::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire setting for Qualifying.

With the update its now possible to turn tirewear off. Tires get up to temp very quickly and don't wear off.

I think this setting would be good to use when we run the super lap qualifying. This way we get equal chance on both laps to set a good time. Before, it was only on the second lap the tires were up to temp.

👎 I like the way we did in Monza. You need to warm up your tires correctly in the first lap. One more thing to add pressure, and this system is all about pressure. :sly:

Tire setting for Qualifying.

With the update its now possible to turn tirewear off. Tires get up to temp very quickly and don't wear off.

I think this setting would be good to use when we run the super lap qualifying. This way we get equal chance on both laps to set a good time. Before, it was only on the second lap the tires were up to temp.

Good idea.👍

Although possible the tyre temp will not be an issue if it truly has been changed online.

@Sail IC: You need to empty your PM-box.

Jag kunde inte skicka mitt PM gällande straff-systemet till dig p.g.a det. Så nu har jag skickat in mitt renskrivna förslag till dom andra. Skrev att du skulle skicka in ditt när som helst.

@Sail IC: Agree, good idea.

Parade Lap: Why are people still trying to heat their tyres by weaving around? A lot of people was doing it on Daytona last night...

Technically, if the 2nd - 7th placed drivers in D1 didn't complete 85% of the winner's time they would receive no points. This would mean that the winner of D2 could get the points for second. Since any driver could win D2, anyone in D2 could conceivably get those points.

It's unlikely that someone would move all the way up to second, but it could and does happen that people drop out of D1 mid race, or disconnect. In that case, everyone in D2 moves up a step on the points ladder.

right, got it! thanks

just thinking out loud here, now that we have more same class races scheduled than the 2 that are mentioned in the OP would it not be better/fairer to have the same qualifying sessions for these races as the mixed class races rather than setting the grid by points standings?

@Sail IC: Agree, good idea.

Parade Lap: Why are people still trying to heat their tyres by weaving around? A lot of people was doing it on Daytona last night...

Because it works. But you need to be careful and make sure that you keep your distance to other drivers. We do not want any damage during the formationlap.. That would be a BIG fail!

right, got it! thanks

just thinking out loud here, now that we have more same class races scheduled than the 2 that are mentioned in the OP would it not be better/fairer to have the same qualifying sessions for these races as the mixed class races rather than setting the grid by points standings?

Qualifying will always be thru hotlaps.
We are at the moment, during preseason use the standings just to keep it simple.

"Qualifying will be held through live online sessions. Official days are Mondays and Wednesday at 12.00 pm PST / 08.00 pm GMT / 9.00 pm CET.
Any of the Stewards or capable hosts, under the supervision of a Steward/s, can announce and hold qualifying sessions of their own.
No qualifying sessions can be conducted after Wednesday. Qualifying will be on hard Racing Tyres.
Procedure
A group of drivers per class will be given 2 or 3 laps to set a qualifying lap.
Laps will be run in 'Race' and will depend on track size (eg. 3 for Monza)
Laps will be monitored and watched by fellow competitors to validate cleanliness.
The number of cars will depend on track size (eg. 8 drivers and 8 spectators at Monza)
Once the race has been commenced, cars will roll on their warm up lap
Cars must stagger a number seconds between each other to make room (15 seconds for Monza)
Standard '2 wheel on track at all times' rule apply (Check Post 3 for Racing Conduct 'Ch.IV Track Contact')
Once finished, spectators will declare if their competitor ran a clean or dirty lap
If a protest arise for a doubtful or dirty lap, the replay will be saved and checked
If confirmed dirty, a timed penalty will be imposed depending on severity of offense
The process will repeat until we reach the limit of available drivers (eg. 25 for each class)"

People don't like Daytona Road? It's a fantastic track, that first corner is shockingly difficult to get just right, and the midfield section is choice too. There's far more going on at Daytona than there is at Monza, where the skill is pretty much limited to four corners on the whole circuit.

i like daytona much i think it is more interesting then monza and in some ways indy because you have many places where you can overtake. another thing i really like is the banked curves:)

Because it works. But you need to be careful and make sure that you keep your distance to other drivers. We do not want any damage during the formationlap.. That would be a BIG fail!

The heat you will gain from weaving about is extremely minimal in GT5. It's simply not worth it.

It was even against the rules on the Monza race.

The heat you will gain from weaving about is extremely minimal in GT5. It's simply not worth it.

It was even against the rules on the Monza race.

If you don't think it's worth it.. don't do it.. simple as

Personally, if I'm running a race I tell people not to do it. Yeah, it warms the tyres up a little bit. I don't feel that it's worth running the risk of damage on the parade lap. The prediction code in GT5 does not deal well with sudden changes of speed or direction like weaving, and it tends to lead to at least one accident per lap.

It's all well and good to tell people to do as they please, but by weaving you're risking damage to yourself and to others. For what is at best a minor benefit.

Masi stated NOT TO DO IT, its causes problems and the heat in the tyres is not worth it.... i almost crashed into nycrom because of it at the daytona race

Please do not do it there is no need

OK guys I am really getting confused with the whole time posting thing. PST,GMT,CET? How about a little EST? I need to know when and where these are being held. I for one am new to this organized racing event and I don't want to screw anybody or anything up. It is imperative that I get into some lobby's to familiarize myself with the way things work. Not to mention I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. Somebody from my part of earth please contact me and help a brother out. Regards, Vince.:)

Race 2 result
GT500

GTP_Sigma 1:43.791
NilsUrban +8.254 1:44.819
XsApollo +12.184 1:45.221
OwensRacing +2:23.631 1:45.083

GT300

GTP_Senninha 1:52.428
KamyKaze1098 1:52.479
eppe00 1:53.057

OK guys I am really getting confused with the whole time posting thing. PST,GMT,CET? How about a little EST? I need to know when and where these are being held. I for one am new to this organized racing event and I don't want to screw anybody or anything up. It is imperative that I get into some lobby's to familiarize myself with the way things work. Not to mention I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. Somebody from my part of earth please contact me and help a brother out. Regards, Vince.:)

you can work it out

EST is -5 hours from GMT

Also i saw XApollo cannot do qualiy this week so i will hold it tomorrow if anyone wants to do theirs....

However i have a race at 4pm GMT and at 9pm GMT so i can only do around 6 or 7 pm GMT

Is that ok?

you can work it out

EST is -5 hours from GMT

Also i saw XApollo cannot do qualiy this week so i will hold it tomorrow if anyone wants to do theirs....

However i have a race at 4pm GMT and at 9pm GMT so i can only do around 6 or 7 pm GMT

Is that ok?

Nice one Pagi... I'll make myself available whenever you have time.

I don't need much practice around that track, after GT5P its pretty much burned into my brain lol

Man, im so dissapointed with my disconnect - i hardly have connection issues during the week but when it comes to the big race it happens arrrgh:yuck:

the thing is last night i got dc'd straight away which never happened before - i think it had to do with alot of users being online after the latest update. Most of my psn friends were online lastnight.

i have been dc'd twice before but it happened late in the race.

some races have been perfect.

oh well, lets hope for the best

Nice one Pagi... I'll make myself available whenever you have time.

I don't need much practice around that track, after GT5P its pretty much burned into my brain lol

Cool il sort it out tomorrow and let you know about times it will be around 6 - 7pm GMT

Gotta remeber how to do qualiy its been soo long since we done 1 lol :ill:

In the interest of adding some diversity to the GT300 lineup out on the track I was hoping to try out the Toyota APEX MR-S '00 sometime this weekend, though I can't seem to figure out how to get a hold of it. I was wondering if anyone has the car and is willing to gift it to me to try it out. I'd send it back right away.

Just a thought

I'm adding the standard GT300 cars to my shared selections so that people can try them out. If people want to have a copy of their own, I'm happy to dupe one and send it to you.

I have the following up:
Razo Silvia
RX7 '04
Garaiya '03
Impreza '03
Celica
MR-2

Give them a go if you haven't already.

I did a quick test with some of the GT 300 machinery.

Here are my findings.

All cars were stock, using Hard tires and running on default setups.
Track was Nurburgring GP/D.

I did 5 laps stints with every car, in the order shown in the table, so when o drived the RX7 i was more confortable with this type of car on this track.
Without any surprises, the RX7 was the fastest, followed by the Celica and both the Lexus and the Impreza were more than 1 second slower. Again i want to remember as i was driving i was becoming more confident with the cars.
Having said that, in th RX7 i was quicker than the other 2 premiums on my 1st flying lap.

Next i restricted the HP to 300 and add wheight so the cars would be equal at 1200 Kg. You may ask why not 1150, wich is the higher now. Well, because then the Lexus would loose a possibility for changes in setup, a big possibility too.

Now i drived the car in an inverse order, so the RX7 was the first to hit the track.
I believe this settings may work. The Impreza is still too slow, maybe because of my inhability to drive 4WD cars, but the Lexus was much quicker now. Why? You ask. Because the weight added was minimal compared to the other cars. The Celica would be a lot quicker if i messed with the weight distribution, but that wasn't a option here because i wanted to test them on default setup. It had more 150 Kg, that needed to be ballanced, and its handling was 🤬.

I don't have a Arta, nor the money to buy one. Thats the reason it wasn't tested.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the long post. :sly:

Last edited:
Very nice, what track was it you was testing on.

The biggest key is to remove variables...using the same track would be elimination one for sure.

We all need to agree on a test track. Would Top Gears track be idea? Maybe fantasy tracks? Anyone?

suzuka has every type of challenges so i think that will be the best circuit to test

The choice of track has to be up to the tester. It has to be one with which the tester has a great deal of experience so that they can quickly get up to speed and put in a good time. No one wants to waste time learning a track when they could be testing. And if the tester is unable to put in consistent laps to get the fastest time, the test is of little use.

Suzuka is a decent track, but it's a little long for my tastes when testing slower cars. My preferred test tracks are HSR and Indy Road.

I think you've done the right thing Kamy. I started testing at 1100kg the other day, but it's flawed because some cars have weight penalties they don't need or deserve (IS350). I think standardising the weights at 1200 may be a good solution. It's also necessary because the Garaiya '08 is 1175kg stock, so the base weight needs to be at least that high.

The choice of track has to be up to the tester. It has to be one with which the tester has a great deal of experience so that they can quickly get up to speed and put in a good time. No one wants to waste time learning a track when they could be testing. And if the tester is unable to put in consistent laps to get the fastest time, the test is of little use.

Suzuka is a decent track, but it's a little long for my tastes when testing slower cars. My preferred test tracks are HSR and Indy Road.

i agree complety my favorite test track is suzuka and fuji gt because of gt5 p i have not done so many test sessions out of my online racing series

Lol. Forgot to say that.
It was Nurburgring GP/D.
A track i know good enough, and its small, so easy to put quick laps.

The biggest key is to remove variables...using the same track would be elimination one for sure.

The biggest variable is the driver. You cannot directly compare an RX7 driven by me to a Celica driven by you.

The only way is to have each driver test a range of cars. You can then infer things from the ordering and spread of the times. If both of us find that the Garaiya is much faster than all the other cars, then that's strong evidence that the Garaiya is actually faster. The more people get the same evidence, the stronger the hypothesis.

Testing cars is not an exact science. It's a matter of statistical analysis. Each driver should choose a track, and test a range of cars themselves. Don't focus on testing all the cars necessarily. Test each one until you're confident you can go no faster, then move on to the next. 3 or 4 cars tested like this is more valuable than 7 cars tested haphazardly. Data from testing that is not carried out thoroughly has no value.

imari i have borrowed your garayia

Borrow away, I'm pretty sure everyone can use them at once. It would suck if it was only one person at a time.

I might have to pull one or two off later so that I can test them, but they'll be back up straight after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back