::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Internet goes off? The internet here never sleeps. :)

Seriously curious what that is about?

The internet connection in my area is pretty weak, so weak in fact that we can only have it on for around 12 hours at a time, otherwise it will bottom out the next day and we can't use it at all lol 👎 So we turn off our connection around 11pm - 11:30pm for the whole night. Pretty stuffy really, considering we pay for 20mb Unlimited Broadband and only get 3-5mb on a good day :indiff:

Either way I'm happy with the times, I should able to make them easily. Can't believe I'm in Div1 in my Lexus... Last week was a totally different story! :scared:

On most tracks its simple, Monza for sure not. If you look at Paginas excellent photos. The second photo shows that the last part of the curb at corner exit is not a curb, its cement all the way to the tarmac. If you are picky, you need to two wheel on the tarmac at the last part of the turn. Also, the curbs are dirty making it difficult to see when driving.

But is there any downside to rule that two wheels always needs to be on the track tarmac. I don't see any. Also, I think we take to much curb as is, much more than in real racing. At Nurberg I was very aggressive at the chicane. I even set my car at nearly maximum ride hight to be able to take the chicane aggressive. I constantly try to cut many corners more than I feel is natural.

In terms of penalties, some of us had a very good discussion. In terms of un-clean cutting in the race, penalty would only be given if its repetitve and view as being part of the drivers normal racing line. Not for the one off incidents.

Masi,
pls reply to the penalty discussion. I think we came up with a great system for penalty at contact. Effective, simple to understand, and almost 100% fair. I think its important to have this system active to promote clean driving.

I hear you.. But if 2 tyres don't touch the tarmac or red/white rumble strips, it's not legit.. I really can't see what's the problem here..

And maybe it's not as realistic, but as long as the ruel is clear (anyway, for me it is) it's the same for everyone..

Testing room going up tonight, 9pm JST/12pm midday GMT. Half hour shakedown session followed by two ten lap races at 9.30 and 10.00. All are welcome. Room number will be posted closer to the time.

1472-6118-3830-2743-5469

If you have any problems connecting or during the race, please report them here. Voice chat is disabled, so don't report that. ;)

Room closed.

Just me and chorda (and Nycrom popped in briefly). Didn't seem to have any issues, but it's not a very good test with only a couple of people. If I'm still awake in a few hours I'll try and make another one, but don't get too hopeful.

Room closed.

Just me and chorda (and Nycrom popped in briefly). Didn't seem to have any issues, but it's not a very good test with only a couple of people. If I'm still awake in a few hours I'll try and make another one, but don't get too hopeful.

Yes, I saw u and Chorda racing..but I had to come back to my office.... :ouch:

Room closed.

just got in from work... if you make another at some point il prob join....

On most tracks its simple, Monza for sure not. If you look at Paginas excellent photos. The second photo shows that the last part of the curb at corner exit is not a curb, its cement all the way to the tarmac. If you are picky, you need to two wheel on the tarmac at the last part of the turn. Also, the curbs are dirty making it difficult to see when driving.

But is there any downside to rule that two wheels always needs to be on the track tarmac. I don't see any. Also, I think we take to much curb as is, much more than in real racing. At Nurberg I was very aggressive at the chicane. I even set my car at nearly maximum ride hight to be able to take the chicane aggressive. I constantly try to cut many corners more than I feel is natural.

In terms of penalties, some of us had a very good discussion. In terms of un-clean cutting in the race, penalty would only be given if its repetitve and view as being part of the drivers normal racing line. Not for the one off incidents.

I agree i think the rules at moment have people attacking the curbs too much. look at my quali time im almost a second quicker than anyone, and i admit i used as much curb as i was allowed....

i suggest two tyres SHOULD always been on tarmac

Masi,
pls reply to the penalty discussion. I think we came up with a great system for penalty at contact. Effective, simple to understand, and almost 100% fair. I think its important to have this system active to promote clean driving.

and yes masi johnkiller had some good ideas

who will be the final host for div2. i am asking because my nat type is 3(i know sucks) and i cant find rooms by number so i must add him :D

who will be the final host for div2. i am asking because my nat type is 3(i know sucks) and i cant find rooms by number so i must add him :D

There is a way to improve your NAT type, I recently did it, I now get NAT:embarrassed:PEN in call of duty whereas I used to get NAT:STRICT.

It's worth the effort in my opinion.

Im wondering if i can qualify with somebody on our own as its not letting me join when the lobby is full, I live in holland so i need a good european host or its not gonna let me in. Or just a good host, as i joined a room with 14 people from south korea and im in europe and it was fine.

There is a way to improve your NAT type, I recently did it, I now get NAT:embarrassed:PEN in call of duty whereas I used to get NAT:STRICT.

It's worth the effort in my opinion.

ared you going to tell them then? or lead them in the right direction lol?

I couldn't make qualy yesterday.
So am i allowed qualify today if i get a steward in the room with me?

Edit; just read first post :P

Ignore this.

Right...

Just checked replay for GTP_Senninha as i was unsure about his qualifing lap...

Flying Lap 1 = 1:54.382 = DIRTY
All 4 wheels off the track at turn 7 (it prob slowed him down anyway as he touched the gravel)

Flying Lap 2 = 1:53.886 = CLEAN

Well done very quick time mate.. was close at turn 2, just had your wheels on the red and white curb...

1472-6118-3830-2743-5469

If you have any problems connecting or during the race, please report them here. Voice chat is disabled, so don't report that. ;)

Lol i would of joined with my bro got numbers up a bit but i slept in, i had a late night.

Masi,

Ok, will go over it when i get home.

I will also host a practice session somewhere around 9 - 10 pm GMT.

moiman/andil said he cant make race on fri so really african kat should be promoted to div1 and cranky456 gets last spot in div2 is this right ?

Right...

Just checked replay for GTP_Senninha as i was unsure about his qualifing lap...

Flying Lap 1 = 1:54.382 = DIRTY
All 4 wheels off the track at turn 7 (it prob slowed him down anyway as he touched the gravel)

Flying Lap 2 = 1:53.886 = CLEAN

Well done very quick time mate.. was close at turn 2, just had your wheels on the red and white curb...

i was abit worried my self but i checked in replay and got the same result as you:)

Practice race will be open for any divisions.

African_kat moves up to D1. First guy from D2 moves up also.

Back