApollo and GTP_Senninha was moved to Race #2 since we need to keep a race as close as possible to the real Championship for the new guys. (hope you guys don't mind)

RACE #2.​

Divers:

GT500:
XsApollo
OwensRacing
NilsUrban
GTP_Sigma
johnkiller2
Wardez

GT300:
eppe00
GTP_Aderrrm
KamyKaze1098
GTP_Senninha

Room up.. (high)

Just out of curiosity, why are we testing race levels? Standard and High offer no benefit over Very High race quality, surely? I don't understand.

RACE #1​
7 GT500's and 7 GT300's

GT500
C-Falcon89
Centura
chorda
Nycrom
Paginas
Vaga
JPzer

GT300
GTP_african_cat
ffocus2008
Moieman
doctsuru_69
Scanny_Flick
SteelToedSloth

Room 2 (high): 1472-6118-3701-4252-8579 CLOSED
Room 3 (very high): 1472-6399-8494-1423-6411
Race room:

RACE #2.​

Divers:

GT500:
XsApollo
OwensRacing
NilsUrban
GTP_Sigma
johnkiller2
Wardez

GT300:
eppe00
GTP_Aderrrm
KamyKaze1098
GTP_Senninha

Room up (very high)

Just out of curiosity, why are we testing race levels? Standard and High offer no benefit over Very High race quality, surely? I don't understand.

Maybee not for you... For me, the difference is pretty much a smoothr race

Also, strange of you to ask why now.. When it's been in the thread for 2 days..

The reason I ask now is that I haven't had time to check this thread - this is the first time I've been free all week ;)

But it seems we are wasting time tonight for seemingly no benefit - how is Standard or High quality going to result in a smoother race? That's what I don't understand. If you were able to explain why it is of benefit, then maybe I'd understand why we are jumping from lobby to lobby to test something like this.

The reason I ask now is that I haven't had time to check this thread - this is the first time I've been free all week ;)

But it seems we are wasting time tonight for seemingly no benefit - how is Standard or High quality going to result in a smoother race? That's what I don't understand. If you were able to explain why it is of benefit, then maybe I'd understand why we are jumping from lobby to lobby to test something like this.

for people who have had connection problems or who have been laggy in pre-season races, to see if different settings help this

RACE #1​
7 GT500's and 7 GT300's

GT500
C-Falcon89
Centura
chorda
Nycrom
Paginas
Vaga
JPzer

GT300
GTP_african_cat
ffocus2008
Moieman
doctsuru_69
Scanny_Flick
SteelToedSloth

Room 2 (high): 1472-6118-3701-4252-8579 CLOSED
Room 3 (very high): 1472-6399-8494-1423-6411 CLOSED
Race room (high): 1472-6118-4259-7712-1145

RACE #2.​

Divers:

GT500:
XsApollo
OwensRacing
NilsUrban
GTP_Sigma
johnkiller2
Wardez

GT300:
eppe00
GTP_Aderrrm
KamyKaze1098
GTP_Senninha

Race room up.. Will run in (high, recommended)

Good race guys. The broken pedals really took the fun out of it though, and sadly daytona road is a bit of slipstream fest.

NilsUrban should have been able to pull away from me at one point the trouble I was having, but the slip allowed my to keep up despite being at least 3 seconds per lap slower.

The pedal issue cleared up for a bit and I enjoyed some slip free racing at the end, until the pedal issue returned mildly at the end. It's not as mad for drafting at Monza, but Daytona is not great for racing in GT5 in my opinion.

Good race anyway guys. There certainly were some enjoyable points in that race.

Oh and sorry for going on about the pedals. Going to hopefully have a new set for next race. :)

dude wtf i got disconnected with 1 lap to finish!!! argggggh

Edit: Good race everyone, it's not letting back into the room either, i don't know what the deal it. Just when I passed Scanny with one lap to go!

Last edited:
Good fight on the second room. The Mazda Cup :sly: had a lot of overtakes, and an exciting pit stop. :sly:

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

Lonely. Race was smooth, but Focus was way too easy on the brakes into Turn 1, took the lead easily there.

About the most exciting thing to happen to me in the race was to lightly scrape the pit wall on exiting the pit lane :P - I even managed to plan my pit stops so the GT500s would lap me while I was in the pit lane, so not even any excitement there! :P - Thanks though everyone, next week will be fun.

Was nice for ca. 7 laps with Kamy and Senninha.
Then i lost concentration and spun off a little bit.
No damage though, but on a slipstream track like
this I couldn´t catch them anymore.
These kind of tracks are for F1 cars, not for a GT300
car...
And with only 3 cars in GT300.....waste of time really.

Was nice for ca. 7 laps with Kamy and Senninha.
Then i lost concentration and spun off a little bit.
No damage though, but on a slipstream track like
this I couldn´t catch them anymore.
These kind of tracks are for F1 cars, not for a GT300
car...
And with only 3 cars in GT300.....waste of time really.

agree... at least about the track not for GT300

Is there a way to get a copy of the replay file? I was disconnected and couldn't save the replay myself.

dude wtf i got disconnected with 1 lap to finish!!! argggggh

Edit: Good race everyone, it's not letting back into the room either, i don't know what the deal it. Just when I passed Scanny with one lap to go!

nightmare mate, i span into doct on the banking whilst lapping him on real old tyres, my bad. Was trying to hang on after having to pit early on lap 4 after getting damage in an incident all by myself when running a comfortable 2nd to mole, lapse of concentration :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back