Some sob has gt4

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 322 comments
I will settle for any version of GT4, But no more Demo's, Please! I also noticed on Ebay that GT4 Japanese version are for sale and will be shipped by Dec, 28th, Hopefully someone will show some insight of the game play to have complete confirmation of all the new info, I can't wait for a copy!!! đź‘Ť

HYBRIDLVR
I will settle for any version of GT4, But no more Demo's, Please! I also noticed on Ebay that GT4 Japanese version are for sale and will be shipped by Dec, 28th, Hopefully someone will show some insight of the game play to have complete confirmation of all the new info, I can't wait for a copy!!! đź‘Ť

I just wish PD would give us a release date for the U.S. You would think that it would come out within the first week of January since originally the U.S. version was supposed to come out one or two weeks after the Japanese version before it was delayed. But even if they did give us a date, u know PD and there delays *knock on wood*.

Man I can't wait. Its great too see that all you guys are just has anxious has I am for the game.

I can believe 1080i being in the game PD's crazy like that and soon ppl all over this forum will confirm for us wheather this is true or not, but just in case it's true and the game does run 1080i during gameplay here is a cheap alternative for those of us without an HDTV. http://hh141.hiphip.com/default.asp this device will turn any VGA monitor into a progressive scan monitor. It really works my friend owns one and he uses it too play his xbox games in progressive scan mode.

Gabkicks
the the release date on the playstation website is march, isnt it?

Just checked it....says March 2005 :guilty: . Although, i haven't heard if PD has announced a U.S. date...and i remember another thread that some places are saying late january, some are saying early to late February, and a few that say march 2005. Who knows...

live4speed
I want a new TV, but I'm debating between a high spec digital projector or a 48" plasma, a 48" LCD is a bit too much at the moment. Is there any TV bioffins around to suggest the better option of the two?

avoid the plasma at all costs, those burn in very fast, in a few months you would have the static images from GT4 printed permanently on your very expensive plasma.... so, if gaming is your main thing, go for the Projector instead. the only drawback would be the fact that you would have to play in the dark.. but maybe later on you can get an ambient light rejecting screen that is due 2005 from sony (kinda expensive, but it will render plasmas obsolete)

SaintKamus
avoid the plasma at all costs, those burn in very fast,
Do You own a plasma?
Did You see actuall picture burn in?
If its something You heard on the internet, please dont post it,
I do for one own a plasma and I do have burn in issue, but it goes away after 20 minutes...Ive playing video games on it for last 2 years, no problems at all, burn ins always go away and dont leave a mark, and games look awsome on it.......

Hello everybody im new to this site. Ive been here for about 3 weeks now but i havent posted anything just watching and reading.But im getting tired of watching.When do u think the guys with the game will start giving us some answers to the questions.

I is really itching me to find out is how is how the game compares to the features Forza will have in it. So far ive found out they are only spoilers but dont know if u can adjust them. In FM i think they will let u adjust them. For comparison purposes it would be really nice to know wether GT4 has tire heat pressure and wear charecteristics. and how does the engine sound when u add diffrent parts to it and what can u tune in the engine.

So far we know FM is supposed to have tire heat pressure and tire wear physics.Diffrent upgrades parts will alter engine sounds and the power curves will be simulated realistically. So far in the latest preview they said there is 40 ways to change your set up in the engine. Like adding turbos, super chargers, changing fuel injection and pressure ratio settings. It is itching me to see how GT4 will compare to what FM is suppose to have. đź’ˇ

hey like when is some one going to rip this game and put it on line for people like me to download, i dont care about 1080 and 480 bla bla ,,,i want to play the game come on guys it's all about you a car and the track and nottin but fun .... when is this rip coming out :sly:

lancer10
hey like when is some one going to rip this game and put it on line for people like me to download, i dont care about 1080 and 480 bla bla ,,,i want to play the game come on guys it's all about you a car and the track and nottin but fun .... when is this rip coming out :sly:
Hope you burn in hell pirate.

evilgnome
Hope you burn in hell pirate.

now y would u want that .......anyway just got off the phone with my friend he just got his copy and riping it and uploading it to yousendit.com he say's it's over 5gig i think he''s loseing it but it's in 5 parts he say for yousendit :dopey: so i will be sending pic.....and vids soon .....sorry i'm not going to show the intro ... dont want to kill the fun of you guys seeing it .

lancer10
now y would u want that .......anyway just got off the phone with my friend he just got his copy and riping it and uploading it to yousendit.com he say's it's over 5gig i think he''s loseing it but it's in 5 parts he say for yousendit :dopey: so i will be sending pic.....and vids soon .....sorry i'm not going to show the intro ... dont want to kill the fun of you guys seeing it .
GT4 is over 8GB. I dont't think you friend has the right file. I hope it is corrupt or some random game that sombody just renamed to GT4. Besides, you need dual-layuered DVDs and DVD-burner.

oh, and:
GTPlanet Acceptable Use Policy
  • You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
  • You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files (such as ripped DVD's, CD's, etc.), "cracks", or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.

Actually, I'd like to see screenshots of all the different modes. KY said that sacrifices were going to have to be made for progressive. According to someone up a hundred posts or so, the big difference is between 480i and the others, that 480p and 1080i are fairly similar. That tells me that something changes when you leave the "native" 480i. Most likely in the form of lower polygon count, lower quality textures, etc. While the HDTV owners among us will no doubt enjoy the progressive and/or hi-res modes, I have a feeling that the folks who own a normal TV (like myself), who are limited to using only 480i, will actually end up with the best picture.

The problem is, that screenshots would require an HDTV import card for the computer... do they even make those?

However, 480p and 480i should be do-able. Same track, same car, same time, for an honest side-by-side comparison.

Event Horizon
GT4 is over 8GB. I dont't think you friend has the right file. I hope it is corrupt or some random game that sombody just renamed to GT4. Besides, you need dual-layuered DVDs and DVD-burner.

oh, and:

that's what i told him but he say's its the full game he got a ps2 with a chip in it he test it on it and it work now i get 30kb download and over 5 gig will take me about.... omg that's like 24hour, dam it o well

"Says" it's the full game, huh? Sony says it's over 9GB, he says it's 5GB. Gee, who do you believe?

Besides, you'll still need a dual-layer DVD burner. I'm assuming he has one of those?

lancer10
that's what i told him but he say's its the full game he got a ps2 with a chip in it he test it on it and it work now i get 30kb download and over 5 gig will take me about.... omg that's like 24hour, dam it o well

oops just got word from him it's a rip copy what he did was take out some FMV đź‘Ž so he's doing it back over my bad now . when is this ripping going to finish i will hit my bed and by morning i hope to see some files in my mail .....well let u guys know : :crazy:

He could have taken out an FMV, but unless there's about 2 hours of video on that disk for the one 'some FMV', I highly doubt he took 3 gigabytes out, let alone more. It's more than likely, if Lancer10 here isn't deprived of attention and just trying to find a way to validate himself for reasons unknown, that not only is the game ripped, but it's also been packed into a .tar or .rar file format, and then compressed from there. It's possible to get almost 50% compression out of files that are not audio or video formats...but judging by the intense grammar and punctuation displayed by our little informant here, he's probably working at the professional level, and was about to tell everyone all of this anyway. That is, of course, after he read the forum rules and realized that he broke a major one at least 4 times already.

-Metz

dcarena
Thats not quite right. GT4, and any progressive scan videogame and DVD runs in the same frames-per-second whether its interlaced non-hdtv (ie 480i), or progressive scan (480p, 720p), or high def (1080i). GT4 runs at 60fps NTSC and 50fps PAL. When in progressive scan it is showing both of the fields at once instead of one at a time like in interlaced images, so you'll get a much smoother image. But the framerate is the same - it just looks smoother, cleaner, and sharper in 480p.

The difference between 480i and 480p isn't night and day, but it is nice. I recently played through US NTSC Metroid Prime 2 in 480p and it looks great. 1080i will look awesome though because of the resolution, but in fact 720p does generally look better (as its a progressive, much smoother, image) even with a slightly lower (but still very high resolution).

I'd imagine 480p would be the maximum you'll want to play GT4 in (if it in fact 1080i if for racing, not just menus), because running a PlayStation2 game at 1080 resolution will be an incredible hit on the hardware, and I would think a lot of effects and track detail will have to be removed to get in running in a frame.

This is the quote from glossary site:

"Progressive or progressive scan is basically an opposite to interlaced picture.

In standard, interlaced analog TV, the picture on TV is changed 50 or 60 times (50Hz in Europe/PAL systems and 60Hz in most NTSC systems, including the American one), but the picture contains only every other horizontal line and the line between is left "empty" -- and the next frame then contains only the horizontal lines missed in the last frame. So, therefor in interlaced picture, at 50Hz frequency, the picture actually changes only 25 times per second (so its framerate is 25fps).

But in progressive scan technology, every picture contains everything, so therefor 50Hz progressive scan video changes the picture 50 times per second, having the framerate of 50fps. "

No mention of better quality....

For all those doubting 1080i, nobody thought it was possible on PS2, neither did I.
But somehow PD was able to pull this off, thats why GT4 was delayed for so long, because PD kept trying to squeeze every last drop out of this thing.

I have PS2 running thru Component cable's into a Sony 50" HX2 (not sold in US). I think I'll be able to capture screenshots and video clips thru the Memory Stick Pro slot in the media box, but I don't know if capturing in 1080i will require massive storage space.

1twojay
...but I don't know if capturing in 1080i will require massive storage space.

It shouldn't. A hi-def JPG can be quite small, less than 1MB, easily enough. I think we'd only be looking for screenshots, not videos. Videos require much more compression, and you lose tons of detail. And a hi-def video would be incredibly huge, and most of us wouldn't even be able to play it. JPGs are fine. :)

so are there any reviews yet?
I read on some Japanese site that somes PS2 might have trouble loading the DVD9 format. I have a first gen JPN so I'm kinda worried. Well, I can play WA alter code F, so I assume it's all good.

There are some reported slow downs especially when there's a lot of cars bunched up. Then again, who knows until you play it.

Racing modify reported missing. Did I hear wrong? On some interview it was said that this feature is coming back. Unlock this time?

Anyone find a link for at least the intro?

There´s a file named Gran_Turismo_4_JAP_PS2DVD9-GANT going through the web. I don´t know if it´s the game though.

Back