::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay Afrikan_kat i got your PM and i am working on a tune right now for the Garaiya. Got a 02'06.786 right now and i think i can improve to lower 6's i will post the stetup tomorrow m8.

Race #1, Friday 18th, Connect Time: 9pm GMT, Race Time: 10pm GMT. Daytona Road, 25 laps.

RACE #1​
7 GT500's and 7 GT300's

GT500
C-Falcon89
Centura
chorda
Nycrom
Paginas
Vaga
JPzer

GT300
GTP_african_cat
ffocus2008
Neomone (Simply because I want your opinion)
Moieman
doctsuru_69
Scanny_Flick
SteelToedSloth

Grid for the race: We will just do it simple. Your place in the list above is also your grid spot.

Those of you that are interested in solwing any connection issues should try to be in the room at 9pm GMT sharp! We will set up a few small races during the first 30-45 minutes prior the race to test different room settings.

It will probably be 3 different small races. ("very high", "high (recommended)", and the next one on the list (don't know the name of that setting)). All other settings will be: no mic, not fixed, open lobby.

I will post the different roomnumbers IN THIS POST.

Room 1 (standard): 1472-4710-9995-5397-2017 CLOSED
Room 2 (high): 1472-6118-3701-4252-8579 CLOSED
Room 3 (very high): 1472-6399-8494-1423-6411 CLOSED
Race room (high): 1472-6118-4259-7712-1145

Drivers marked with red are drivers that we need some feedback from regarding roomsettings/connection issues.
Drivers marked with blue are new drivers that need to do a practice race to meke sure that he fully understands the rules and regulations.

We will have a small discussion in this thread after each small race. Simply post "race 1. ok" or "race 1. not ok". And after race number 3, I'll simply start the race in that room-type we experienced less issues with. This only concerns drivers marked in red and blue.

I want the new drivers to post in the thread that you have got everything right, and if not, you have to ask the questions you might got in the thread as well. We will probably do the races at 09:10 pm, 09:25 pm and 09:40 pm (GMT).

The drivers listed in this post will be garanteed a spot in Race #1. Any new drivers or drivers that have experianced issues will from now on end up in Race #2.

XsApollo and GTP_Senninha was moved to Race #2 since we need to keep a race as close as possible to the real Championship for the new guys. (hope you guys don't mind)

RACE #2.​
The rest of the drivers on the list will be racing in race #2.
eppe00 is hosting. (It's in the OP)

Divers:

GT500:
XsApollo
OwensRacing
NilsUrban
GTP_Sigma
johnkiller2
Wardez

GT300:
eppe00
GTP_Aderrrm
KamyKaze1098
GTP_Senninha

Last edited:
I driven a Lexus Eneos turbo stage2 in the last Two preseason races (Monza-LeSarthe) with good results. I have to tell u that Lexus carS are not probably the faster SuperGt car here..but are honest cars.. ;)
Any Lexus Eneos, Petronas, Denso, Bandai are same and different in the sametime..but remamber really are not the same car.

With our regulations (allowing turbo stage 2 for all lexus), the lexus is a fast car. But not stock..

Question: When will the first actual race take place? Im away for this weekend and 4-6th march

If theres any races going on the weekend in march I may twist things aroud so I can join

::::: WSGTC Race Calendar :::::

sched.jpg

* All times are tentative until further notice *

From the OP, where you can find the answers to all questions about the Championship. 👍

@ Denilson

I haven't done a race with you guys yet and I'm signed up for tomorrow's race a couple of days ago, see post #154. You originally had me in as red, but after all the copy & pasting it must have been lost.

So I guess I should be in that list as blue!, so I don't quite know which place I'll be racing in.

I've got an idea for a smaller logo... it uses different elements of the one you have already designed but with one little space-saving alteration:

the GTPlanet logo with the red SUPER GT wrapped on a slight diagonal (for a better dynamic) around it like a banner (only the words though, not an actual banner). use the new super gt 'G' to add emphasis to the quality of the competition (in all respects) and, instead of 6 stars representing the six pre-season races, use one single six-pointed star (one point representing each one of the six races - this could be extended so that at each point the country logo or the circuit logo of each race [as per GT5] is set, like a sparkling diamond, say).
alternatively, you could try having the six stars in a chain around the main logo (GTPlanet + SUPER GT) and inside each star the country/circuit logo too.

i'd say that, because those 6 races were the foundation (the base) of what is going to become the inaugural WSGTC, the big star should be set behind the GTPlanet logo and be slightly opaque, in effect, supporting the solid main design, but still noticeable. the same for the six smaller, linked stars and their country/track logos.

what do you think?

hi, i'm hortus btw and i'm new to the site, so adding some input to the competition.

THat's a pretty cool concept. I'll whip up a sketch tonight when I'm back from work. thanks.

I sent a PM to Masicampo regarding my interest in the series yesterday and added some of you guys @ PSN.

I understand all the rules of the series and i need to do a few races with you guys. So you all have a chance to judge how i race and if its ok for me to join.

Im not sure if ill be able to make to the Daytona race tomorrow though. But ill be on before and after the race for sure. Maybe i can catch some of the other prelims of afterwards races.

@ Denilson

I haven't done a race with you guys yet and I'm signed up for tomorrow's race a couple of days ago, see post #154. You originally had me in as red, but after all the copy & pasting it must have been lost.

So I guess I should be in that list as blue!, so I don't quite know which place I'll be racing in.

True. Sorry.. Must have missed it.. Post updated 👍

I want the new drivers to post in the thread that you have got everything right, and if not, you have to ask the questions you might got in the thread as well. We will probably do the races at 09:10 pm, 09:25 pm and 09:40 pm (GMT).

Everything is understood, looking forward to race with you guys !

Just a question about the official races, they will start (green flag) at 9 GMT ?

Ty

JP

Last edited:
Update 1.06 is out! Ballast, PP, full adjustable trans they are saying. DL'ing now

Everything is understood, looking forward to race with you guys !

Just a question about the official races, they will start (green flag) at 9 GMT ?

Ty

JP

The enduros start at 9 pm GMT, and the shorter races start at 10 pm GMT.

damn ive got to go work now, il download the update at 3pm GMT after work, hopefully its good, see you guys tonight:tup:

I love it! Now you get every car in your garage, no matter if on favorites or not!

Yes,awesome. My brother's installing it for me since I'm at work. Can't wait to see what's changed.

I'm hoping someone that has most of the SGT cars fully broken in can report us some PP ratings so we ca get an idea of what we're looking at right now.

It's awesome to know we can have a winner's ballast system put in.

The option to have scheduled race starts is so awesome too.

I also saw someone mention that you can adjust the power of your car downwards also. We may be able to replicate the SuperGT regulations pretty exactly if that's so. Downloading update now, testing will begin in earnest to find out the limitations of exactly what we can do. Hooray for it being lunchtime in Japan!

Ballast CONFIRMED: 0-200kg, position adjustable.
Power Limiter CONFIRMED: 50-100% of power.
Individually adjustable gear ratios CONFIRMED.

Aero adjustments DO affect PP, but only slightly.

Last edited:
Power and weight restrictions still exist in the rooms as an option, along with performance points. We can set the SuperGT regs, which are 500hp/1100kg and 300hp/1100kg as far as I know (with some weight penalties for MR cars).

This is the best update ever. It's a shame it took them four months, this is what the game SHOULD have had from day one.

Edit: Tyres do NOT affect PP.

Edit 2: Aero has been maxed on all the below for the sake of equality.

ARTA NSX @ 1100/500 = 635PP
Xanavi Z @ 1100/500 = 652PP
Woodone GTR '08 @ 1100/500 = 658PP
Petronas SC430 @ 1100/500 = 639PP
Yellowhat Supra @ 1100/500 = 641PP

(Note: I've got a couple more standard GT500 cars lying around, I'll check them later)

Garaiya '08 @ 1175/300 = 549PP
Garaiya '03 @ 1125/300 = 557PP
Silvia @ 1150/300 = 548PP
Impreza '08 @ 1100/300 = 559PP
Impreza '03 @ 1100/300 = 563PP
RX7 '06 @ 1100/300 = 552PP
RX7 '04 @ 1100/300 = 552PP
IS350 @ 1150/300 = 559PP
Celica '03 @ 1100/300 = 557PP
MR2 '00 @ 1125/300 = 558PP

Edit 3: My initial impression from the sliders is that a range of 20PP is not very large. The cars *should* be pretty equal. Also, I'm going to test whether chassic rigidity has a PP effect. My IS350 has it.

Edit 4: Chassis rigidity does NOT have an effect on PP.

Last edited:
Power and weight restrictions still exist in the rooms as an option, along with performance points. We can set the SuperGT regs, which are 500hp/1100kg and 300hp/1100kg as far as I know (with some weight penalties for MR cars).

This is the best update ever. It's a shame it took them four months, this is what the game SHOULD have had from day one.

Edit: Tyres do NOT affect PP.

Edit 2: Aero has been maxed on all the below for the sake of equality.

ARTA NSX @ 1100/500 = 635PP
Xanavi Z @ 1100/500 = 652PP
Woodone GTR '08 @ 1100/500 = 658PP
Petronas SC430 @ 1100/500 = 639PP
Yellowhat Supra @ 1100/500 = 673PP

(Note: I've got a couple more standard GT500 cars lying around, I'll check them later)

Garaiya '08 @ 1175/300 = 549PP
Garaiya '03 @ 1125/300 = 557PP
Silvia @ 1150/300 = 548PP
Impreza '08 @ 1100/300 = 559PP
Impreza '03 @ 1100/300 = 563PP
RX7 '06 @ 1100/300 = 552PP
RX7 '04 @ 1100/300 = 552PP
IS350 @ 1150/300 = 559PP
Celica '03 @ 1100/300 = 557PP
MR2 '00 @ 1125/300 = 558PP

Edit 3: My initial impression from the sliders is that a range of 20PP is not very large. The cars *should* be pretty equal. In GT300. In GT500 the Supra sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure if that's because I had to add a turbo and then restrict it down to 500hp. More testing will see. Also, I'm going to test whether chassic rigidity has a PP effect. My IS350 has it.

Edit 4: Chassis rigidity does NOT have an effect on PP.

But the tyres have effect! 30/34PP more.
Supra yelloHat Sock : Hard: 634
Soft: 666

But the tyres have effect! 30/34PP more

Really? If I change my car from racing softs to racing hards it doesn't change the PP at all. Tuning menu only though, I haven't taken it to a race.

Edit: You're right, it just doesn't update the PP if you change the tyres. You're stuck with whatever you loaded the tuning page with. Take care. The proper value for the Supra '05 @1100/500 = 641PP

Any update to how online lobbies function?! Is the Netcode more stable now?!

I haven't gone anywhere near a race, and I probably won't until I'm finished testing the PP system. That sort of thing is better tested by a group of people than by just me.

The online lobbies also now have an option for automatically starting the race at a set period. For example, you can set it to start a new race 10 mins after the previous race ends. You can also switch off tyres/fuel now. That and PP were the only changes I noticed in the backend, as I say, I haven't been into an actual race today.

Edit: Also, tuning your car up and then restricting it back down does not result in the same PP. I tried it with my Atenza (cos I don't like it). 311hp stock, 534PP. Added a stage 2 turbo and restricted it back to 311hp, and now it's 538PP. So there's an advantage to your power curve by doing that, but there's also a cost to be paid in PP. Note that I had to do that to the Supra to get it above 500hp. I did it with a stage 2 turbo, the results may be different if you used engine tuning or stage 3, but not massively I wouldn't expect.

Damn I hope this doesn't mean that we have to redesign every single car in the competition by doing a few more Pre-season races but if it has to be done i am up for it.

I doubt it. We've got a week to fiddle around, and now we KNOW the weight and power is equal (except for the ones with weight penalties). I'd be surprised if anything sticks out as being massively faster, considering any advantage would have to come from either the chassis or the power delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back