::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested earlier .... turn the tire wear and fuel depletion to "off".

That way the tires heat up very quickly and you will have ideal tires for both qualifying laps.

I would just like to add

Tonight i will be hosting a LIVE QUALIFYING (or il get someone else with good connection)

This will be for people that cannot do it during the week e.g. XsApollo who has to work night shifts this week....

I will set it up around 6pm GMT (i will post lobby number here so look out)
I will give some time to practice and then it begins!!!

People can turn up to watch if they like

Good luck hehe:tup:

I suggested earlier .... turn the tire wear and fuel depletion to "off".

That way the tires heat up very quickly and you will have ideal tires for both qualifying laps.

is that going to be a set rule for qualifying?

I did a quick test with some of the GT 500 machinery:

Circuit: Suzuka
Tyres: Hard
Wings: Full

For this test I took as reference the Epson NSX, 505Hp / 1.150Kg PP = 631.
I set all the cars admitted to the GT500 championship with these values PP (631), and with a limit of maximum power of 505Hp, I have done this to avoid upgrade of power, and because the real in the SuperGT is about 500hp.
To achieve this mix of PP and HP I had to work on the weight of the car as follows:
Honda NSX Epson '08: 505hp/1.100kg - PP 631
Honda NSX Takata '08: 505hp / 1.147Kg - PP 631
XANAVI '08 Nissan GTR: 505hp / 1.220Kg - PP 631
Petronas '08 Lexus SC430: 505hp / 1.191Kg - PP 631
Lexus SC430 Eneos'08: 505hp/1.120Kg - PP 631
Supra Yellowhat '05: 505hp / 1.130Kg - PP631
Tom's Castrol Supra: 505hp/1.300Kg - PP631 (no full Wings)

I then performed a test on track for 7 / 8 laps each car:

Honda Epson: 1:59,685
Honda Takata: 1:59,594
Nissan XANAVI: 1:59,522
Lexus Petronas: 1:59,954
Lexus Eneos: 1:59,999
Toyota Supra Yellowhat: 1:59,985
Tom's Toyota Supra: 2:00,625

I hope this data can be useful, I think it's better to work on weight and not on power.

Cheers :)

I like the idea Nycrom, it seems like this makes the cars closer to being even.

Looks like a good idea nycrom! 👍

But even with the PP set to 631 for all cars, we can see that the difference between cars still is more than 1 second... I'm really bothered with how the PP is calculated.. Does'nt make sence..

Can someone do some testing for GT500 cars @ 500hp/1200kg limit? Did some for GT300 with a similar limit on the previous page with some good results.

But even with the PP set to 631 for all cars, we can see that the difference between cars still is more than 1 second... I'm really bothered with how the PP is calculated.. Does'nt make sence..

My was just a test, but for me the performance of all cars are really close, the only one car so far is the Tom's Supra..but just because it's an old SuperGt generation car, with special aero parts that now are illegal in the new real SuperGt league. Lexus, NSX and GTR are closer but with different characters, for me the GTR remains the more simple to drive.
I would like to know the performance of tha Gt500 cars with all 500hp and 1.200kg.

Can someone do some testing for GT500 cars @ 500hp/1200kg limit? Did some for GT300 with a similar limit on the previous page with some good results.

im working on another system there is a bit more realistic it looks quit promising the garayia RX-7 and MR-S within 1 tenth of each other on suzuka. the only cars i have tested other then them is the premium subaru and the lexus there is quit much of the pace :)

Nice one Pagi i will be there.
I would prefer to have tyre wear on.

I agree i think tyre wear should be left on because it gives extra pressure to make the lap count and on the out lap to warm the tyres up etc

SUZUKA LIVE QUALIFYING

Lobby No: 1472-6118-3744-3750-6641

Come watch or if you hvnt got time next week please do it now....

It does. It's based on tyres, aero, power/weight ratio, power/weight-affecting upgrades, and a fudge factor that is completely arbitrary. The fudge factor is what kills it. They're using it to correct for differences in chassis etc, but when they get it wrong it just makes things worse. They'd probably have been better leaving it out altogether.

SUZUKA LIVE QUALIFYING

Lobby No: 1472-6118-3744-3750-6641

Come watch or if you hvnt got time next week please do it now....

XsApollo has done his qualifying
It is a practice room for suzuka please join maybe get a race in before top gear hehe

Ok i have done my lap.
Thanks to Paginas and Co for taking time out to setup and watch.

About the lap i actually got a bit sweaty lol nice bit of pressure there.
Got my first flyer in just to make sure i had a time in and pushed for my second flyer.

Hope its enough for DIV 1.

Good luck:tup:

under what regulations did you run the qualifying. and what res will be used in the series i will have my idea for gt300 up tommorow before quali

Last edited:
It does. It's based on tyres, aero, power/weight ratio, power/weight-affecting upgrades, and a fudge factor that is completely arbitrary. The fudge factor is what kills it. They're using it to correct for differences in chassis etc, but when they get it wrong it just makes things worse. They'd probably have been better leaving it out altogether.

Yes, it does make sence if you put it in those words.. I meant that it does not make sence since the performance are different even if the PP is the same. Which makes the PP-system broken 👎

The reason why equal PP does not make cars even are at the moment secundary..

i'd like to put in a request to change the car i'll be using for this season in the GT300 class...

originally i had contacted Masi to put forward the WedsSport Celica but then learnt later that i had improved it by adding chassis rigidity (through habit)which rules it out of contention... this car is the one which has been entered into the competition under my name in the official driver's list.
i then PM'd Masi asking to put forward the SuperAutobacs MR-S but this also has chassis rigidity and so is also ruled out.
i'm still registered as entering the Celica so maybe the request didn't go through due to the OP being busy with organising the event and other, non-WSGTC related issues...
as both of these cars contravene the rules regarding modifiactions, i will not be able to use them to compete in the championship and so my new choice of car (which does fall within the guidelines) is:

Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03...

i just wanted to put it up on here so when i come to contend qualifying (likely to be the one held on Monday evening) and enter the track in a different car than that stated on the official driver's list, people know in advance that the reason for the change of car is that the Celica is ruled out becuase of illegal modifications.

under what regulations did you run the qualifying. and what res will be used in the series i will have my idea for gt300 up tommorow before quali

I did 4 lap race, tyre wear and fuel on.
1st lap warm up, 2nd and 3rd flying laps, 4th lap a cool down and make sure someone completes the lap so it can be saved...

Oh plus it was done in a public lobby as the tyres dont warm up still on priavte lobby

I think the GT500 car regulation is frozen (see first page).

Qualification for the first event is on its way. As people are doing their qualification now for the the first event their car choice is frozen for the whole championship.

Too late to change anything as far as I can see.

Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03...

i just wanted to put it up on here so when i come to contend qualifying (likely to be the one held on Monday evening) and enter the track in a different car than that stated on the official driver's list, people know in advance that the reason for the change of car is that the Celica is ruled out becuase of illegal modifications.

I hope i'm not out off line here but i think chassis rigidity banned is total nonsense. All respect to Masi for organizing this great event but he is trying too make it too real life like. This is still a game and to avoid any kind of cheating, not saying that anyone here does it but still you never know it would be easier to just allow it.
I also noticed I have rigidity installed (habbit also) wich means i cant race with my Celica.:grumpy: I doubt I'll find another Celica before race 1. 👎

I hope you concider this...

I hope i'm not out off line here but i think chassis rigidity banned is total nonsense. All respect to Masi for organizing this great event but he is trying too make it too real life like. This is still a game and to avoid any kind of cheating, not saying that anyone here does it but still you never know it would be easier to just allow it.
I also noticed I have rigidity installed (habbit also) wich means i cant race with my Celica.:grumpy: I doubt I'll find another Celica before race 1. 👎

I hope you concider this...

This has been up for discussion numerous times before. And Ridgity Impovement is not allowed.

If someone use ridgity improvement, he is cheating. It's impossible to police, but that's what the rules say, and we expect all drivers to show up in a car that is legit. 👍

That truly is the only item that can not be policed. With that being the case and the simple fact it let's the cars drive a little better. This actually has q positive effect on side by side racing. More control means better racing. Again it's proven that it is not substantially better with it on.

This has been up for discussion numerous times before. And Ridgity Impovement is not allowed.

If someone use ridgity improvement, he is cheating. It's impossible to police, but that's what the rules say, and we expect all drivers to show up in a car that is legit. 👍

Yes I noticed the discussion about this and what I also noticed that most members would rather see it allowed. I really dont see the point why the orginezers are inforcing this rule as the majority of membres are aginst it.
Also I seen in previous posts that you can no longer change your car for the season.
This means if I dont find a celica in a few days i' out off the championship. :crazy:

Have a good one lads!

Yes I noticed the discussion about this and what I also noticed that most members would rather see it allowed. I really dont see the point why the orginezers are inforcing this rule as the majority of membres are aginst it.
Also I seen in previous posts that you can no longer change your car for the season.
This means if I dont find a celica in a few days i' out off the championship. :crazy:

Have a good one lads!

i think if you don't have another Celica you can enter another car... i hope so anyway as this is what i am doing... i did not realise that my Celica had the rigidity improvement before i entered it, plus there were some doubts about it having turbos available too (even though these are removable), so i just hope i am able to enter my only other car which is permitted under the rules.
you could buy an ARTA Garaiya 08 or maybe the Lexus IS350... both are decent from what ppl on here are saying and both are available from the regular dealership so are readily available.

Have a good one lads!

The car that you use for your first qualy-session is your car for the championship. In other words, if you've not done any qualifying yet, you can change your car 👍

Well, the rules say that it's not allowed with ridgity improvement, and as you say, the difference is not even noticeable... So if anyone want to cheat, he can do it. But it wont do him any good... So why cheat? It's simply a rule.

And this is not a championship where "the members" decide what's legit or not. Masi_23 listen to what drivers say, and change the rules if he thinks the suggestion is good, and not if the suggestion is poor or has little or no effect to the outcome of the championship. 👍

EDIT:

i have a question about the divisions and points system:

example: john races in division 1, jack races in division 2. both are racing in the gt500 class -

1.will both john and jack earn the same number of points for winning the races in their respective divisions (excluding bonus points)?

OR

2. is it set up so that jack - who is racing in division 2 and so is effectively in the bottom eight of the gt500 class (as adjudged by the event's qualifying session) - earns the points that would be awarded to the eight place finisher of his class in a same-class race?

if it is option 1. the championship table will look odd, as, in effect, there are two winners of the gt500 class...also, somebody who comes in 3rd-in-class in division 1 will score less points than the winner of division 2.

if it is option 2. the second division drivers are limited to how many points they can earn, meaning the division 1 drivers will have a monopoly (or septopoly?) over the bigger share of the points

i'm confused - please help!

Last edited:
The car that you use for your first qualy-session is your car for the championship. In other words, if you've not done any qualifying yet, you can change your car

great news. thanks for confirming

you could buy an ARTA Garaiya 08 or maybe the Lexus IS350

I use to own Celica in RL and I really had my mind set on racing with this car.
A shame actually, such a great event here and one rule totally spoils it for me. Chasis ridgity dose doesnt even make the car so much faster if it does at all. If it was allowed atleast it would put out any fear about cheating automaticlly and we would race under same conditions. As you say, it is the only tunning part we cant police so you have one more big reason to why allow it.
Ehh...as you want lads its your event.

I use to own Celica in RL and I really had my mind set on racing with this car.
A shame actually, such a great event here and one rule totally spoils it for me. Chasis ridgity dose doesnt even make the car so much faster if it does at all. If it was allowed atleast it would put out any fear about cheating automaticlly and we would race under same conditions. As you say, it is the only tunning part we cant police so you have one more big reason to why allow it.
Ehh...as you want lads its your event.

There is also a very good reason for not allowing it.. Because if we did, I'd have to install a non removeable tune to my car that I love to drive completely stock.. It's like the down-side for you is the up-side for me. (Up-side beeing that I don't feel that I have to install this tune to keep up)

Can't you just buy another one, or trade one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back