::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have good connection all the way, 8 cars left at the end. But I see a lot of Green (green grass actually, LOL). I know i drive poor compared with you guys, but i think i need to improve my car also. Is there a better car than cusco dunlop impreza '08?

nightmare mate, i span into doct on the banking whilst lapping him on real old tyres, my bad. Was trying to hang on after having to pit early on lap 4 after getting damage in an incident all by myself when running a comfortable 2nd to mole, lapse of concentration :banghead:

So it was you?! I thought i caused that collision. :)
almost everyone lapped me, at one point i was thinking if i'm the only GT300 in the pack. It's my first time to join GT online racing and i was a bit tense and very tentative. I think i need to be more aggressive next time. :nervous:

yep it was me, back end just came around on me on the banking as i turned around you, completely my fault especially as it was also my fault that i was on old tyres in the first place!

you did fine for you're first time out, i havent been doing it for very long, you do get tense and spend more time trying to avoid people than driving your race! there are some quick guys here too, it gets better quite quickly with track time though

Last edited:
So it was you?! I thought i caused that collision. :)
almost everyone lapped me, at one point i was thinking if i'm the only GT300 in the pack. It's my first time to join GT online racing and i was a bit tense and very tentative. I think i need to be more aggressive next time. :nervous:

NO! You do NOT have to drive more aggressive next time! We got issues with "Aggressive driving" already. Make sure that you know the circuit well enough and build your pace from there. Do not enter the next race with "I'll have to be more aggressive this time". It will only lead to incidents, and that is something we really try to reduce. 👍

@ Andil: I don't understand why you post questions about the procedure at 9,35 pm GMT, when it was stated in the thread 2 days ago, and obviously always was on a roll with the testing.. What good did you think it would do?

I, myself experience a tad smoother racing in "very high", but som drivers lag or DC's a lot. That's why we tryed different roomsettings to see if it would help.

You, for example did not lag as much in "high" as in "very high" and "standard".

GTP_african_cat: I'm afraid you'll have a lot of issues in the future as well.

SteelToedSloth: How was your race? Why did you get DC'd? Any trouble during testing for you?

C-Falcon89: Got DC'd again... What happened? Did you experiance any issies during the small test races?

ffocus2008: Everything went fine for you?

Centura: How was your race?

JPzer: Yours?

Neomone: Where were you??

I have good connection all the way, 8 cars left at the end. But I see a lot of Green (green grass actually, LOL). I know i drive poor compared with you guys, but i think i need to improve my car also. Is there a better car than cusco dunlop impreza '08?

At the moment the suburu is not as competitive as the garaiya, rx7 and celica in gt300 but a few of the guys are running tests and working on possibly revising the regulations following todays game update before we start the season proper

Someone please get with me and explain how I get into some of the practice sessions, Please. Vince

SteelToedSloth: How was your race? Why did you get DC'd? Any trouble during testing for you?

Everything was perfect until the first turn on the last lap, then I just got DC'd... can't really figure out why though I did get logged out of PSN as well, so I guess it would be a connection issue on my part.

I'll be doing another longer race this Sunday, I'll see if I have any more issues.

There was just one or two things I'd like to look at during the race, but I don't have a copy of the replay. Is it possible to share the replay file?

Someone please get with me and explain how I get into some of the practice sessions, Please. Vince

If someone is hosting a practice session, the roomnumber will be posted here. If you are refering to the races held to day, you HAVE to sign up for the race in the roll-calls to be able to race.. Make sure to catch up in the thread if you are away for a couple of days.. Things happens fast :)

But from now on, the roll-calls will end I guess.. The real championship kicks of on Friday 25th as it looks for now.

Often when people practice laps they do so in an open lobby and they post the room number. I'd just make sure to look at the forum every once and a while. I don't know if people have any set practice times.

@ Andil: I don't understand why you post questions about the procedure at 9,35 pm GMT, when it was stated in the thread 2 days ago, and obviously always was on a roll with the testing.. What good did you think it would do?

As I said, tonight is the first time I've been able to post in this thread for 3-4 days - I sincerely apologise for having a busy work and real life schedule, but my comments were questioning why we were going through such a lengthy process with seemingly little benefit. If you had just given me a straight response rather than getting arsey with me, it would have been appreciated.

Everything was perfect until the first turn on the last lap, then I just got DC'd... can't really figure out why though I did get logged out of PSN as well, so I guess it would be a connection issue on my part.

I'll be doing another longer race this Sunday, I'll see if I have any more issues.

There was just one or two things I'd like to look at during the race, but I don't have a copy of the replay. Is it possible to share the replay file?

If you want to report an incident, you must PM the other part and try to come to a desition.. If you can not, PM a steward about the incident.

If there is something else you want to know from the replay, just ask. I'll watch the replay in a bit. I'm a PAL player, so I can't sen you my replay I'm afraid.

Centura: How was your race??

I had no issues with lag. We'll see when it switches back to NAT 3 again.

C-Falcon spun out and I drove in to him. We both had to pit. It could easily have been avoided if I was a bit more alert and braked.

Two laps after that, I was breaking very late in to turn one and all of a sudden I see C-Falcon to the right of the track and half his car was on the track, right on my driving line.

I just called it a day at that point. I think C-Falcon did, as well.

As I said, tonight is the first time I've been able to post in this thread for 3-4 days - I sincerely apologise for having a busy work and real life schedule, but my comments were questioning why we were going through such a lengthy process with seemingly little benefit. If you had just given me a straight response rather than getting arsey with me, it would have been appreciated.

We got a lot of answers out of the (lengthy??) process.. Took about 50 minutes in total. I think it was woth it.

I still wonder what you think would have change beacause of your question.. We were in the middle of the tests, and I had no time writng you back with answers. I did write that I experiance smoother racing in "very high".. And obviously, there is a difference between the different settings. It probably depends a lot on if your connection can handle it. I did not get mad because you did not know, I got mad because the question was not going to do any good what so ever at that point. There was no reason at all for you to be negative at that point, especially since we are trying to help YOU! I'm trying to make sure as many drivers as possible can enjoy a good race without issues. Sory for that.

Did you not think that we came to a good conclution? That we will race in (high) instead of (very high)? In this case (high), other drivers will not see you going sideways for example. For you, the race can seem perfect, but for others, you look laggy.. But no one had any issues with you during the race set to "high".

I had no issues with lag. We'll see when it switches back to NAT 3 again.

C-Falcon spun out and I drove in to him. We both had to pit. It could easily have been avoided if I was a bit more alert and braked.

Two laps after that, I was breaking very late in to turn one and all of a sudden I see C-Falcon to the right of the track and half his car was on the track, right on my driving line.

I just called it a day at that point. I think C-Falcon did, as well.

When we are doing a test-race to test connection issues, I'd strongly recommend you do stay in the race. ESPECIALLY since both of you was a reason for the tests in the first place.. Feels like I'm trying for no good at all sometimes.. Stop acting like egon and try to stay in the race next time! 👍

And not only for this race. To quit the race (without any issuse) only bacause of a crash is something that we do not like among the stewards. Try to stay in the race!

We can't do anything about DC's, but drivers that just quit races is not something that is in line with the idea of this Championship.

Maybee I'm a little hard on you now, but I really hope you guys understand why.

Thanks for the race lads.
One thing tho, that track is horrible.
I know its a bit late to talk about tracks.
But surely we can put a better track on the list.
We have 2 American races allready and this track is a snoozefest.

Can we set up a vote to select a track to replace this one?

When we are doing a test-race to test connection issues, I'd strongly recommend you do stay in the race. ESPECIALLY since both of you was a reason for the tests in the first place.. Feels like I'm trying for no good at all sometimes.. Stop acting like egon and try to stay in the race next time! 👍

And not only for this race. To quit the race (without any issuse) only bacause of a crash is something that we do not like among the stewards. Try to stay in the race!

We can't do anything about DC's, but drivers that just quit races is not something that is in line with the idea of this Championship.

Maybee I'm a little hard on you now, but I really hope you guys understand why.
I totally agree, it's very important finish the race, do that is the right spirit of the Championship, and of us of Drivers. 👍

Maybe it would be good to open a new wsgtc "connections" thread,
where all drivers in this tournament should post theyre:

1: NAT status
2: Ping result to nearest town in pingtest.net
3: Ping result to the most faraway place on earth.
4: UPnP on or off.

Then we could see whose really got issues.
Think Imari knows much better these things than
I do, but I have understanded that--->

1: NAT 3 causes big issues.
2. UPnP off causes issues
3. High Ping causes issues.(over 100ms)

It feels much smoother when I play in a Very High
Quality Room with only europeans in....
Think this system is not ready for worldwide races with 14 people in the room...

Personally, I haven't experienced any issues. I haven't been disconnected and other drivers aren't warping for me. My connection to you had been stable for a good 30 - 40 minutes at that point, anyway.

Obviously, I wouldn't quit an official race.

Thanks for the race lads.
One thing tho, that track is horrible.
I know its a bit late to talk about tracks.
But surely we can put a better track on the list.
We have 2 American races allready and this track is a snoozefest.

Can we set up a vote to select a track to replace this one?

Agreed 👍

Personally, I haven't experienced any issues. I haven't been disconnected and other drivers aren't warping for me. My connection to you had been stable for a good 30 - 40 minutes at that point, anyway.

Obviously, I wouldn't quit an official race.

No issues??

I remember "NAT 2" this, and "NAT 3" that, from reading your posts...

A race within the WSGTC (practice or real championship) does always contain the same rules and regulations, same procedures, and also the same dedication from the drivers is requested, no matter the "type" of race.

Maybe it would be good to open a new wsgtc "connections" thread,
where all drivers in this tournament should post theyre:

1: NAT status
2: Ping result to nearest town in pingtest.net
3: Ping result to the most faraway place on earth.
4: UPnP on or off.

Then we could see whose really got issues.
Think Imari knows much better these things than
I do, but I have understanded that--->

1: NAT 3 causes big issues.
2. UPnP off causes issues
3. High Ping causes issues.(over 100ms)

It feels much smoother when I play in a Very High
Quality Room with only europeans in....
Think this system is not ready for worldwide races with 14 people in the room...

I'm curious on that "UPnP"-thing.. what is that? And what does it do?
Imari, can you explain?

There is in the GT5 game a short explanation about the UPnP if You got Your PS3 on, take a look. Think Imari´s not here...

No issues??

I remember "NAT 2" this, and "NAT 3" that, from reading your posts...

A race within the WSGTC (practice or real championship) does always contain the same rules and regulations, same procedures, and also the same dedication from the drivers is requested, no matter the "type" of race.

All races I have participated in WSGTC have been with NAT2.

Imari, can you explain?

Instead of manually opening and forwarding ports.

Well, I can remember you have discussed issues with NAT2 and NAT3 in the thread...
That's all I know.:

That is correct, sir. It's because UPnP is "Unavailable" sometimes.

Rebooting the router a couple of times until UPnP works again is the only solution I know of for me.

In my first race here ever I had ghostcar issues, if U remember.
I couldn´t see 3 or 4 cars at all in the race, so I started to
investigate what was the problem. I found that in my modem/router
was the UPnP set to OFF. With a little google search i could
easily turn it ON. After I got it turned on I can say that those issues havent happen to me.
So I think it is certainly an issue for those who have it OFF.

Imari, can you explain?

Universal Plug N Play.

If you have a device for a computer that is Plug and Play it bassically means that it will configure itself.
You dont need to adjust any settings. You just plug it in and it works.
I'm not 100% what it does for ps3 but i think if you have upnp activated on your router, the ps3 can configure itself to work properly by itself.( you don't have to adjust router settings)

You don't need Upnp activated to play games on any format online ( PC,Ps3,XBox).

I don't have it.

People having Problems connecting should go buy a different Router.
If the routers people own have come from
their broadband provider, they should go buy a different one.
Because they usually supply crap routers.

You can buy a netgear router in any computer shop for 30quid that will work like a dream.

MaccGyver
Universal Plug N Play.

If you have a device for a computer that is Plug and Play it bassically means that it will configure itself.
You dont need to adjust any settings. You just plug it in and it works.
I'm not 100% what it does for ps3 but i think if you have upnp activated on your router, the ps3 can configure itself to work properly by itself.( you don't have to adjust router settings)

You don't need Upnp activated to play games on any format online ( PC,Ps3,XBox).

I don't have it.

You can buy a netgear router in any computer shop for 30quid that will work like a dream.

Do not get linksys. It is known for most these issues we see.

Also NAT should be 2 or open for best results.

As well unplug to reset modem and routers before entering GT5 on race day. This ensures clean and clear equipment. COD used to require resets almost daily from lag. Once reset no lag.

Last week I had to reset cause I got DC'd. First time ever on GT5. Been smooth since reset.

As well adjustable trans gears are AWESOME! Nils had a decent run on me and my 6th was short so it had good TQ I was able to hold his pass off from this. Also got second gear right for two turns wheee it was to much TQ so I lowered ratio and got a lip more mph from 2nd. Worked very nice. Excited about SUZUKA.

Unfortunately, this is true. However, I have no idea if we can even change because we have Internet, IPTV and VoIP from our ISP.

I still don't understand why opening and forwarding ports doesn't work. When an application require me to open and forward ports to my PC, it works, but not on my PS3...

EDIT: Looks like I found a simple solution to it: Disable UPnP -> Enable UPnP and I have NAT2 again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back