::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... that's unfortunate... but atleast there's a hot key for switching cars on the fly.

I'm gonna have to update it now before i go to sleep. I'm too excited to see what's new.

:gtpflag:

First, this opens masses of opportunities now when Weight and Aero affects the PP rating. Many more opportunities to tune your car to fit an optimum PP racing limitation. This will be very exciting !!!!

But I think we also have some challanges to get our arms around. There is now an "engine limiter" where you can dial down your HP one HP per step. If you install and engine upgrade it gives you around 40 hp more. You can then dial it down to anything between 1-40hp extra to your standard engine. This is untracable in the replay, and to think that people will not add lets say 10-15hp to their standard engine is in my view naive.

In GT500, I like to view the GT-R as the norm car as it is by far the most popular one. Fully broken in at 518HP, hard tires, 1100kg, Aero set to max, it has a rating of 646PP. This is how I think most GT-Rs have been runing in the pre-series. Configuring the other GT500 cars to a 646PP rating you come up with the following.

- GT-R........ 646PP/518HP
- NSX..........636PP/503HP....(cannot reach 646PP)
- NSX..........646PP/539HP....(Engine upgrade de-tuned to 539HP)
- Lexus........646PP/507HP....(Turbo installed de-tuned to 507HP)
- Nissan Z....646PP/477HP
- Supra YH...640PP/519HP....(Engine ugrade)

At first glance, I think the NSX will be the problem car. To reach same PP as the rest you can increase the HP from 503HP to 539HP. Even if we limit the HP to lets say 522HP, you can expect every NSX to run at 522HP. Given that you then have some spare PP to spend, you can run it with more Aero than the other cars can do.

The other cars. We don't need to ban the Z anymore as its PP uncompetitive. The Lexus will not be competitive either. The Supra might come into the picture. At 519HP you still have 6PP spare which you can use to run more downforce than you can do on an GT-R.

At the moment I cannot see a way to avoid this, but maybe we can figure something out. In the meantime ..... Go practicing with the NSX. I think it will be the car to beat.

This also creates some problems in the GT300 class. I'm sure there will be plenty of drivers who will add an engine upgrade and then de-tune it to just give an 5-20 hp extra.

We have some thinking to do. The PP system gives great opportunities so I think we should base our racing on a PP rating. Given that, here are some things to think about.
- What PP value should we set as MAX.
- Do we allow any tire as you now pay a PP penalty
- We need to test how good the NSX will be. If superior, how do we deal with it
- What about mix classes now when the door is much more open for cheating in the GT300 class

There is probably a bunch more but that's a start.

Dunno i am having a placebo effect lol but it seems like car handling has been fixed online, cars are not so tail happy anymore and feels more like when you're driving offline. Can someone else confirm this?

...stuff...

Why not aim for the actual SuperGT restrictions? GT500 = 1100kg/500hp. GT300 = 1100kg/300hp. The advantage of this being that it is absolutely enforceable by the weight/power restrictions on rooms.

Admittedly, the dual races with GT300 and GT500 means the GT300s have essentially no restrictions, but we may just have to trust people on that. Given that there are races where the GT300 will be in a class of their own and restricted, it will be VERY suspicious if someone does well in Mixed class races and poorly in Same class races.

The NSX is potentially a problem. However, it's an MR car without the MR weight penalty. If it proves to be dominant over the next week, a penalty similar to what is given to the Garaiya and IS350 may be in order.

My first thought is that there could be just a PP limit. Lets say 640 fot GT500 cars.

Its easy for anyone to get to that I think with all
the JGTC and Super GT cars.

Which NSX reaches 539 hp stock (after break-in)?

With upgrades mate.

Dunno i am having a placebo effect lol but it seems like car handling has been fixed online, cars are not so tail happy anymore and feels more like when you're driving offline. Can someone else confirm this?

I'm getting the same feeling. My tyres seem to be warming up better instead of staying blue for the entire race. Could be nothing, but could be a fix.

It's all a bit confusing right now. I'll have to sleep on it. I'll have to fiddle with it tomorrow.

Questions: whats about the stealth models? Now Willemstad be possibile balance the perfomance of this models NSX and GTR.

Somewhat offtopic, apparently the car sharing thing works now. I've thrown some cars up on my profile to share if anyone wants to try it, and some B-Spec drivers too. If anyone has an F1 car they can share so that I can knock out those seasonal races, it'd be much appreciated.

Somewhat offtopic, apparently the car sharing thing works now. I've thrown some cars up on my profile to share if anyone wants to try it, and some B-Spec drivers too. If anyone has an F1 car they can share so that I can knock out those seasonal races, it'd be much appreciated.

I'll add you on PSN and share them after update is finished downloading.

We need to do a lot of testing... Hopefully, it wont push back Round 1 a lot further.

Johan, how much faster is the NSX detuned to 522?

GT300: Lexus and the Subaru can now be competetive with a turbo mod and a detune (thats if it fits under a certain PP limit - and thats if we want to use the PP system in the first place, we'll see). I guess ill be using my Lexus after all :cheers: ...really hated that RX7 exhaust 👎

If anyone has an F1 car they can share so that I can knock out those seasonal races, it'd be much appreciated.

If this works i would be thankfull for the people who helped me. If not, it's the first seasonal event i will miss. :ouch:

GT300: Lexus and the Subaru can now be competetive with a turbo mod and a detune (thats if it fits under a certain PP limit - and thats if we want to use the PP system in the first place, we'll see). I guess ill be using my Lexus after all :cheers: ...really hated that RX7 exhaust 👎

Yeah. I really wanted to use the Lexus too. It's just beautifull with that mean look. :sly:

Too bad it's too slow. But now it may stand a chance. 👍

Can't wait for the day to end so i can test this. And i only started working now. :banghead:

Daytona Practice Room Open : 1472 6399 8365 2933 5597

Tyres are still colder in private lounge.....In Open I would say feels same as before Update.

EDIT:Room maybe up, but I left.

Last edited:
We need to do a lot of testing... Hopefully, it wont push back Round 1 a lot further.

I'm working on testing the GT300s. I'm detuning them all to 300hp, and raising their weight to 1100 where necessary (Celica). I'm testing on the High Speed Ring to start with, it's a nice short, simple track so it's easy to get lots of laps in and be sure you're getting the best possible from the car. It's not ideal as it's rather simple cornering-wise, but it should give a preliminary indication of any major flaws.

I'm working on testing the GT300s. I'm detuning them all to 300hp, and raising their weight to 1100 where necessary (Celica). I'm testing on the High Speed Ring to start with, it's a nice short, simple track so it's easy to get lots of laps in and be sure you're getting the best possible from the car. It's not ideal as it's rather simple cornering-wise, but it should give a preliminary indication of any major flaws.

👍

Multiple tracks maybe needed :)

👍

Multiple tracks maybe needed :)

Yeah, I'd like to do another track afterwards, probably Suzuka. But this gives preliminary information, and it's not too stressful for me to do. Consider this a first pass, and anything that sticks out from this will get extra scrutiny later on.

Hey guys, there is a race tonight right? Is there a roll call to be done or do I just join the room tonight ? I think i'm division 2.

Its all going to be confusing as we get to understand more about the PP system and other potenatial changes.

I have a test Raybring NSX which has an Engine Upgrade and a Rigidity improvement installed. Illegal but untracable improvements. But its a test car never intentended to race with, just test things.

During tha last week I've been evaluating the GT-R (stock) and Lexus (w turbo stage2). Using Suzuka as test track I, after some solid tuning I got both cars down to high 1'58s, the Lexus around 0.2 sec faster. Then I decided for the Lexus I continued to tune it extensively. I got it down to regularely laping in the low 1'58s with a best lap of 1'57.9. This is a pretty competitive time and I think this tune is very good.

With todays PP system, the GT-R above is rated at 646PP and the lexus at 554PP (w Stage2 Turbo). To get the Lexus to 646PP you need to tune it down from 538HP to 507HP. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm quite confident it will not get under 1'59, so that car is PP uncompetitive.

My Raybring NSX can run with 539HP at 646PP. This car is not at all well tuned and I'm not very good of driving it. Still, I easily got to a 1'58.2 lap time, and I think this car clearly has a potential to get to a 1'56 lap time.

I'm getting more and more to a feeling that the NSX is as a superior PP car as the Nissan Z was when we first started this series, perhaps even more.

What further complicates things is that. If you don't use the PP on the NSX on HP, you can use it to run more downforce than other cars at the same PP, which will have the same result on better comperative lap times.

In GT5P there were a few PP superior cars like the Clio Sport and the Ferrari California. There will be PP superior cars in GT5 too, and I'm starting to think the NSX might be one of them

Last edited:
Masi i think we should use the PP system and that way give more chance to the Subaru and Lexus and this also means alot of testing has to be done. I think the season start should be pushed back another week.

Its all going to be confusing as we get to understand more about the PP system and other potenatial changes.

I have a test Raybring NSX which has an Engine Upgrade and a Rigidity improvement installed. Illegal but untracable improvements. But its a test car never intentended to race with, just test things.

During tha last week I've been evaluating the GT-R (stock) and Lexus (w turbo stage2). Using Suzuka as test track I, after some solid tuning I got both cars down to high 1'58s, the Lexus around 0.2 sec faster. Then I decided for the Lexus I continued to tune it extensively. I got it down to regularely laping in the low 1'58s with a best lap of 1'57.9. This is a pretty competitive time and I think this tune is very good.

With todays PP system, the GT-R above is rated at 646PP and the lexus at 554PP (w Stage2 Turbo). To get the Lexus to 646PP you need to tune it down from 538HP to 507HP. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm quite confident it will not get under 1'59, so that car is PP uncompetitive.

My Raybring NSX can run with 539HP at 646PP. This car is not at all well tuned and I'm not very good of driving it. Still, I easily got to a 1'58.2 lap time, and I think this car clearly has a potential to get to a 1'56 lap time.

I'm getting more and more to a feeling that the NSX is as a superior PP car as the Nissan Z was when we first started this series, perhaps even more.

What further complicates things is that. If you don't use the PP on the NSX on HP, you can use it to run more downforce than other cars at the same PP, which will have the same result on better comperative lap times.

Test them at constant power and weight, not constant PP. We have no idea how PD came up with the PP figures. Out of a thousand cars the likelihood that they've messed a few up is high. The NSX may be one of those few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back