::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done some extensive car testing, but to stay high level without going into details.

I view the GT-R (Xanavi, Yellowhat, Calsonic) as a "norm car". By far the most popular and for good reasons. If we put the hp limit to 522hp there will basically be two cars to chose from. The GT-R if you like FR cars, the NSX if you can master it. The Supras and the Lexus are clearly slower with stock power. I am very sure about this.

Adding a stage2 turbo to the Lexus makes it very close in performance to the GT-R. I spent one week trying the two on different tracks, typically laping within 0.2 sec of each other. Testing done by other people seems to come to the same conclusion.

If we want to see Supra's on the grid, I can see adding a stage2 turbo could make sense. I haven't tested this, but it feels right. This would need to be tested.

With the car rules we today have on page one we have something that we know works reasonably well, even I doubt we will see any Supras. If we do some significant changes I cannot see how we can run the first race in the championship next Friday and be reasonably sure it will work throughout the season.

In my opinion, 100% equal cars is a dream.. PP system/ ballast system or not..

Obviously that's ridiculous. The point is to get the cars close enough that driver skill determines the outcome, not car choice. 100% equal cars was never even an option.

Having a diverse grid adds flavour and excitement to the grid. I enjoy being in a different car to my rivals. Team Wedssport had a great showing at La Sarthe. I suspect others feel a similar way. Part of the price for that is that cars are no longer exactly equivalent. That's a given. The idea is to make the cars we have as close as possible, so that people have a range of cars to choose from.

We're honestly not doing that badly. I haven't seen any major upsets due to car choice. The GTR and the NSX are close in GT500, and the Lexus looks like it's about even now too. In GT300 the Garaiya, the RX7, and the Celica are all very close, and the Subaru and Lexus aren't far behind. The MR2 *could* be fast, but I don't feel that anyone has given it a proper shot yet.

I feel like people are getting very caught up on the tuning of the cars, when what seems to me to be deciding most of the races is who can stay out of trouble and run consistent laps. That's driver skill right there. It's my rule of thumb that anything less than a second difference in hot lap times goes right out the window in a race situation.

I've done some extensive car testing, but to stay high level without going into details.

I view the GT-R (Xanavi, Yellowhat, Calsonic) as a "norm car". By far the most popular and for good reasons. If we put the hp limit to 522hp there will basically be two cars to chose from. The GT-R if you like FR cars, the NSX if you can master it. The Supras and the Lexus are clearly slower with stock power. I am very sure about this.

Adding a stage2 turbo to the Lexus makes it very close in performance to the GT-R. I spent one week trying the two on different tracks, typically laping within 0.2 sec of each other. Testing done by other people seems to come to the same conclusion.

If we want to see Supra's on the grid, I can see adding a stage2 turbo could make sense. I haven't tested this, but it feels right. This would need to be tested.

With the car rules we today have on page one we have something that we know works reasonably well, even I doubt we will see any Supras. If we do some significant changes I cannot see how we can run the first race in the championship next Friday and be reasonably sure it will work throughout the season.

I agree the Lexus Sc430 performance with Turbo stage 2 are now really close the GTR, yesterday with Paginas i did a lot races on Grand Valley Speedway.. all Nordic good drivers with stock GTR and just me with the SC 430 stock....no great chance for me....I saw that I lost a lot in acceleration pure acceleration..not a lot in top speed.
Anyway I agree with u, if we want see some Supra YellowHat in our championship we have to authorize the installations of some kind upgrade.

I agree the Lexus Sc430 performance with Turbo stage 2 are now really close the GTR, yesterday with Paginas i did a lot races on Grand Valley Speedway.. all Nordic good drivers with stock GTR and just me with the SC 430 stock....no great chance for me....I saw that I lost a lot in acceleration pure acceleration..not a lot in top speed.
Anyway I agree with u, if we want see some Supra YellowHat in our championship we have to authorize the installations of some kind upgrade.

Yes, I also noticed when I was behind You that the acceleration was the problem with the stock Lexus, but I didn´t want to raise the hp limit because of the unknown
people entering the session all the time. I didn´t want any
Z:s and so on....

I feel like people are getting very caught up on the tuning of the cars, when what seems to me to be deciding most of the races is who can stay out of trouble and run consistent laps. That's driver skill right there. It's my rule of thumb that anything less than a second difference in hot lap times goes right out the window in a race situation.

100% in agreement:tup:

Anyone who's available, hope on the IRC server so we can chat a bit.

It's on the Foonetic server, channel name's #wsgtc
(simple enough )
Go here for simplest entrance to the channel:
https://02.chat.mibbit.com/
Just go to the drop box next to "IRC" and find 'Foonetic'.
Then enter your nick
Then enter the channel name '#wsgtc'

👍

Thats what i think too. I'm not that fast in a hotlap, but i run races without mistakes (usually, last race at La Sarthe was another thing :sly:), and that gets me to the front of the pack, because almost everybody goes off track at least once in a race.

Yes, I also noticed when I was behind You that the acceleration was the problem with the stock Lexus, but I didn´t want to raise the hp limit because of the unknown
people entering the session all the time. I didn´t want any
Z:s and so on....

Yeah, dont worry about that, i understood very well, was your private test, and I was happy to race with u with my Lexus. Was very interesting understand where my car was fast and where was slow... But was frustranting see me overtake in pure accelleration..from GTR.. :)

I agree with most of what Imari wrote. In my opinion, the car rules as by page one works. We have tested it and I feel reasonably confident it will hold the test of time of a championship and we can press the "GO" button if we want.

I'm too really looking forward what the PP system might bring. But if we decide to implement some of it, I think it would be wrong to start the championship next week. We will then have to test the changes first to avoid a course correction in the middle of the championship, and that's always painful.

Obviously that's ridiculous. The point is to get the cars close enough that driver skill determines the outcome, not car choice. 100% equal cars was never even an option.

Having a diverse grid adds flavour and excitement to the grid. I enjoy being in a different car to my rivals. Team Wedssport had a great showing at La Sarthe. I suspect others feel a similar way. Part of the price for that is that cars are no longer exactly equivalent. That's a given. The idea is to make the cars we have as close as possible, so that people have a range of cars to choose from.

We're honestly not doing that badly. I haven't seen any major upsets due to car choice. The GTR and the NSX are close in GT500, and the Lexus looks like it's about even now too. In GT300 the Garaiya, the RX7, and the Celica are all very close, and the Subaru and Lexus aren't far behind. The MR2 *could* be fast, but I don't feel that anyone has given it a proper shot yet.

Hello all,

I'm just saying hi as I am newly registered (both to the site and to the upcoming WSGTC).

Looking forward to a good inaugural season with great racers.

See you on track.

One more point. When making decisions I always find it good to look around and see what can be untilized from other peoples experiances.

I'm in another GT500 championship which "Nissman" runs. We done five races so far. Car rules: Any premium or standard GT500, maximum 532hp. The field has eight GT-Rs '08 (518hp), three Supra Wodoone '03 (532hp), two NSX '06 (???hp), two GT-R '03 (???hp), one Lexus (???hp). I use a Supra Wodoone '03 in this championship.

So far, GT-R '08 have won four races, Supra Wodoone '03 one. One NSX is among the top three, the GT-R '03 looks promising, the Lexus dead last.

Just to give you a feel for the skill level at this championship. In WSGTC i view myself with a fair chance of winning races. At the last race, 48 laps at Indy road, despite me driving a solid race, I got laped by the winner (in a GT-R '08). The reason why this is important to point out is that typically the more skilled drivers has a more in depth understanding of the performance levels of the different cars.

Sail IC wrote:

"I'm in another GT500 championship which "Nissman" runs. We done five races so far. Car rules: Any premium or standard GT500, maximum 532hp. The field has eight GT-Rs '08 (518hp), three Supra Wodoone '03 (532hp), two NSX '06 (???hp), two GT-R '03 (???hp), one Lexus (???hp). I use a Supra Wodoone '03 in this championship."

I saw u in that race, I agree there are drivers and drivers, circuits and circuits, cars and cars, but if GTR won 4 races, 1 NSX, and 1 the Supra there is a reason.
I know that I'm not a super fast driver but I can see that some SuperGt cars is faster than my Lexus Sc430 and not just for the driver skills. ;)

Well since no one wanted to be nice and join the IRC room to help me come up with ideas for our logo, I decided to just make one up real fast and see what you all think here.

I took to the concept of making a logo that represented our series, simply.
The 6 stars represent the 6 pre-season races that established WSGTC.
The two banners represent GT500 and 300 cars with the former being represented by the longer, sleeker, orange banner.

The colors were chosen semi-randomly but I do think they look good together, I can change them to anything else. Gtplanet logo in respect of what brought us all together.

"World" text stretches out implying large series reach. "WSGTC" font steely and technocratic for that nice strong touch.
Red "Super GT" font in proper homage to our favorite Japanese racing series.

Main design:
ijxxKe.jpg

Here's the small version. It's meant to be the identifying banner for the series but not totally "a logo". I still need to break the concept down more into a compact design that's immediately recognizable at a distance, something that could be put on a windshield banner, for instance. But this ain't bad for two hours.

Icon sized:
http://i.min.us/ilD80q.jpg

Humongous version:
http://i.min.us/ijxzSm.jpg

Let me know 💡

Looks good Wardez.

What about a carbon patern for the WSGTC letters?? 💡

That's a different aesthetic than what I was going for but thanks. Maybe a carbon pattern on the banners could work later.

Forgot this one: (forum scheme)

ijwRYi.jpg

Added the super gt "G" logo

Last edited:

Yes, exactly! 👍

Almost all GT500 cars are very equal. Ballast/PP system is not needed. So if the new update do not change the physics (probably won't), we should just leave the cars untouched (as far as GT500 goes since that's my "area"), and probably just add a tune to the cars that are way to slow to bring them close to the others.

Some GT500 cars are still way to slow, so let me do some testing and see what I can come up to..

Nice logo Wardez! 👍

in gt300 there is quit a big difference in car perfomance. I have only tested the RX-7 and the Garayia. The RX-7 is not much faster on a hot lap but it has less wear on the tyres and it is easier to drive on suzuka. i have run all the preseason races in the arta but i want to drive the championship in the RX-7 because it,s faster and easier to drive. the only downside is the cockpit view and the driving pleassure it is not as fun to drive as the Garayia i think. i have not tested the standard cars but i can see that the Celica has a better power to wigth ratio then any of the premiums and it is mid engined. so i think it could be the fastest car in the class but i dont want to drive a standard car :)

PLUS

Does not compute. You've only tested the two cars that are roughly equal with each other.

i disagree i mean the lexus and the subaru premium are much slower then the RX-7 and the Garayia. my point is that the premium RX-7 is faster then the premium Garayia and i dont know about any of the standard cars there are i just seing the Celica has a very good power to weigth ratio. :)

I was wondering which GT500 car to get. I'm about to purchase one, either the Eneos SC or the Direzza SC. I know there's not much different but is anyone active with the Eneos? If so I'll just go with the Bandai/Direzza SC.

I was wondering which GT500 car to get. I'm about to purchase one, either the Eneos SC or the Direzza SC. I know there's not much different but is anyone active with the Eneos? If so I'll just go with the Bandai/Direzza SC.
I driven a Lexus Eneos turbo stage2 in the last Two preseason races (Monza-LeSarthe) with good results. I have to tell u that Lexus carS are not probably the faster SuperGt car here..but are honest cars.. ;)
Any Lexus Eneos, Petronas, Denso, Bandai are same and different in the sametime..but remamber really are not the same car.

Last edited:
<Out of topic>

What is going on with the unofficial race of tomorrow, Race 1 is full but is there going to be a second room ?

Daytona Road Course UNOFFICIAL event -Friday 18 February 2011 - Roll Call!

GT500
Nycrom - Lexus Sc430 Tom's Petronas
Paginas - Nissan Xavnavi Nismo GT-R
Vaga - Motul Autech Nissan GT-R
XsApollo - Nissan Yellowhat GTR
C-Falcon89 - Honda Raybrig NSX
Centura - Nissan Motul Autech GT-R
OwensRacing - Calsonic GT-R
NilsUrban - Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R
GTP_Sigma - Epson Mobil NSX
johnkiller2 - Lexus Sc430 Tom's Petronas
chorda - Autech Motul GT-R
Wardez - Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R
JPzer - Arta NSX

GT300
GTP_african_kat - Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
ffocus2008- RE Amemya Asparadrink RX-7
Scanny_Flick - Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
GTP_Senninha
GTP_Aderrrm - APEX MR-S '00
eppe00 - RE Amemya Asparadrink RX-7
Neomone - Wedssport Celica
Moieman - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
KamyKaze1098 - TBA
SteelToedSloth - RE Amemya Asparadrink RX-7
doctsuru_69 - Cusco Dunlop Impreza '08

Drivers in red are garanteed a spot in the unofficial race at Indy road this Friday.

When all "red" drivers are in, we will simply go from the top of the list to fill up a grid containing 7 GT500's and 7 GT300's.

That's a different aesthetic than what I was going for but thanks. Maybe a carbon pattern on the banners could work later.

Added the super gt "G" logo

I've got an idea for a smaller logo... it uses different elements of the one you have already designed but with one little space-saving alteration:

the GTPlanet logo with the red SUPER GT wrapped on a slight diagonal (for a better dynamic) around it like a banner (only the words though, not an actual banner). use the new super gt 'G' to add emphasis to the quality of the competition (in all respects) and, instead of 6 stars representing the six pre-season races, use one single six-pointed star (one point representing each one of the six races - this could be extended so that at each point the country logo or the circuit logo of each race [as per GT5] is set, like a sparkling diamond, say).
alternatively, you could try having the six stars in a chain around the main logo (GTPlanet + SUPER GT) and inside each star the country/circuit logo too.

i'd say that, because those 6 races were the foundation (the base) of what is going to become the inaugural WSGTC, the big star should be set behind the GTPlanet logo and be slightly opaque, in effect, supporting the solid main design, but still noticeable. the same for the six smaller, linked stars and their country/track logos.

what do you think?

hi, i'm hortus btw and i'm new to the site, so adding some input to the competition.

It's great to have a position in the GT300 class! I really look forward to racing everyone, well, as soon as I fully understand the qualifying system!

Here's my profile that:

Lives: The Lake District, United Kingdom
Lives with: The Family
Pets: 1 Cat
School: Barrow Sixth Form College
Favorite motor-sport : Formula One - I have been watching it since the 1999 season.
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo: Gran Turismo 1 was among the selection of games we got in 1998 with the Playstation, the graphics even then looked stunning!
Real Life Racing Background: Indoor and outdoor karting with family.

I can also confirm after numerous test sessions that I will be competing in the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08

C-Falcon89: You are right.. It's a typo.. Tomorrows race will be held at Daytona Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back