Some sob has gt4

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 322 comments
FatAssBR
Good answer.

Edit: BUT, I don´t think it´s possible to conpress a 9Gb file into a 5Gb one.

It's very possible. I've seen it done before. I can't confirm ofcourse that its a full version, but ~5700MB can definitley be uncompressed to 8500MB, thats like what 33%.

Daave
It's very possible. I've seen it done before. I can't confirm ofcourse that its a full version, but ~5700MB can definitley be uncompressed to 8500MB, thats like what 33%.
Theoretically it is possible, but the file taking the biggest part of the cake, usually called GTx.VOL, already is highly compressed. And an already compressed file can't be compressed about 30% again.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

cobragt
so, when you put it in 1080i, the enviroment simply looks smoother and more clear or does detail in the enviroment go down?
From what I read yes, in 1080i you gain the higher res, but lose a bit of quality. I really would love to compare 1080i and 480p myself.

Personally I cant wait to try 1080i / 16x9. But if the detail is noticable then ill stick with 480p / 16x9.

Um, I don't know why you people would believe that the tuning or moding is not in the game. Every single GT game has had moding so there's absolutely no chance of it NOT being in. ADBAN probably didn't see it. There's been plenty of screenshots of the menus and so forth so it's definitely in.

gmartin
Um, I don't know why you people would believe that the tuning or moding is not in the game. Every single GT game has had moding so there's absolutely no chance of it NOT being in. ADBAN probably didn't see it. There's been plenty of screenshots of the menus and so forth so it's definitely in.
We don't doubt that tuning is in, and we never did. But where has modding been in GT3? :dunce:

evilgnome
From what I read yes, in 1080i you gain the higher res, but lose a bit of quality. I really would love to compare 1080i and 480p myself.

Well, I think most us are stuck playing it in 480i on normal televisions.. so I think 480i vs 1080i would be the "better" comparison for informational purposes. However, a 480p image would be easy enough to capture alongside the 480i version.

the Interceptor
We don't doubt that tuning is in, and we never did. But where has modding been in GT3? :dunce:

I think the word 'moding' needs clarified. If you mean moding as in adding performance upgrades then yes it is in the game.

I thin he means the race car modification last seen in GT2. From what I can uderstand theres no race car mod as such, but instead you'll be able to do all the usual reducing weight and such, then theres a roll cage icon which is probably to install a roll cage and now we have to ability to install rear wings to our cars to alter downforce. So in effect you still have the race mod, it's just not quite the same as in GT1 and GT2.

Yep, it does thoes things. It also adds to the feel of turning your road car into a race car IMO.

well, if u've ever seen best motoring, they complain about tires wearing out, breaks fading, and oil temperature after only a few laps. :)

Lots of great screenshots and info in this thread. I will hopefully have this within a few weeks after my friend burns it and sends it to me. :) 👍

Majin SSJ Eric
What does that mean? Do they still wear out in 2 friggin laps like in GT3? :banghead:

Depends what type of tires you're using (super soft to super hard) and whether you drive like a maniac.

Back