::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I have a few tracks with Spa like characters. I dont know why but the Course Maker seems to be too keen with 'Eau Rouge' like corners.

It seems it will only work with tracks created post update though. So you need to create another Spa like track. :sly:

Masi i think we should use the PP system and that way give more chance to the Subaru and Lexus and this also means alot of testing has to be done. I think the season start should be pushed back another week.

I took a quick look at the PP ratings of the Lexus compared to the RX7 (stock-after with break in and oil change) and im pretty sure i saw the same numbers. Pretty much the same thing pre-1.06 ...the new HP option/limiter and ballast is probably the way to go if we want to diversify the grids (competition wise).

I hate PD, screw their half assed stuff, what's the point of adding a ballast system if you won't let the lobby host check the participants' cars weight/power...friggin pointless, POINTLESS, it just messes things up further and gives glitch abusers more ways to exploit the system.

It seems it will only work with tracks created post update though. So you need to create another Spa like track. :sly:

Easy as pie! Just have to jot down the same numbers :) although i don't think the elevation changes would be the same :(

C.D
I hate PD, screw their half assed stuff, what's the point of adding a ballast system if you won't let the lobby host check the participants' cars weight/power...friggin pointless, POINTLESS, it just messes things up further and gives glitch abusers more ways to exploit the system.

I kind of agree with this. What they've done is very good, but they've crippled it by not making the stats of other players visible. I can see what assists they're using, but I can't see HP/KG. It's messed up.

Still, we'll probably get it in an update in about 4 months, eh? 👍

no not always i dont think you can create the same track to times but i can be wrong :)

Yes, ive done it a couple of times. It's like they're all preset tracks. One combination of numbers equates to a certain track. I was kinda hoping for a Point-to-Point system with this new update - togue racing? but ehh... can't expect everything at once - specially with PD.

I kind of agree with this. What they've done is very good, but they've crippled it by not making the stats of other players visible. I can see what assists they're using, but I can't see HP/KG. It's messed up.

Still, we'll probably get it in an update in about 4 months, eh? 👍

4 months. After the season's over :D if we get another big update like this mid-season, rules will all go in limbo.

I got a Xanavi GT-R with 550 CV/1100 Kg @ 580 PP and another GT-R (same tires, aero maxed on both cars) with 526 CV/1100 Kg @ 578 PP...even though the former is a hell of a lot faster than the latter (like 1 second+ on GVS, it's gotten about 90 more Nm of torque).

This stuff makes no sense.

Also, have you noticed how the PP's won't change immediately if you switch tires? You've got to get out of the menu and get back in to see the changes lol...

I think i will have to sign up in a lot of series. No point in running a public lobby now. For what i hear you can lower the HP of a supercar like the enzo to less than 400.:nervous:

I think the way to go for us is to limit the HP and set the weight the same for all cars and try it that way.

The idea of adding ballast to the fastest cars will not work for several reasons. First, as Imari pointed out, there is no way to check the weight/ballast on individual cars. Secondly, let's say you add ballast to a car. Then the PP will go down and you can add Aero instead and you will get back the performance you lost by adding weight.

Tyre modeling also seems to be different. As Imari stated, the heat up much faster. I think you will have the most grip already at the second lap and go down from there. At the second lap, I think you also have a little more grip than you ever had before so best lap times will go doen a bit. This is good for our super lap qualifying. They seem to wear quicker as well. When I spun it seemed to used a lot of tire. I like this change too.

The idea of adding ballast to the fastest cars will not work for several reasons. First, as Imari pointed out, there is no way to check the weight/ballast on individual cars. Secondly, let's say you add ballast to a car. Then the PP will go down and you can add Aero instead and you will get back the performance you lost by adding weight.

Tyre modeling also seems to be different. As Imari stated, the heat up much faster. I think you will have the most grip already at the second lap and go down from there. At the second lap, I think you also have a little more grip than you ever had before so best lap times will go doen a bit. This is good for our super lap qualifying. They seem to wear quicker as well. When I spun it seemed to used a lot of tire. I like this change too.

Can you try different compounds?? I wonder if the Hards are HARDS now. :dopey:

Somehow I have a feeling that this championship will not start next week.

On the other hand, once we sorted this thing out, we will probably end up with something better than we had before.

Patience and enjoy the change.

At some point we're going to have to just trust people not to cheat. It'd be nice if we had perfect information and could see what people are doing, but we don't. I don't think we should worry about how enforceable the system is before get started. Let's figure out how balanced the cars are, then we can worry about how to enforce it.

If ballast is what we need to make it work, and it requires people being honest about adding it themselves, then maybe that's what needs to be done. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case at this point, but I don't think we should be ruling stuff out just because it requires us to have a little faith in our fellow man (or woman, as the case may be).

Last edited:
Can't we just use the horsepower limiter and weight limiter?
Just limit all cars to 500bhp and 1090kg.

I'll just do the unofficial race with NAT3 today. If I have any issues, I'll just drop out of the championship.

Can't we just use the horsepower limiter and weight limiter?
Just limit all cars to 500bhp and 1090kg.

This might work with some cars but some cars just turn better than others because of their platforms.

This might work with some cars but some cars just turn better than others because of their platforms.

Hence why the real SuperGT has a weight penalty for MR cars. After that...well, it mostly comes down to setup anyway. There's also the potential to set the weight limit at 1200kg to give people ballast to move around and balance out the car, although I doubt many people want to get that far into the tuning side.

Well i meant stock weight.
Supra -1090
GTR's - 1100
Nsx 06 -1100
Nsx 08 - 1150
Nizmo Z - ?

I don't know what the nizmo Z is but we could make that 1150kg too

Just did some more PP tests all at the 646PP which is what the stock GT-R has.

My really well tuned Lexus had to be cut down to 507hp and I managed a 1'59.2 at Suzuka on a fairly decent lap.

Then I tried a Takata Dome NSX '03 (the older JDC model). Given the heavier weight of 1170kg it allowed a 564hp at 646PP. Five laps in this car and I managed a 1'57.3 on not such a good lap.

Even if I like the PP approach, the rating of the cars does not seem even at all.

Frustrating

I've been testing the GT300s, and there seem to be a good amount of them which are very competitive with each other. There are a couple that are oddly slow, and I'm trying to figure out why and/or how to fix them. I'm not quite ready to share results yet, but it's looking good.

Tantalising tidbits: The IS350 has the aerodynamic properties of a wet dishcloth. If someone can give me a decent tune for it, it would help immensely.

competizione
i just have a question will we be limiting the cars to 500/300 hp 1100 kgs or to pp points so all cars get the same pp points

Thats yet to be decided.

I installed the patch and saw that my celica has better pp than the rx7, even if i'm faster in the mazda.

Just got home, while it downloads ive been reading through this and im totaly confused LOL its too much to take in....

Once again, as i mentioned last night, shouldnt you test cars with default tunes? Should be the right way to compare them. I'll be doing a bit of testing myself ...i'll see what i come up with.

Once again, as i mentioned last night, shouldnt you test cars with default tunes? Should be the right way to compare them. I'll be doing a bit of testing myself ...i'll see what i come up with.

Maybe I should, but my problem is that my tunes are very different from standard, so I'm not sure I can even drive a standard tune at any reasonable speed.

I'm looking forward to see more drivers results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back